Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teaser for Killing X-Zone - Xonotic Community movie

ZeRoQL released a small teaser for his incoming fragmovie titled Killing X-Zone, which will be 20min long and full of frag epicness!

You can download the teaser from one the following links:
Mirror #1: Hetzner Online (Germany)
Mirror #2: Maverickservers (California)

MADDIN

Y U NO USE PROXIES?

Tongue
LoverTaleb

(07-08-2012, 11:40 AM)Maddin Wrote: What´s that? Tongue

[Image: are-you-fucking-kidding-me.jpg]

(07-08-2012, 11:40 AM)Maddin Wrote: What´s that? Tongue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server

Nice movie! I noticed many friends in it!

Yes, i watched it using a proxy server to bypass the GEMA-filter.
But this is not something you can expect from the average user at all.
Most users in Germany will not be able to watch this movie.

So please, re-release the video with a music track that can be viewed and enjoyed worldwide..

(07-08-2012, 01:21 PM)noteven Wrote: So please, re-release the video with a music track that can be viewed and enjoyed worldwide..

I don't think he will re-edit the whole movie cause of this, the movie is edited to fit with the songs and he said he had done 3 songs already if not more. Germans can download it, or probably watch it on another video streaming site.

Oh damn, you may be right.
I had the music down this time, so i didn't notice that^^

I rather thought on the promotional value of the movie.
As said, you CANNOT expect users to go lengths to watch a certain video with unknown value.
The average user is not the nerd maybe you and me are.

At least a version without music could be released and linked to.
(The lame GEMA-filter restricts you from watching the video at all, not only stripping the music as would be appropriate.)

I don't think a teaser video for a third-party made frag movie will be used as an official video for Xonotic! Tongue

anything that does the deal Wink

Just a note: the yt version doesn't work also for anyone who doesn't have flash installed (yes, there are a few of us) and uses html5 mode - there are no video ads in this mode on yt and the video is just 'unavailable' ;-P.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(07-08-2012, 10:56 PM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Just a note: the yt version doesn't work also for anyone who doesn't have flash installed (yes, there are a few of us) and uses html5 mode - there are no video ads in this mode on yt and the video is just 'unavailable' ;-P.

guess why there is also a download!!!
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Me exitista! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information WoX-BloX Issue #3 – Community news CuBe0wL 7 22,791 01-17-2012, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Vargos
Information WoX-BloX Issue #2 - Community news CuBe0wL 11 12,224 12-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Soelen
  Xonotic community changes its mind... our bad Dokujisan 23 27,290 04-07-2010, 05:38 AM
Last Post: lopho