Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About the mikeeUSA thread

I didn't get to respond to mikeeUSA's thread (the one on the link below) before it got locked, so I'm creating a topic. Simply put while I may not have liked mikee's views or his trolling in-game (or in all honesty, him as a person), I personally think that he should be given an equal opportunity to post on here just like the rest of us without having to worry about his topics getting locked or removed (unless they are seriously offensive or against forum rules). I think anybody interested in Xonotic should be able to be on this forum regardless of their background or views (no matter how screwed up) and be treated as an equal as long as they are not trolling, being offensive, or trying to force their views on everybody, and I think that just like on the old forum most of us migrated from that freedom of speech should be valued. I read into the thread and saw him giving his opinion of what Xonotic could be, not some over the top trolling (that I admittably have already engaged in on this forum) or him forcing views or generally being an asshole, but giving his opinion of what he thinks would be good for Xonotic.

Here's mikeeUSA's locked thread
http://forums.xonotic.org//showthread.php?tid=305
I skimmed every post on it and see no reason why it should be locked.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

+1

I have never spoken to the guy, but would very much like to map with him with one of his levels in the near future.
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

this lock actually seems to justify the things mikeeUSA was talking about.
this was just what he meant with hostility, so please, mods+admins, take a look at this, and think about what happened there. Veeeery throughouly.

You have a party. A dude shows up, who's a total ass. Sure he brings some beer along, but it tastes horribly. He doesn't do anything but piss everyone off. He does not bring girls along, cause he hates them. Then he hijacks every discussion about why he hates girls and that he wants to marry 14 year olds. I would sooo throw him out and make sure to never let him in on my party again Big Grin It's a privilege to be on my party, not a human right. I find the decision to ban him from the forums, IRC channels and servers totally appropriate.
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

(04-19-2010, 03:53 AM)lda17h Wrote: You have a party. A dude shows up, who's a total ass. Sure he brings some beer along, but it tastes horribly. He doesn't do anything but piss everyone off. He does not bring girls along, cause he hates them. Then he hijacks every discussion about why he hates girls and that he wants to marry 14 year olds. I would sooo throw him out and make sure to never let him in on my party again Big Grin It's a privilege to be on my party, not a human right. I find the decision to ban him from the forums, IRC channels and servers totally appropriate.

He may have a nasty history and like I said I already don't like him as a person, but I read his entire thread as well as a comment he made on the weapon models thread in the development board and don't see anything that justifies locking his threads. He may have his (radically screwed up) views and a bad reputation (just run a google search on him and you'll see), but fact is he's never done anything on THIS forum to earn getting locked. If he starts trolling or going out of his way to piss somebody off I can understand locking/banning him, but unless he does that there shouldn't be any actions taken against him.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Well, it's just history repeating. Can't you see he's a major troll? He _will_ start his rants again. Hi will start pissing into everyone's shoes again. If you want to give him another chance, well, open up a forum and invite him to your party.. Don't be amazed if he doesn't bring any girls with him though..

There's a simple way for him to contribute to discussions on _this_ forum without being banned:

1] Choose another nick
2] Stop the rants

If he just discussed the game without his paranoia ("boohoo, everyone hates me" - yes, there's a good reason for that) and anti-women crap he would not get banned again. The forum is open to his contributions as long as it's game contributions. He just has to STFU about the non game related stuff..
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

em, spam topic?

He has been insulting individuals and the community. Of course, he's not welcome by everyone!

He will keep posting. Leave him registered, let him post. Delete or censor questionable content, but don't lock. Give him a dedicated thread in Off-Topic.
4m038105 - Be the change.

i agree with 4m,If it continues and offends others , ban him on forum

NO.
MikeeUSA is NOT TOLERATED BY ANY MEANS ON XONOTIC FORUMS.
His long offensive behaviour on the AT forums proved, that he won't change. Also, one of the basics of Xonotic was: more strickt moderation on IRC and on the forum.
I don't care if he's mentally ill: go and see a doctor, take the chill-pill, and learn from the issues of the past. In case he isn't, just grow up, and get out of our business!
I've closed the thread in the morning, and now I'll close this one too. I've had enough of the drama queen long time ago on AT forums.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The big XPM / competitive gaming thread asyyy 62 58,135 01-25-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: MichaHil
  Xonotic World Cup Series Major #1 Demo thread Islinn 0 3,206 01-24-2017, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Islinn
Photo Xonotic development thread. Droid 9 8,960 09-05-2011, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Poetry/songs thread the grue 3 5,577 05-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Liquid Sin
  The CTF Pickup Demo Thread kojn^ 20 24,531 02-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  The Duel Pickup Demo Thread tZork 1 4,601 02-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  1on1 video thread. PGP_Qz 13 18,618 01-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Debugger
  balance thread #247 Rage_ATWM 8 10,314 12-27-2010, 08:24 AM