Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... What do you guys do for a living?

Just curious really... Wondered what you guys do for a living. I'm a student. Smile

Get 60% of the money my parents get from the state to feed me, also working at home for some extra. Working at my grandma sometimes too & I did sale news paper some time ago.

Sometimes get a job on a climbing gym and take care of children (poor children muhahahahah). I m kind of smart and I get scholarship. Im still 18 and don't need so much money.

Several years ago I retired from work.

I work for a small but rapidly growing internet company, mostly keeping websites filled with fresh content.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Not much right now. I work as an SA at a local restaurant mostly cleaning dishes and maintaining the place until I can find a better job.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Bookkeeper with a mohawk woo. Tongue

sysadmin (tech support, server setup, network maintenance) and software testing (functional, security) at a software development company
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

me plumber.

thi

IM NOT F,,KIN MARIO!

:/

:^

Well normally I worked for a medical equipment company supporting cardiology equipment in the field. In my last job I was pan-European so had a bit of travel which was fun. Few people can say they've done more distance for a company than Neil Armstrong did for NASA!

I'm currently on 'gardening leave' from that job as I can't work for a competitor for 6 months, despite effectively being paid for most of the year anyway. So I take a sabbatical and do some travel, do some programming, work on some other projects, do DIY...

So yeah, I get paid right now to sit round waiting for a better job offer to come up. Although normally I'm not so lucky and instead have to drive around in my BMW and jet set about Europe whilst in between flirting with the competition. Not too bad.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

I'm a reed licker for the LA Philharmonic.

I'm a database administrator and programmer for a not-for-profit educational company. Millions of students use my software for college/uni readiness. If you've been through high school in the past three years, you're likely one of them Big Grin.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(07-14-2012, 01:54 PM)Antibody Wrote: I'm a database administrator and programmer for a not-for-profit educational company. Millions of students use my software for college/uni readiness. If you've been through high school in the past three years, you're likely one of them Big Grin.

Sounds like a sweet job! Big Grin

I work as a system engineer for a hosting company in the Netherlands called Net Ground (some shameless promotion is okay as they actually provide us with free servers and bandwidth). Mainly leading the sysadmin team and doing development.
Before posting a reply, please read about the bikeshed.

I'm a physics student (*) at a german university. Right now I'm finishing my diploma thesis, and I get paid by my university for administrating a computing cluster (200 CPU cores) and our workstations. (Which is kinda fun as long as everything works as it should, if you get my meaning...)
After my final exam next month, I will go on vacation for some weeks (yeah!). And thereafter I will again be working at my university, only this time as scientific staff member doing my PhD Smile

* Particle physis, to be more precise. Also, if anyone is interested, I *could* give you many many details. If you want some general info, visit the website of the experiment I'm involved in.
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Sounds cool Zykure.

Neutrino mass is interesting. We know they have mass because they oscillate and hence are subject to time. If something is subject to time, it has mass. I did a mini-project about the Chooz experiment in France so know a little about neutrino physics. Good to see you'll be able to point your finger somewhere near their mass!
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

(07-16-2012, 09:57 AM)edh Wrote: Neutrino mass is interesting. We know they have mass because they oscillate and hence are subject to time. If something is subject to time, it has mass. I did a mini-project about the Chooz experiment in France so know a little about neutrino physics. Good to see you'll be able to point your finger somewhere near their mass!

Wow really? Didn't expect any other neutrino physicists here Smile The latest result on the third neutrino mixing angle from Chooz (and of course Daya Bay and RENO) was very much discussed in my working group. Now that we know the three mixing angles and the squared mass differences, all that's missing is the absolute neutrino mass! Big Grin

rocknroll237, what are you studying exactly?
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

I'm going to start college in September (doing A levels because I'm in the UK Tongue). I'm going to study Maths, Physics, Music tech and ICT.

I'm studying Automation and Systems Technology at Aalto University (Finland). So yea, basically hardcore engineering. I'll start my third year this autumn, even though I had a half-year break in the army. Several years to go till I'm Master of Science in Technology (aka graduate engineer).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi guys, this is me winning the xonotic pro elite super turbo tournament 2019 ***** SUPER FALLITO ***** 5 4,577 08-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Well you guys held a tournament Antares* 15 11,692 09-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Last Post: kaadmy
  You know you've played too much Xonotic when... [AP]Sniperz 45 42,338 10-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  Hey guys! Look! Steam! Shadowman84 38 34,926 12-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Last Post: edh
  You'll thank me when you read click on this thread...trust me .Danny. 20 26,500 08-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  what would you do if you were in my situation with this laptop jacob 13 11,158 02-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Last Post: tZork
Lightbulb ambient - "a living Thing" The mysterious Mr. 4m 5 5,694 06-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Last Post: kuniu the frogg