Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[SUGGESTION] New "loading" image

I noticed that the loading logo is still the Nexuiz one.

The "loading.tga" is located in "./data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/gfx"
I know this may not be considered a priority by some people(it can be done later)...
I think it would be nice if it was only the phoenix and the ring displayed, with "loading" written under (and not the full logo).
I'm not a really a good artist, but I did a fast mockup of what I have in mind...
I used gimp to do it, sorry if it's a bit blurry... I got no inkscape knowledge at all...

Thanks to the devs!
PM me if you need something... I'll be happy to help for any translation work needed...

a bit small!
please do it in 1600x1200 and FullHD again
but quite nice!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

As I said, I don't have a big knowledge of gimp, and no knowledge at all of inkscape, but I'll try to do it when I'll get a bit more time...
And for the moment, the logo is still under renovations...
Thanks to the devs!
PM me if you need something... I'll be happy to help for any translation work needed...

Good direction, but the font will need to be reconciled with the logo. I find inkscape to be easier than gimp, by the way. Just dive in.

Ok it was not that long since I had the phoenix in gigantic size... anyway...
Here it is.
Did it in 1600x1200
But remember that it's a mockup...
The letters are not like the "real" Xonotic one...

Edit: Thanks to both of you for comments
@Roanoke: I'll give it a try when I'll have more time Wink
Thanks to the devs!

what is the real font?
can you send a link to the ttf please?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(04-21-2010, 06:12 PM)Taximus Wrote: @Roanoke: I'll give it a try when I'll have more time Wink

You should coordinate it with dokujisan and [-z-], they did the most work on the font so far.

There's no "real" font...
I was told it's based on bankgothic, which is used in this mockup...
The idea was to make a mockup, see what people think of it, and then to coordinate, since it's only about hiding the Xonotic text in Inkscape, and then adding "Loading", with Xonotic "font modifications"....
I'll see what it's possible to do on IRC with them...
Thanks to the devs!

I like the artwork. It should also work fine as a wallpaper Big Grin
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

If you want a wallpaper it's easy to do...
But I'll wait for the final version of the logo before doing anything...
Thanks to the devs!

perhaps the letters change colors as loading percentage increases. letter change from hollow blue to filled red?

Maybe...
As I say this is only a mock-up I don't intend to do the final image since my talents in graphics are near 0...
Anyway...
Thanks to the devs!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] New toys not new any more? BuddyFriendGuy 11 9,153 05-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Loading only one player model when forcing cccxd 1 2,780 08-28-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Mirio