Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CTF]Spider

Thank you Halogene for what you said, but the lightning is the major problem I am dealing with right now.

(07-25-2012, 10:47 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Read the compile log, maybe. Or post it here.

How? It disapears after compiling is done, and in the console there are just few lines, not everything. I cought a glimpse of something that might have been:
"WARNING surface at [some values in here] too large for desired samplesize/lightmapsize/ lightmapscalecombination
Increased sample size"

But I am not sure. Once again: How to copy the compiling log?

Justin, Google has tons of results
http://tinyurl.com/ckevnch

Next version of the map. i deleted all light entities and added floodlight but still lightmaps aint compiling, I was trying many things and I just simply can not fix lightning problem without your help, guys. I will finish the map in one or two weeks, but I probably won't be able to fix the lightning problem unless you give me simply solution and lead like a child. Undecided

I put so much work in this map so far and I don't want it to crash like that. I know there are mappers in here who know how exacyly remedy this problem, now I ask for your help, I beg. Please help me.
This version has lights: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/90490112/Spiderex-v9r11.map (71 precisely) It does not work either. Sad

Hope you can fix it, I really want to try this map online! Smile

If you're using Windows, this could help:
http://forums.warchestgames.com/showthre...B-more-RAM

Otherwise, you could try compiling with -lomem.
[Image: 230.png]

kudos everybody! This thread really proves that xonotic can be a real community-based project where constructive feedback really does give positive results. Thanks Justin for listening to the community. Can already see improvements in the screenshots regarding lighting and such. +1!

Mario: You. are. the. god! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

This is a power of internet.
(I was jumping around my room as insane)

I will update new version very soon.

Eagerly awaiting the new version! I think the map has promise! But don't forget about Space_Death. I like the improvements you've made on that one.

Roc'n roll: No problem I do remember about spacedeath ! But currently this map is a priority!

A new map to test.
*awr*

With a "fastest time" to beat. *woohoo* Big Grin
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

I have jumped a little on 1r9 version:
[Image: cWDH1.jpg]

[Image: sVVxJ.jpg]

[Image: lcV1F.jpg]

Morphed done some jump pads for X AFAIK.

you have jumppads inside data/models/xonotic_jumppad01/
use misc_gamemodel in radiant and select one of them

keep the ladder ... xonotic needs more ladders ....

if anyone didn't want to take the ladder ... they could just laser jump ...

also jumppads make noise ... so they are not all good solution for everything ....

also also ... for that short distance ... a jump pad would just be silly ...

Quote:also jumppads make noise

I believe, that Xonotic is not Counterstrike :p

Quote:or that short distance ... a jump pad would just be silly ...

UT has tons of small jump pads and elevators. Game plays like a charm.

Ladders suck in Xonotic in the way you need to "Climb" them, also - they slow down gameplay.

ok. I had a dream about a perfect jumppad model. I decided to create it by myself (however if there is no time I will use current default xonotic model) Thanks for your feedback, Majki, thanks Morphed.
Hutty, I am afraid I am going to delete middle room ladders but - hey! Don't worry, I put some ladders in the bases (leading to the ammo laing on the boulders) Wink

Morphed: Can I scale down misc model? I remember the issue of non-scaling game models, was it fixed?
And also: Can I change jumppad sound?

Also:
[Image: newset.jpg]

Sweet idea! Can I just say Justin, that I think the spider logo looks okay, but it could look way cooler. Something like this would be cool:

[Image: 11954387911536811235johnny_automatic_bla...svg.hi.png]

WOW!!! But I was thinking about something rather more simply.... wait! Is it your logo, Rocknroll238?
Here is mine... (crap)Blush
[Image: xonotic20120818134839-00.jpg]

I work fast as you can see:

[Image: wow_spider.jpg] SO SWEET!Angel

Better?

If you could give that spider some depth, that would be cool Smile
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

I searched for that spider logo using creative commons which means it's free to modify, adapt or build upon or use for commercial purposes...

http://pixabay.com/en/photos/?q=spider%20logo

Oh, it's not just CC, it's public domain if it exists in your jurisdiction!

(08-18-2012, 07:34 AM)PinkRobot Wrote: If you could give that spider some depth, that would be cool Smile

Feel free to tell me how to do that Tongue

Maybe even a bumpmap would be enough to make it pop out just a little?
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

I love the new map Justin! Looks great. Some textures need changing and the lighting could be a little bit different is some areas but I like it.

How about having a cave with a spider legs sticking out and red eyes... Eww, that would be creepy.

(08-18-2012, 01:07 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote: I love the new map Justin! Looks great. Some textures need changing and the lighting could be a little bit different is some areas but I like it.

Could you please be more precise? Wink Thanks anyway. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,657 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,149 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,497 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario