Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TopOfTheWorld

Is it possible to make that vehicles have it's own FOV variable? I'm playing with 115 but in the vehicles that's just plain annoying.

@ machine ... idk ... ask the devs (not me ive only dev'ed for like 2 hours)

@ tzork -- runs at about the same framerate as every other map that doesn't abuse particles - mirrors - or rlights ... no issues to report

(07-07-2012, 08:19 AM)machine! Wrote: Is it possible to make that vehicles have it's own FOV variable? I'm playing with 115 but in the vehicles that's just plain annoying.

THIS. I play with an FOV of 114, but find that the vehicle cockpits are best viewed at 90-100.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(07-07-2012, 08:19 AM)machine! Wrote: Is it possible to make that vehicles have it's own FOV variable? I'm playing with 115 but in the vehicles that's just plain annoying.
Maybe, but it could be tricky to do it right - add a tracker ticket for it if you think its important and ill look into it some day. For now 'bind x "toggle fov 123 456"' is your nest bet (replace x with your key, 123 and 456 with your desired fov's)

(07-09-2012, 03:50 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote: I don't get the crystals... I'm using the latest Windows 64bit autobuild.
Use the link in the first post, not the map compile server one.

(07-07-2012, 08:16 AM)qubodup Wrote: It's quite dark in here.
bases are very unfinished, yeh they need more light.

Quote:Are the floating towers intended?
Mistake in packing the pk3 (missing model)

Quote:Texture normals inverted?
Terrain mismatch with the brushwork, fixed in next release.

Quote:These "canons" can be used as cover
Same goes for the bridges.
Not sure what you mean by that.

Hi Tzork,

Just some quick observations on the new version (some have already been mentioned I know!):
  • The lighting within the bases is poor;
  • The terrain on the raised rock structure is still a bit too blurry (and too bright when bloom is enabled);
  • The turrets at the front of the bases just seem to float on air;
  • The teleporters inside the bases don't work.

In my previous post I mentioned that I couldn't see the crystals. This is not true. Is what I meant to say was that the towers that the turrets are supposed to be situated on are not present. Smile

#1 & 2, changed
#3 oversight on my part, when making the pk3. (forgot to include the pillar model they rest on)
#4 is false, they however just work for your team. Proly need a better indicator for that.

Quote:they however just work for your team.

Oh so that's why! Big Grin

HiSmile
It's very pitty that there are no jetpacks anymore Sad
I would like to ask if it would be possible to add some jetpacks with limited fuel to the map!
It would be cool too if a heavy machinegun would be available Wink

Recharging jetpacks on terrain maps like these would bring in some awesome Tribes-like gameplay (Xonotic already has Tribes-2 style skiing so why not add jetpacks for large outdoor maps?). Would definitely be cool to see happen as I think Xonotic can support that kind of gameplay just as good as Tribes while still differentiating itself from it. One major difference we would see is the lack of player classes and loadouts which I think would be better from a gameplay perspective.

Oh wait.

Bump for update, see first post.

colors Big Grin

Good work tZork! Tried it this night and it was awesome. Big Grin

Glöm inte att checka in på nationscup så vi har ett fullt lag! Tongue

Quote:v3 is Possibly the last version as the gameplay on this map just don't seem to work.

Are you f... kidding me? Such an awesome map and you intend to drop finishing it? :-(
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

I'm telling you man, rechargeable jetpacks + terrain maps like this + a little bit more polish on the vehicles = a game that supports Quake, Unreal Tournament, and Tribes style gameplay seamlessly and gives each of those respective games a run for it's money.

(07-17-2012, 11:26 PM)Cyber Killer Wrote:
Quote:v3 is Possibly the last version as the gameplay on this map just don't seem to work.

Are you f... kidding me? Such an awesome map and you intend to drop finishing it? :-(

Agreed with Cyber Killer. I think any and all issues with the map will correct itself when the vehicles get a bit more refined.

Oh wait.

(07-17-2012, 11:26 PM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Are you f... kidding me? Such an awesome map and you intend to drop finishing it? :-(

Glad you like it, its not impossible ill take it up again later (or that someone else does, its all in the git repos). Atm i feel like im getting nowhere with it tough, and i have very little time for Xonotic right now, so i rather spend it on sth that i feel is going somewhere.

Open up the zip file, order the pictures by name (descending) and start from the top:

1. There should be more of a gap between the Speeders, looks too cramped imo.

2. Archways look a little too round for me, somehow they don't quite suit the style of the bases.

3. Excellent terrain!

4. Blurry and over-bloomed terrain.

5. Another screenshot showing just how bright the map looks by default.

6. I really like the towers.

7. I like the way these rocks look like hands. Was that intentional?

8. The rocks piled up on top of each other look fantastic!

9. TOO MUCH BLOOM!

10. TOO MUCH BLUR!

Overall, it's a very good map. The helis and the spider bots are far too slow for this map and it could be scaled down a little bit, but I like the gameplay enough to recommend that you finish it.

Attached Files
.zip   Top of the World feedback 1.zip (Size: 6.16 MB / Downloads: 4)

[Image: r3xs5.jpg]
I also think that at least this stone surface is very bright.
[Image: 3bQBV.jpg]
The bottom-texture-less-nes of this construction is creepy. Smile

Yo, I've just played the new v4 and I LOVE THE NEW VEHICLE!

The brightness/bloom still needs to be adjusted and the vehicles are way too slow/the map could be scaled down. See my earlier post for some feedback. Smile

@qubodup what xonotic version are you using?

The same where he\she found that avatar I think.

It's a very nice map, but I don't like how it uses jump pad models for teleporters, this is inconsistent and confusing.

Also maybe it should be renamed "bloom_of_the_world" because it's so bright Tongue

edit:

Here is how it looks on default xonotic settings
It makes it very difficult to orient yourself while strafejumping because the ground is all white

but if you darken it down ... those of us without bloom will have dark depressing ickyness D:

(08-22-2012, 08:36 PM)hutty Wrote: but if you darken it down ... those of us without bloom will have dark depressing ickyness D:

Not necessarily, they could put grass on on top as well...

meh ... they could ....

this issue is whenever a mapper (like me) makes anything thats 80% white ... people with bloom go .......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh too much BLOOM >.<

devs! ... fix this ...

Can't you play a bit with lightning for your maps, hutty? Make them darker or just switch off bloom?

I' m not sure how it is on such huge maps like TopofTheWorld, but there has to be a way to fix it. How actually Bloom works?

I think mappers should create rather dark maps then bright, so players can enhence brightness as they like not being forced to play on too bright map.