Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pdf online syncing?

Question 
i read pdfs on computers in various locations and it's very annoying having to remember where i left off. anybody know of online reader that saves my last spot?

best one so far is ibisreader, but sadly it's for epub only.

What about using Samatra PDF portable?
http://portableapps.com/apps/office/suma...f_portable
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

(06-17-2012, 02:52 AM)edh Wrote: What about using Samatra PDF portable?
http://portableapps.com/apps/office/suma...f_portable

Looks good, but seems like it's for Windows only :/ (don't feel like using Wine)

Okular saves. You only need to sync the settings directory between machines (it's somewhere in ~/.kde or ~/.kde4).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(06-18-2012, 12:16 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Okular saves. You only need to sync the settings directory between machines (it's somewhere in ~/.kde or ~/.kde4).
Don't really feel like carrying that folder around with me... I might as well just write down the page number XD

Oh and Okular on Windows is just a behemoth...

What are you looking for exactly? A few posts above you didn't want something that runs on windoze, now you're not interested in something for Linux - wtf?

About carrying around - just move the config dir on dropbox or something and symlink it to the correct location on all machines and it's done.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

It's kind of obvious: Loafers wants to read his/her pdfs online on multiple machines with synchronized bookmarking. Some of these machines run Windows, and some of them Linux.

Syncing configs might be problematic due to line ending standards differing between Linux and Windows. I think that's one of the reasons why an online service might be a more suitable solution.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  online contact forms The mysterious Mr. 4m 3 4,471 11-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m