Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
suck this tip

ok , now i know the x word isnt out , but we are using the n word , but ,here is a tip for windows users , under process list , set the n word game to a higher status , i do , and its great for me , helps gain a few fps (mine is genrally around 35+ fps)

hope this helps!

:^

"N word" and "X word" are their names now?

Nevertheless, an occasionally good tip. Results WILL vary, however. When I used it, the framerate went up, but it caused a bad game stutter problem. On some other games/computers it works fine, though causes game crashes and sound distortion on others.
My will be done.

Do need this, i play on a shitty laptop. But i am getting a new computer soon
[Image: 716.png]

I'm also playing on a laptop but its not that shitty :-) My old one was the M15x with a build in gtx8800m and my current one is the M11x with its nvidia 335. The old one could handle Nex'es ultra settings quite ok and the new one can still pump out around 130fps in Nex'es demo1 at low settings. Thats quite ok for a ultra portable 11" netbook Smile
Real signature is still in production!

(04-01-2010, 03:08 AM)esteel Wrote: I'm also playing on a laptop but its not that shitty :-) My old one was the M15x with a build in gtx8800m and my current one is the M11x with its nvidia 335. The old one could handle Nex'es ultra settings quite ok and the new one can still pump out around 130fps in Nex'es demo1 at low settings. Thats quite ok for a ultra portable 11" netbook Smile
Nice , did have any issues with the 8800 overheating? I know someone with that exact same model

I just play on lowest settings, I'm running a 2007(?) Thinkpad SL500 (without the special graphics card)
So performance is shakey, but on lowest, I get 30fps consistently.
Will try setting the priority to -3 or -4 and will then report back.

(04-03-2010, 06:12 PM)Silica Gel: Do Not Eat Wrote: Nice , did have any issues with the 8800 overheating? I know someone with that exact same model

Nope everything was fine... i just had minor nitpicks.. like a really really small part of the case on the backside cracked off, 5mm² maybe.. and that the m15x was really heavy and big. Thats were the m11x really shines Smile
Real signature is still in production!

Hi! Smile

Oh... please! More FPS for this very good and very beatiful FPS! Please!
It would be so coool, you know... Smile

Under Windows assigning Nexuiz/darkplaces to only one core (of 4) led to a much smoother gaming experience, the FPS stayed the same, but it felt like they tripled Wink.

This is probably because the Game is Single-threaded, but the Windows process manager switches between the cores, i guess similar to microlags with multigpu-systems.

Quote:Under Windows assigning Nexuiz/darkplaces to only one core (of 4) led to a much smoother gaming experience, the FPS stayed the same, but it felt like they tripled

Has anyone done this using taskset in Linux?
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?