Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stormkeep suggestions

Well, the best map in Xonotic by look, balance and feel in my opinion is Stormkeep(proof).

Anyway there is only 1 thing I think could be improved but I also made this topic to see what others think about Stormkeep and what can be improved on it. So please tell your opinion on Stormkeep! :-)

Now to what I want to be fixed(and archer also ;-) ):

There is two gaps at the lava near the mega armor, these two can be quite annoying and can ruin some really fun duels. Don't remember who said it but here is the quote: "then don't fall into them if you don't like them". Well if it's so simply this means these to gaps is not a skill factor and there for why not remove them?

If you don't get which gaps I mean, there is pics:
http://ompldr.org/vZWV6MA/xonotic20120620213226-00.jpg
http://ompldr.org/vZWV6MQ/xonotic20120620213248-00.jpg

back in the good old time there were no ramps.

anyway stormkeep is not a good map
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Well, can you develop that?

What is bad? How can it be improved?

wow ... um ... stormkeep IS a good map ... but fixing it should be at the bottom of the priority list right now ... also remember that any changes you make the the normal mode will also effect ... or break ... the race mode of the map

If I were to make changes I would

1 -- add a hlac
2 -- make it so you can go on top (through the sky light)

but these suggestions would probably break the map even more

How can filling those gaps break the race mode?

(06-20-2012, 06:02 PM)K__ Wrote: How can filling those gaps break the race mode?

brushes can be set for certain game types only.

(06-20-2012, 05:06 PM)K__ Wrote: Well, can you develop that?
everyone can make such maps
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Dude, Cortez, what´s your problem with Stormkeep?! It´s really not a bad map, I would say it´s one of the best maps in Xonotic. There were so much awesome duels on Stormkeep, which other maps didn´t have. Plus the visuals are great and don´t ruin the performance too much.

Anyway, the gaps K__ mentioned don´t seem to be an issue to me. I never fell in there nor did I see another person doing so. Except bots (ai players, not the clan memebers Tongue ), which seem to really like this place. Big Grin Also if you jump into it (whether accidentally or not) it´s easy to get out of it, so it´s not a big deal. Another point is that you should watch out and keep an eye on where you´re walking on. Wink

Well if bots fall into it its really an issue, new players seem to play lots of single player and this might ruin their single player experience on Stormkeep.

Bots in general are extremely buggy but anyway this should be fixed... which is quite easy actually: Just place some donotenter brushes where the lava is.

(06-26-2012, 07:00 AM)Maddin Wrote: Dude, Cortez, what´s your problem with Stormkeep?!
Dude, Maddin, what's your problem with Cortez?! Tongue

i mean, he can be costructive and prodcutive, but, of course, he sometimes acts "cortezish", so to speak. This is a perfect example of acting "cortezish". We all know it and we all (some of us at least) love it.

Smile
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Got no experience in mapping, what is brushes?(sry for being dumb)

(06-26-2012, 07:21 AM)K__ Wrote: Got no experience in mapping, what is brushes?(sry for being dumb)

like lego bricks http://www.radikale-innovation.com/wp-co...steine.jpg

but they are freely modifiable

Aa so maps are made by modifyable blocks?

yes

Cool, hope hutty will make those tutorials he talked about, got some really cool map ideas and tons of map sketches :-)

(06-26-2012, 07:45 AM)K__ Wrote: Cool, hope hutty will make those tutorials he talked about, got some really cool map ideas and tons of map sketches :-)

no need to wait. Mapping is basically the same as in quake 3, so you can start with any quake 3 mapping tutorial.
It only differs at some advanced points, for example when it comes to fog

old nexuiz tutorials will work too (in my tutorial thread there is a link to some of them)

Okey, cool. I gonna make a Xonotic mod, the maps are very importent in this mods gameplay so it's good if I can get started :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shocked Desert Factory Port to Xonotic Suggestions MathCubes 13 8,587 07-28-2018, 03:45 AM
Last Post: sev
  Duel Map Suggestions nvz 21 20,425 04-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Matuka
  [DM/TDM] Stormkeep with warpzones FruitieX 31 29,744 11-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Last Post: pcfreak1997
  minideck_v4r2 preview / call for suggestions lda17h 10 9,582 12-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Sepelio