Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello shooters

After playing the game for a month I figured it was time to introduce myself on the forums. As a huge fan of arena FPS (mostly UT) I'm so glad I found Xonotic. While all games can improve upon things this is truly the first arena style FPS I've enjoyed in close to a decade. Major kudos to all involved directly and the fans who have been supporting it. I hope to integrate myself into the community and actively support the growth of the game. While military shooters can be entertaining I feel the FPS genre has a huge void when it comes to true 1v1 shooters. Here is to the future!

ps: As a North American based player I'm having trouble finding active servers with less than 150 ping. I understand the community is small, and that is okay, but I was wondering if anyone had some tips on when/where to find players and servers in my region. Cheers

~Z

Welcome! Big Grin

Hello!

I hope you stay with us and enjoy this game.
And don't forget: "be always friendly and say 'hello' when you join a server" Angel
The mind is like a parachute, it only works, if it is open!

Quote:While military shooters can be entertaining I feel the FPS genre has a huge void when it comes to true 1v1 shooters. Here is to the future!

Totally agree with that! The games industry has gone down hill over the past few years with overly simplified/repetitive games like CoD being released all the time. Same thing has happened in the music industry too. Big Grin

Anyway, have fun in Xonotic! You might want to PM a North American player like Hutty. He'll be able to tell you where the servers are.

If not, join the Xonotic channels on Quakenet and ask around. Go on Quakenet and use the '#xonotic' channel for general chat or use the '#xonotic.pickup' channel to enter a queue for games.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello, hello. (Hello) AlDeezy 5 4,264 06-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Last Post: .Danny.
  Arena shooters!!! NDeR 14 13,328 02-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Justin
  Hello hello!. (hola :D) bdvd 5 5,758 08-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Last Post: tux9656