Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long has that been there

.png   PATCHPROP.png (Size: 35.37 KB / Downloads: 229)

I was trolling along in radiant working on my contest map ... my hand bumped the wrong keys ... I got this thing

I get it by pressing shft+s

after some investigation it is the long lost all-in-one patch texturing answer that I did not know about ...

anyone else know about this?

Since like... a few years now? Tongue
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

It´s been there for a long time... though I don´t use the GUI. Arrow keys, shift and page up/down are doing the same in less time. Wink

shift+arrow: moving texture
shift+page up/down: rotate texture

[Image: 4wNomGRtr9eLyFlSQUGHAh]

[Image: plasma-desktopJv2049.png]

apprently when you have a light selected and you push [k] ... you get a color selector ...

:3

LOL Big Grin You really didn´t know that colour picker?

Mappers know about those things. I thought that you were a mapper??

I knew about colouring lights but I always did that by editing the value in the entity window. I did not know this window existed. I however, am of course not a mapper Wink Cool though, that buried under hotkeys there is indeed a full fledged user interface Tongue
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

(11-14-2012, 02:04 PM)PinkRobot Wrote: I however, am of course not a mapper Wink

I like elephants and I beg to differ.

There is also such thing as "beggining mapper", and that can last forever, if you are willing to learn...

hutty, thank you for showing those features. I spent an hour painting lights in all colours of therainbow. It is much faster using the "k way" then the "n way"
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

[Image: 3hns0l5G9DeqMCeJ3bZMRO]

I am a mapper ... however ... I don't know everything ...

I spend most of my mapping time messing with the engine's extremes than actually making serious maps ...

(11-15-2012, 10:08 PM)hutty Wrote: I spend most of my mapping time messing with the engine's extremes than actually making serious maps ...

Eh, just like mikeeusa.

[Image: 1Z6n6cRi29M2GGafLxwmEh]

well ... I guess extremes might not be the right word .... I hate working on big maps ... (seeing as I usually test compile very frequently ...)

I more or less try to use entities and stuff that one doesn't normally see used ...
(and because of this I am constantly running into long forgotten bugs in the system ... like the ice thing ... )

so ... i guess i'm kinda ... diet mikee ... or something on that line

The ice thing is not a bug, it's a feature that you expected but does not exist.

(11-16-2012, 03:23 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: The ice thing is not a bug, it's a feature that you expected but does not exist.

It 1/2 exists now, just like the winter 1/2 exists now.
By the time the winter come, maybe ice be fully supported.

Alot of us hack quake c as there are good tutorials, maybe we should start to try learn how to hack the engine too? Are there tutorials that explain darkplaces internals and how to mess with the data (meshes)?

(11-16-2012, 04:59 PM)HellYeah Wrote: Are there tutorials that explain darkplaces internals and how to mess with the data (meshes)?

Not that I know, I would not expect such a thing to exist.

(11-16-2012, 05:11 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(11-16-2012, 04:59 PM)HellYeah Wrote: Are there tutorials that explain darkplaces internals and how to mess with the data (meshes)?

Not that I know, I would not expect such a thing to exist.

Are there any darplaces support forums. I know of inside3d but that doesn't allow registration.

You can register pn inside3d by logging in with qn open account and pm admins.

(11-16-2012, 06:31 PM)machine! Wrote: You can register pn inside3d by logging in with qn open account and pm admins.

They never approve the account.

(11-16-2012, 05:52 PM)HellYeah Wrote: Are there any darplaces support forums. I know of inside3d but that doesn't allow registration.

And even then. As far as I know, that forum is about game modding, not engine modding. I don't think there are a lot of DarkPlaces hackers apart from the ones you already know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any changes for the Arc, Electro planned? Aguaumreal 1 1,998 09-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  The first run menu has problems into console Calinou 4 5,571 01-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Calinou