Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nextmap improvements / CA improvement

Hello! I'm running xonotic-dedicated (from git) with a mostly blank/stock config file with voting enabled. When a player calls "vote call nextmap" on my server, the server says

"nextmap" is "" [""]

Then, the same map is played. I feel that this is because a map rotation is not setup, but I do have a g_maplist. I feel like it would make more sense for xonotic to present a votemap similar to if endgame was called (unless I am misunderstanding the nextmap command).

Another offtopic suggestion I had was that when in a CA server by yourself, you are not allowed to warm up. It currently tells you more players are need to play CA. It would be nice if you could warm up and practice movement. This would be especially nice for players looking to get used to the movement and weapons. I understand that you can call a vote to play a bot, but I also don't see a good reason for you not to be able to do this.

Any way just some minor suggestions! Keep up the good work on an awesome project!

I always figured nextmap would work if you didn't have the map voting at the end of the match enabled. Why not just vote for endmatch if all you want to do is bring up the votable map screen?

Nextmap is not a command, it's a setting. Calling a vote for "nextmap" displays the content of the setting on the server console. You want to use endmatch intstead, and set up your g_maplist properly.

I totally agree on your idea about CA servers, it would actually make sense to set up public CA servers that way, as it is now no one would join an empty server because it would be simply way too boring to have to sit and spectate. I'd really love to see some public CA action Big Grin
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(05-25-2012, 04:16 AM)Halogene Wrote: I'd really love to see some public CA action Big Grin

It's in the queue of things I want to get done this summer Smile

(05-25-2012, 01:08 AM)prg319 Wrote: Another offtopic suggestion I had was that when in a CA server by yourself, you are not allowed to warm up. It currently tells you more players are need to play CA.

Set g_warmup 1 and you have a warmup mode before the actual game starts (players need to press F4 to end it ).

...what I CAN do regarding nextmap is make it error (and explain how it works) if no parameters are provided, though. That way this confusion doesn't happen again.

Hello? nextmap is a CVAR.

(05-26-2012, 10:58 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Hello? nextmap is a CVAR.
It has specific code in the game anyway, I can just make the command system handle it specially. The same already happens for commands line gotomap and cvars like timelimit anyway, it's just a special case handling for such things.

(05-26-2012, 09:51 AM)Samual Wrote: ...what I CAN do regarding nextmap is make it error (and explain how it works) if no parameters are provided, though. That way this confusion doesn't happen again.

sounds good to me!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Relief Mapping - Performance Improvement - Beta v2 master[mind] 39 45,665 11-11-2014, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin