Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open letter to servers' admins

You could start by posting all maps which are in the rotation. Or create forums on DCC webpage.

Did you even read the previous posts?

(06-06-2012, 06:36 AM)Majki Wrote: You could start by posting all maps which are in the rotation. Or create forums on DCC webpage.

there is a quite useful command called "lsmaps"
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Well, I don't want this thread to transform into DCC server one or "which maps are best" one. But okay.

I have looked through this list, "custom maps" section:
http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/wiki/Maps

And my types for maps which I have played:
Apace
Final Rage
Heavy Metal
Hydrophobia (n1 Cortez)
Solarium
Tarx
Darkzone

All in All - Kuniu and Maddyn own.

Maps I would like to dry run:
Above
Atelier
Atomforge
Azalea
Relent
Ruined

Stuff above + stock maps and we are happy. But that's my opinion.

Solarium and Darkzone are stock since 0.6.

Also Ruined, under the name "Drain".
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(06-06-2012, 08:21 AM)Majki Wrote: Well, I don't want this thread to transform into DCC server one or "which maps are best" one. But okay.

And my types for maps which I have played:
Apace
Final Rage *
Heavy Metal
Hydrophobia (n1 Cortez)
Solarium *
Tarx *
Darkzone *

Above marked map choices make your credibility questionable. See what a difference of opinion does?
[Image: optsig.png]

I'm not gonna argue about names, I used Wiki.

Quote:Above marked map choices make your credibility questionable. See what a difference of opinion does?

Credibility?

And these maps are all available on DCC (except Relent since it's like Soylent, we have Xoylent), so you should be pleased. Tongue

I kinda agree with majki point. If you play on the various servers at the moment you will find a majority of the time you wind up on some none stock half baked map, and that is being polite. I have been reviewing and testing whats out at the moment. There are only two DM maps out side of stock that should probably be in rotation. They are listed below.

Atelier
Strength

Both of these have good level design, polished artwork, and good movement.

On a side note solarium should be dropped from stock. Art work is top notch, which is why it is currently stock, but the level design and gameplay are very poor.

However I have a different solution to the problem, I'm going to fire up a new server, with sticker content standards.

Thx TickleMeElmo for the suggestions.

Strenght was already on the DCC servers, Atelier got added.
Have fun :-)
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

Why do people hate eyecancer(cured?), it's a classic nexuiz map. All it needs are some shields at the bases, its very similar to Newtonian Nightmare.

(06-06-2012, 03:27 PM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: Why do people hate eyecancer(cured?), it's a classic nexuiz map. All it needs are some shields at the bases, its very similar to Newtonian Nightmare.

why did i made the original? clueless newbie added just proper textures.
its just a random and fucking boring spacefloater nothing original at all.
everyone with a bit mapping experience could something like that within a few hours
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Quote:And these maps are all available on DCC (except Relent since it's like Soylent, we have Xoylent), so you should be pleased.

I bet my both balls apart from maps I have mentioned you have a dozen of those, which are not listed - and they are a source of problem.

You are DCC - newbie who fired up Xonotic for a first time will probably loose his game virginity on your server Smile Make sure it won't hurt to much Smile

(06-06-2012, 03:41 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: why did i made the original? clueless newbie added just proper textures.
everyone with a bit mapping experience could something like that within a few hours

it doesn't have to be complex to be enjoyable

(06-06-2012, 03:48 PM)Majki Wrote: I bet my both balls apart from maps I have mentioned you have a dozen of those, which are not listed - and they are a source of problem.

You are DCC - newbie who fired up Xonotic for a first time will probably loose his game virginity on your server Smile Make sure it won't hurt to much Smile

Dude, why are you specific? which map got which problem so it can be fixed! If there are problems name them.

oh and provocation is very useful if you want people listing to you.

@frostwyrm333: true that, but it got way more weaknesses then Newtonian Nightmare

(06-06-2012, 03:41 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: why did i made the original? clueless newbie added just proper textures.

Eh, I've seen tens of space floaters and quite a lot of them featured different gameplay/strategy, strangely. This is a rather nice thing, actually. Now if only none of them had the nex...

Quote:oh and provocation is very useful if you want people listing to you.

FFS Cortez. I'm not trolling nor disrespecting anybody. M'kay?

Last time I have raqe quited I saw in my dlcache: eggsandbacon, cube-arena, dearsoelensroom_v8.

(06-06-2012, 04:27 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Eh, I've seen tens of space floaters and quite a lot of them featured different gameplay/strategy, strangely. This is a rather nice thing, actually. Now if only none of them had the nex...

people would play them in minsta Smile thats one flaw of the map (super easy spawncamping)

(06-06-2012, 04:32 PM)Majki Wrote: Last time I have raqe quited I saw in my dlcache: eggsandbacon, cube-arena, dearsoelensroom_v8.
well, you called Mirio a dcc newbie, but apparently you are the newbie/beginner etc.. Its been always that way there are as many different maps as possible so everyone got there personal favorites available. The maps which are played are voteable, since the voting system got added.

I hate to quote myself...

(06-06-2012, 04:57 AM)Sless Wrote: [...]
You can always do a <suggestmap 'mapname'>. But this only works for one mapsuggestion per game.
The command to list the maps available on the server is <lsmaps>, also in console, like the suggestmap command.

So - and on behalf of the server-admins:
We dont have time clicking and searching the whole forum every day, searching for new maps, maps that would be nice, but being considered as alpha or beta, or even test every single new map that shows up.

[...]

Okay - again:

Go to the server you want. Type in console: lsmaps. Every map you see listed there IS AVAILABLE on the server. If you want to play a specific map - type: suggestmap 'mapname'.

I've checked twice - all the maps you mentioned (but one) are on the server.
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

(06-06-2012, 04:41 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: well, you called Mirio a dcc newbie, but apparently you are the newbie/beginner etc..

i'm pretty sure there's a little bit of misunderstanding here, i see him meaning something different. "you are responsible for DCC, so make sure noobs will see some decent maps instead of rubbish" - that's how i understand his words.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

^^ Cortez my man, you misunderstood! Smile

Quote:you are responsible for DCC, so make sure noobs will see some decent maps instead of rubbish" - that's how i understand his words.

Thanks Kuniu!

Hmm... Majki: In the first post mentioned that you are also a mapper. Your advices about mapping has very productive form me and you help me with my current projects - I do appreciate that.
But as far as you do some mapping (doesn't matter if only as a hobby) and you are anxious about the state of current 'cube-arena-like' maps then mabye you will try to remake at least few of them (with enjoyable gamplay) and relase?
I do agree with you: Not all maps are the best ones (especially visual-wise), why not making them prettier by yourself then?

Well, I work on levels for Urban Terror HD game:
http://www.urbanterror.info/members/profile/majkifajki/

That takes a lot of my free time Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's make our servers community-like! xord86_64 3 994 02-03-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: xord86_64
  [META] Deploying Xonotic using GKE Game Servers? FAF 4 1,823 09-14-2022, 08:32 AM
Last Post: cushinga
  [ MoFo ] Servers Master Thread end user 5 4,956 11-27-2020, 09:33 PM
Last Post: end user
  [NEED HELP] Server failed to open socket on address... Hexactinal 2 2,374 11-21-2020, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Hexactinal
  Game servers in Kazakhstan. Mysyk 4 3,684 07-17-2020, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Mysyk
  Stazille.com | Quality Xonotic Servers djinn- 0 1,558 04-17-2020, 10:18 AM
Last Post: djinn-
  How To Open Server? Lyviq 0 1,479 03-11-2020, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Lyviq
  My Xonotic servers - more wanted? MarisaG 2 2,612 02-20-2019, 05:36 AM
Last Post: MarisaG
  New servers, interested to see what times people get to them... MarisaG 0 2,398 10-06-2018, 04:06 AM
  Free hosting for Xonotic servers MarisaG 8 6,259 09-18-2018, 07:06 PM