Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[INVALID] Beginner requesting assistance

Hello,
I played Xonotic over 6 months now and I reality loved it. I recommended the game to my friends and they enjoyed it as well.

Sadly, we ran into some difficulties. On playing online multiplayer, we usually get servers with 300+ PING. As a result we can't play very well.
In addition, during the time we go online, there aren't much active servers.

The game doesn't have any online or LAN hosting options like in other FPS games, so I kindly request the developers of this awesome game to integrate game hosting options.

Lastly, thanks in advance.

Quote:The game doesn't have any online or LAN hosting options like in other FPS games, so I kindly request the developers of this awesome game to integrate game hosting options.

???

Xonotic has full hosting capabilities over lan and over internet. That's the create option in the multiplayer menu (or a dedicated server executable if you want to setup one). The only thing you need to keep in mind is that your machine which is hosting the game has to be visible from the network where other ppl will try to connect. So you need to open the needed ports on your firewall (dunno which ones though :-P ) and/or forward them to your machine on your router is you use one. Alternatively you can use a service like hamachi to connect with your friends for a 'lan over internet'. Anyway - you can host a multiplayer game just fine from any machine.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(06-04-2012, 07:28 AM)Knyghtmare Wrote: Sadly, we ran into some difficulties. On playing online multiplayer, we usually get servers with 300+ PING. As a result we can't play very well.
In addition, during the time we go online, there aren't much active servers.

Uh, find servers in your location? Tongue Where are you from?

He/She is from a kind of remote place according to their IP address. I don't think there is much of a community around your region, Knyghtmare. You can sort the servers by ping, but I'm not sure you'll find anything decent, sadly Sad

To host a LAN game, use the "create" window in the menu as the others suggested. You can also use the dedicated server but that's a little bit trickier. It is much more smooth if your hosting computer isn't very performant, though. Read the readme.txt file in the "server" directory for some info. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.