Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEEDS INFO] Nexuiz Maps - cannot find them

I've recently gotten a OSX G5 and have been running nexuiz on it. However, I've had to download several maps. When I try to start a server, though, only the default maps show up, and i cannot find these maps anywhere on my computer. I've checked application support but there's no folder there.

Anyone know what I can do about this?

I've been told to try unhiding files (does nothing for folders, afaik), that i should look for a folder called dlcache or something but there's no sign of it anywhere. I'm asking here because i've been told everyone moved on to here.

Hey jenkem its chaz. So I remember you asking this when we were playing and I saw it here and thought I'd help you out a bit. I don't have a mac but I'm sure it doesn't really matter.

1. You do want to look for the 'dlcache' folder, it's in Nexuiz/data/.
2. In it you'll find a list of probably a million pk3 files, those are obviously the maps. Copy em and paste em into Nexuiz/data/
3. Run Nexuiz and it should say "Autogenerating mapinfo for newly added maps" or something.
4. Play!

Questions? Let me know.

(04-22-2010, 12:39 AM)[330]Chaz Wrote: Hey jenkem its chaz. So I remember you asking this when we were playing and I saw it here and thought I'd help you out a bit. I don't have a mac but I'm sure it doesn't really matter.

1. You do want to look for the 'dlcache' folder, it's in Nexuiz/data/.
2. In it you'll find a list of probably a million pk3 files, those are obviously the maps. Copy em and paste em into Nexuiz/data/
3. Run Nexuiz and it should say "Autogenerating mapinfo for newly added maps" or something.
4. Play!

Questions? Let me know.

Data only shows Common-spog.pk3 and data20091001.pk3

I have hidden files on, but i don't know if that shows hidden folders.

Hmm, well search inside your Nexuiz folder for "dlcache" and put the maps from there into your data folder when you find them

And btw, when you reply make sure you delete everything in the box before you start typing your message, otherwise you will keep quoting the previous posts

Well according to me it is your installation problem. I suggest you to reinstalled it. And do all of the settings proper when you reinstalled it. If you want more information about it than you can search on Google you will get a lot of information about it.

Found it. It was in my personel folder.

But they don't show up in my maplist even though i moved them into the maps folder. do i need to restart my comp?

You have to move map pk3s to the data folder, not the maps folder.

I've done this, but I need to know which files I need to keep in my maps folder. I can still play, i'm having trouble downloading new maps though. I'm trying to get new map off doku's server but it won't download.

So you moved them to your maps folder and you want to delete them but don't want to lose the original maps that were in there? If that's the case just delete them all, Nexuiz will put the correct maps back in your map folder when you play it again. You just need to put your downloaded maps from doku's server in the Nexuiz/data/ folder

(04-24-2010, 08:09 PM)Jenkem+Jones Wrote: I've done this, but I need to know which files I need to keep in my maps folder. I can still play, i'm having trouble downloading new maps though. I'm trying to get new map off doku's server but it won't download.

In short, .pk3 files need to be in your /data folder directly for them to be available when you start a game.

Longer version, when you connect to a server and download a new map, it will be downloaded in the /dlcache folder that was mentioned. Files in that folder are not loaded by Nexuiz on startup, it only checks there to see if maps need to be downloaded or not. That is why you can't see them in map list when creating a server, as they are not loaded. This is done that way as security measure.

So you have to move them in /data folder. You do not need a /maps folder for maps packed in pk3's. You just have to put the .pk3 files in /data directly. If you open pk3 file with a zip app, you'll see it has a directory structure inside, so if you were to put a pk3 in data/maps/, the directory structure would then be data/maps/maps/, which is wrong and nexuiz will not find the map.

Good luck.

(04-24-2010, 09:54 PM)[330]Chaz Wrote: So you moved them to your maps folder and you want to delete them but don't want to lose the original maps that were in there?

No - I accidently moved some files that weren't maps from my dlcache. I put them back, but seem to have some trouble downloading new maps from server again. There was a new map Doku put up a couple days ago, OSP5 or something, but i couldn't DL it. I've also had trouble dling other stuff from other servers, but i'm not sure if it's a definite. I'll test it on the Chicago server - there's tons of crazy maps on that.
Nope - Doesn't work. Instead of downloading it says ???.?% and stays like that, forcing me to restart my computer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Cannot follow "Capturing Your Favorite Xonotic Moments" dtomvan 1 1,073 10-09-2022, 03:57 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] Cannot launch xonotic-linux64-dedicated server (v0.8.5) in Ubuntu18.04 ff8eyes 3 1,722 08-13-2022, 02:43 AM
Last Post: FAF
  [SOLVED] Cannot run game anymore after new git update Bloodthorn 2 2,778 07-25-2018, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Bloodthorn
  [SOLVED] cannot compile git code dingus 5 4,957 07-27-2016, 05:13 PM
Last Post: sev
  [SOLVED] How do I make my zoom like back in Nexuiz Beagle 7 5,349 06-26-2015, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SOLVED] Can't find Xonotic for Linux armhf MiFx 7 9,658 01-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Zeo
  [SOLVED] Cannot get cl_simpleitems_postfix to work sev 12 12,547 09-09-2014, 07:31 AM
Last Post: tZork
  [SOLVED] Cannot join Overkill server. CS progs CRC mismatch? unfa 6 7,594 05-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SOLVED] Having a LAN party. Where do I find non default maps? Shadowman84 1 2,997 05-05-2012, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SOLVED] Cannot connect to servers node357 2 3,929 12-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Last Post: node357