Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Xonotic about? The question has been answered.

What is Xonotic about?
C.Brutail Answers:
"Also, one of the basics of Xonotic was: more strickt moderation on IRC and on the forum."

1) Less freedom.

"but to replace what was old" -- Taximus
"What WILL get removed and moved out into a compat pack, are low quality media assets like the REALLY old texture packs originally made for Q3A and really old GPUs." -- Divverent

2) Reducing the palette of default textures that mappers can rely upon.

"There are also efforts to make a unification of the art style" -- Taximus

3) Dictate the art direction from above.

4) Change shit for virtually no reason, except to increase the egos of the masters of the "revolution". So they can say they "did" something (told people to make new assets).

and

5) Start a new project that has no involvement from people that the "dictators of the revolution" don't like.

"MikeeUSA is NOT TOLERATED BY ANY MEANS ON XONOTIC FORUMS."
"His long offensive behaviour on the AT forums proved, that he won't change. Also, one of the basics of Xonotic was: more strickt moderation on IRC and on the forum."

It's not because of my lack of work and lazy lay-about good-for nothing ways (my 43 map packs (with 43 diffrent worlds, and counting the ctf variants, about 50 or so maps), various models, various textures, some music, all GPL) that the Xonotic Comittie have excluded me from "their" community and from being part of the developer group, it is because they don't like what I have SAID about women's rights.

I was told (if I recall), before the fork, that I would get to be part of the developer group.
Instead I have been excluded completely from the developer group, removed from the IRC channel, and my threads are locked as soon as they are found here. I've been told to get the fuck out and that xonotic does not want me by the main community leaders in the IRC channel, and we hear that the main POINT of xonotic is to keep a tighter reign on the discourse of the people involved in xonotic.

Xonotic, freedom wise, is WORSE by FAR than Nexuiz.
This reminds me of the french revolution. How the new leaders were worse than the old, how they made change for the sake of just not being like the old (changed the calander, tried to institute a goddess religion after banning the Catholic Church for awhile).

The failed character of the leaders who perpetuated the french revolution are the same failed character of the leaders of this anti-Nexuiz revolution (C.Brutail, Dojukistan, other "Sheepherders of the People" etc.)

Xonotic is not the nexuiz-plus that we wanted.
Rather than being freed from the limits of imagination that LordHavok imposed (he disallowed new weapons, or things that didn't make "sence" in a "first person shooter") we have been driven into the arms of a new bunch of tyrants worse than the first.

What we need is a nexuiz-plus, not Nexuiz MKII, not some other game, not a list of mandates and bannings from the new leaders of the proletariate class. Anyone up for that?

http://forums.xonotic.org//showthread.php?tid=307

C.Brutail Offline
LaidBack Mapper
RE: About the mikeeUSA thread
NO.
MikeeUSA is NOT TOLERATED BY ANY MEANS ON XONOTIC FORUMS.
His long offensive behaviour on the AT forums proved, that he won't change. Also, one of the basics of Xonotic was: more strickt moderation on IRC and on the forum.
I don't care if he's mentally ill: go and see a doctor, take the chill-pill, and learn from the issues of the past. In case he isn't, just grow up, and get out of our business!
I've closed the thread in the morning, and now I'll close this one too. I've had enough of the drama queen long time ago on AT forums.

I appreciate your earlier work for Nexuiz but please stop creating not pleasant threads,thx

The problem with nexuiz was that LordHavoc wouldn't allow us to do some things that we wanted; he didn't want to expand the game past the First Person Shooter paradigm and wouldn't allow those who did want to add optional features to allow that to do so and did not appreciate non-fps features (more weapons than a normal first person shooter would allow, other non-fps features like huge terrains, cutting, lots of vehicles). He would also remove assets and features from the game (Tag Seeker).

Does Xonotic solve this problem? It appears that the Leaders of the Xonotic revolution have just added MORE RESTRICTIONS upon those who would wish to contribute or add to the game.

Xonotic is NOT the solution to the problem we faced; it's just MORE PROBLEMS but with a diffrent group of people getting to hold fast the reigns of power (C.Brutali, Dojukistan), and hold the TIGHTER than the masters before them.

It's just an ego boost so that C.Brutali and Dojukistan etc can say they made a game, without them having to actually do much of any work: they just make the demands for artstyle, or this and that upon the "asset creators" and once they have enough free assets which were dictated by them they can say they created a new game.

Once they have created a new game (off of your work, with them dictating what you shall work on) they can put that on their resume and get a good job.

You're being used.
There's less freedom in Xonotic than in nexuiz; it even has employment restrictions too: "Irish-Swissgerman-Polish Mysoginists like MikeeUSA need not apply" (Even though I've proved myself very capable of the job).

Ask yourself why you arent wanted here!

(04-19-2010, 10:10 AM)od@r Wrote: I appreciate your earlier work for Nexuiz but please stop creating not pleasant threads,thx

We allready have group-think and thought control here?
Speechcodes and such...
No non-pleasant threads? Nothing critical of the neo-glorious revolution when it turns out it's making a mad dash further from the light of freedom?

(04-19-2010, 10:18 AM)MikeeUSA Wrote:
(04-19-2010, 10:10 AM)od@r Wrote: I appreciate your earlier work for Nexuiz but please stop creating not pleasant threads,thx

We allready have group-think and thought control here?
Speechcodes and such...
No non-pleasant threads? Nothing critical of the neo-glorious revolution when it turns out it's making a mad dash further from the light of freedom?

how you continue to help the xonotic community if you creating threads like this?

actually mr mikee , its been awesome 4 me , i was a nobody , but doku and the other guys have helped me get involved in this.
yes u have made some cool maps , but maybe you over steped your position by talkin about things that wernt cool , idk...
why not say sorry and ask nicely to the main guys , and see if u can start again?
some times people read stuff and put their own emotions to what they are reading , and really, thats just fail....
dont forget that no matter what , we all have to respect and trust the main guys in this , i do , and realise that they are workin very hard atm to produce a new game for us all.
i am a loyal player , big money donater to australian servers , and i make music for everyone(crappy tunes) , and run a clan (old farts) , and post helpfull stuff , and try to be funny , all at the same time
i feel my work is still not enuf , and always thinking ways to help and assist the community the best i can.
maybe you have been missunderstood.
maybe you havent.
maybe its time to move on?

im a fan of ur maps mate , well done!
maybe donate to the cause , and try to prove your self once more.

also to the guys that do have a problem with him , idk what happened exactly , but what if he had one more chance?

mikee , if u did get that chance , plz mate , its a privelage to be here.

not a right!

:^

Dear MikeeUSA

Your maps are shit and you are worse then hitler.

(04-19-2010, 10:17 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: Ask yourself why you arent wanted here!

That has allready been answered by C.Brutali:

"NO.
MikeeUSA is NOT TOLERATED BY ANY MEANS ON XONOTIC FORUMS.
His long offensive behaviour on the AT forums proved, that he won't change. Also, one of the basics of Xonotic was: more strickt moderation on IRC and on the forum.
I don't care if he's mentally ill: go and see a doctor, take the chill-pill, and learn from the issues of the past. In case he isn't, just grow up, and get out of our business!"

It is not because I'm incapable of making maps, assets, etc. (I've proven that I'm quite adept at such things).
It is because I'm against women's rights, because I'm a mysoginist.
And you don't want mysoginists to make maps, assets, or be involved at all in xonotic.

You want idealogical purity in your new game.

As C.Brutali said:
One of the BASICS of Xonitic was more STRICT CONTROL of the SPEECH and thusly the BELIEFS of the Xonitic members.

Xonitic is about control. Control of the Artstyle. Control of who is in the developer community. Control over who is in the wider xonitic community (irc, forum). Control over what they think and say by removing "toxic elements" from the discussion.

Xonitic is NOT about EXPANDING nexuiz and having MORE FREEDOM than LordHavok would allow in development. It is about REMOVING "substandard" textures (which we use on our maps, and loosing would reduce what style of maps we could create without shipping 1gb of EXTRA textures around the world every time someone downloaded a single map of ours), it is about CONTROLING what types of textures (style) get added back after the removal, it is about having to gain acceptance from ... basically a bunch of pencil pushing judges that mostly posted on the old AT forum thousands of times (C.Brutali, Dojukistan) and thus have become "senior" members of the Xonitic community by default... and our masters.

I was told:
*You will be part of the dev community.
*Fork will be an expantion of nexuiz just without the constraints LordHavoc has been placing. Nexuiz-fork will be free to expand beyond the bounds of just a First Person Shooter.
*Some of my maps would be used, and spruced up.

But when the fork happened:
*"MikeeUSA need not apply (to either the dev community OR the wider community)"
* We are removing things, changing the art direction, forcing the art direction, that is all. We are simply a DIFFRENT first person shooter than Nexuiz: for the glory and resume's of whoever's making the "art direction" etc decisions.
*Get the fuck out we don't want you.
"maybe its time to move on?"
"maybe donate to the cause , and try to prove your self once more."

I have proved myself. I have made more maps than any of you. I have made better maps than most of you.
Diffrent people like diffrent ones (and hate others).
They are of virtually every style, type, and genere.
What I have not done is EVER aquiece to the demands that I either drop my pro-men's-liberties anti-women's rights beliefs or "get the fuck out". That has nothing to do with making maps or content.

You, with your new revolution, have seen a chance to keep me out. The Nexuiz top-developers didn't care about me: they were apethetic: if he makes things for Nexuiz what is the problem? Xonotic, oh well xonotic is CHANGING things there! Turning over a new leaf. Xonotic is run by the "community" (of fools who hate me!) not lofty uncaring developers! It's a proletariat community effort (who's first act is to exclude those they don't like).

Give money to those that hate me? Attempt to bribe them? Do you think I am a fool?
Europe gave land to the person I am worse than. Europe was seen as weak crumbled in the ensuing war.
Bribe them. Lol. Bribe those who hate me. Donate to those who exclude me.

[Image: Lollercoaster.gif]

ummm wut?
you dont like women rights?

wtf , you were born by one went ya?

mate , you need life skills....
and umm you sayin that you have made maps better than others....
no , all maps are good by everyone.
how dare u say some thing like that , people do thier best for this game , but you just shelved them into the crap file.
f,,k you , f,,k your juvenile mind.
time for a make over nerd.

for shame!

boooo!

:^

Please stop with your propaganda Mikeeusa. Create your own utopia if you have a problem with the way this project is being organized. You're trying to create negative energy in a positive environment and I'm not so certain you even care for production as much as you do drama.

There is a difference between setting standards and limiting freedom. We're looking to create a better game, community and environment based on what we've learned from Nexuiz.

When you post threads like this and brag about how many groups hate you, it's clear you're not really here to help the project. You cannot have your cake and eat it too, so put your big boy pants on and make a decision about what type of person you're going to be in this community... though if history repeats itself like it has been doing for the past few years with you... I think we can determine the reason a few specific members of this community have been identified as being hostile towards you.

Like I said. Get out of here.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question about maps frostwyrm333 5 5,071 01-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Is it just me.. or has Netradiant gone? Spyroviper 8 7,258 12-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  um nexuiz question jacob 14 13,664 10-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Liquid Sin
  question, i created a model weapon in blender jacob 2 4,438 10-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Last Post: jacob
  A somewhat silly question top_cat 2 3,826 09-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Last Post: top_cat
  GPLv2 requires that I place a copyright notice and one more question tux9656 6 5,676 07-22-2010, 06:16 AM
Last Post: divVerent