Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TopOfTheWorld

meh? ... its kind of difficult to play with lighting on outdoor maps ...

I don't choose to play without bloom ...
I cant' ...

half the time I get strange overlay artifacts that make it useless ...
and when it does work my framerate drops ...

... there is always a brightness slider ... i guess that kills both of our arguments ....

(08-23-2012, 05:01 PM)hutty Wrote: meh? ... its kind of difficult to play with lighting on outdoor maps ...

I don't choose to play without bloom ...
I cant' ...

half the time I get strange overlay artifacts that make it useless ...
and when it does work my framerate drops ...
Oh.... poor hutty!Sad
(08-23-2012, 05:01 PM)hutty Wrote: ... there is always a brightness slider ... i guess that kills both of our arguments ....
I guess not, because it works only in one direction. Imagine that map is allready too bright on the lower brightness settings? O_o
Wink

well ... a mapper CAN make the map too bright ... however ... if It looks good without bloom ... and bloom messes it up (like in sandstorm) ... then I dont think its the mappers fault ...

Let me quote a famous mapper from germany: "Map should look good, whatever graphic settings you adjust.It's up to level designer to prepare his map for every possible situation"
Or mabye he was from China? Doesn't matter.
BTW: Great job with your snowy map! (hope there is not too much white in it? Wink)

(08-24-2012, 12:12 PM)hutty Wrote: well ... a mapper CAN make the map too bright ... however ... if It looks good without bloom ... and bloom messes it up (like in sandstorm) ... then I dont think its the mappers fault ...

Sure it is. Bloom is a default for high graphics settings.

Developers: Make Bloom switched off as a default!

You dont think that this may just slightly be the wrong thread fro that request Justin? Wink Anyways it IS off by default as normal effects preset is default and does NOT have it on. Enough talk abt bloom here tough, unless directly related to the map.

Actually wait to alter the map if you're going to worry over bloom.

MirceaKitsune has a fix for bloom over-brightness waiting for merging into master
http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/1212

If this gets merged it might be OK as is.

edit:
Oh wait you already know that it's assigned to you
doh

maps/topoftheworld_v4.bsp: could not load texture "textures/map_topoftheworld/pure_ice"
CSQC Build information: xonotic-v0.6.0-641-g6e632e5
models/turrets/terrainbase.md3: could not load texture "evil8_base/e8_base1"

I'm on Linux. Could this be filename-cAse related?