Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please don't base the game on a lie

Geometry and complex numbers are lie:

[Image: egg2.png]

Lets consider a nail with a hole in it (1). Since complex numbers are unambiguously defined by two real numbers and so are points in a plane, consider lets an intersection of a complex plane with the nail (2). It's obvious that for every part of the space inside the nail there exists λ = Vair / Vnail, where Vnail is the volume of the nail in that part of the space and Vair is the volume of the air in that part of the space. But now consider (3), where the part of the space (green) is clearly inside the nail, but Vnail = 0, so as x/0 = ∞ there must be infinite air but this can't be. Q.E.D.

omfg, scientific breakthrough!

(06-14-2012, 09:58 AM)lamefun Wrote: Geometry and complex numbers are lie:
No they're not. A complex number isn't related to euclidean geometry anyway as euclid used real numbers only for real space.
(06-14-2012, 09:58 AM)lamefun Wrote: Lets consider a nail with a hole in it
Any reason?
(06-14-2012, 09:58 AM)lamefun Wrote: Since complex numbers are unambiguously defined by two real numbers
No. A complex number has a real part and an imaginary part. A number unambiguously defined by two real numbers would also be a real number!
(06-14-2012, 09:58 AM)lamefun Wrote: consider lets an intersection of a complex plane with the nail (2)
But we don't have a complex plane here. We're working in euclidean geometry with real numbers, no complex numbers.

What is your point here? Unless you're able to give some reasoned explanation of why this might be relevant, everyone is just going to assume you are trolling on this one.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

What does it have to do with developing this game?

The green volume is not clearly inside the nail, it's clearly OUTSIDE the nail. Checkmate.

EDIT: also, defining λ_water as V_nail / V_water, you infer that there is water everywhere. You just drowned. Dead people don't make invalid arguments, therefore you lose.

And just how is a ratio of V_nail to V_air a wavelength (lambda symbol)?
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

There are only so many greek and latin letters. You can't have a unique symbol for everything.

Yet there are 8-bit codepoints in Unicode, which means that NES is probably the first Unicode-compatible machine ever?
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Wow heh, DW_ put me in his signature! It's an honor, sir.

Minkovsky, your metric uses eta, which is also used sometimes for viscosity. You should know better.

While i thorough enjoyed the massacre of the OP's theory, i would also like to offer my assurances to the OP that he can rest easy. There are no plans what so ever of implementing priced nails in Xonotic.

(06-14-2012, 05:42 PM)tZork Wrote: While i thorough enjoyed the massacre of the OP's theory, i would also like to offer my assurances to the OP that he can rest easy. There are no plans what so ever of implementing priced nails in Xonotic.

You just saved us from dozens of "I think the hole in the nails should be 10% larger according to these XonStat graphs" comments.

(06-14-2012, 04:31 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Minkovsky, your metric uses eta, which is also used sometimes for viscosity. You should know better.

Ah, but no: You see, this fellow you're referring to has a W in his name, which denotes my slightly insane clone who was sent back in time. I have no idea what he is/was up to.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSA: Don't buy liquid cooling that has pipes to the side Lyberta 5 3,996 07-14-2020, 01:06 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Got a server. Don't know what to do with it. JayWalker 2 3,527 08-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Last Post: JayWalker
  Quake irc how to (i don't know!) .Danny. 6 8,704 07-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Last Post: theShadow
  I don't like this forum tChr 25 24,454 09-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  The Don't Be a Dick License ImpulseNine 1 3,568 04-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Last Post: divVerent