Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey

Hi. I have no idea who you all are, and you don't know who I am. Nice to meet you.

I screw around a lot on Reddit. I'm an ex-Continuum/Subspace player of about 16 years, and I dabbled in the pro scene in WoW arenas for a while too. I like CTF games, too, but the fast paced gameplay of Continuum really stuck with me over the years. That, combined with the small well knit community kept me with the game, it kept me playing for years and years.

Anyway, I watched a youtube vid of this game, and it seems pretty fun. I still don't know much about it, but yeah. I dunno.

I guess I'll look around, see what's up. Anyway, hit me up if you have anything I should know about. I'm a pretty friendly guy.

Hi! If you're into that sort of thing, we have two IRC channels, both called #xonotic, on irc.quakenet.org and on irc.freenode.net (for dev-related chat). We also have #xonotic.pickup on Quakenet to gather players for pickup matches if you're looking for players or for gameplay a little more serious than you'll get on public servers.

You can read stuff about Xonotic's development in C.Brutail's WoX BloX series of posts on the blog. We also have guides if you feel like reading! Basics guide by Halogene and CTF guide by fisume.

Don't hesitate to ask people ingame if you want some help mastering the movement and such, we have some very friendly people who will be happy to teach you some tricks.

(07-03-2012, 03:41 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Hi! If you're into that sort of thing, we have two IRC channels, both called #xonotic, on irc.quakenet.org and on irc.freenode.net (for dev-related chat). We also have #xonotic.pickup on Quakenet to gather players for pickup matches if you're looking for players or for gameplay a little more serious than you'll get on public servers.

You can read stuff about Xonotic's development in C.Brutail's WoX BloX series of posts on the blog. We also have guides if you feel like reading! Basics guide by Halogene and CTF guide by fisume.

Don't hesitate to ask people ingame if you want some help mastering the movement and such, we have some very friendly people who will be happy to teach you some tricks.

Awesome, thanks. brohoof?

I'll probably check out those IRCs in a bit, I'm going to check out that blog.

And what's Quakenet? I never played Quake; actually, I've never really played an FPS at any serious level. Only 1 player campaigns, and the odd Goldeneye stint with friends.

Howdy!

Quakenet is an IRC website. Basically you enter chat rooms and speak to people. It's plain-text only. To join general chat use #xonotic and to enter a queue for games use #xonotic.pickup

Quote:irc.quakenet.org and on irc.freenode.net

Mr B, why do you always link these two websites? They never work for me... Or are they not websites? Big Grin

(07-03-2012, 03:56 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote: Howdy!

Quakenet is an IRC website. Basically you enter chat rooms and speak to people. It's plain-text only. To join general chat use #xonotic and to enter a queue for games use #xonotic.pickup

Quote:irc.quakenet.org and on irc.freenode.net

Mr B, why do you always link these two websites? They never work for me... Or are they not websites? Big Grin

They're IRC domains. Smile You can't really access them with a browser.

(07-03-2012, 03:53 AM)Barnacles Wrote: Awesome, thanks. brohoof?

Haha, sure! We have a topic in Sanity Island (one of the subforums of Whackity Wicktown at the bottom of the forum list), although it's kinda dead because it's summer and all.

Quakenet is an irc server, so is Freenode. irc.quakenet.org and irc.freenode.net are not websites, they are addresses to IRC servers. You need an irc client to join these channels. I'd personally suggest X-Chat (google silverex xchat if you use windows, xchat aqua for mac, or just xchat for linux). mIRC seems like a popular choice for windows users but I really don't understand why. Plus, it's shareware.

I guess you could also use the respective webchats for these two servers:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Hey, I'm a (new dev?) trying to improve anti-cheat Quantum 4 3,182 06-08-2020, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Hey hey :) Azergothil1 4 2,165 04-02-2020, 04:02 AM
Last Post: FAF
  Hey! Gibson 4 2,886 02-20-2020, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Draena
Smile Hey hey! Zoommair 3 2,575 01-19-2019, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
  hey what's up aa 5 3,168 08-21-2018, 02:53 PM
Last Post: aa
Wink Oh Hey, I'm Xator, I'd like to Introduce myself Xator 5 4,535 01-01-2017, 04:46 AM
Last Post: end user
  Hey! qwertyuiop924 6 4,745 04-28-2016, 04:08 AM
Last Post: Maddin
  Hey there guys! Tattorack 4 4,075 01-16-2016, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Hey, I'm LDDestroier! LDDestroier 6 4,240 10-15-2015, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Hey! daninjadude 5 10,653 06-21-2015, 11:41 PM
Last Post: cefiar