Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Google Wave

Does anyone use it? Does anyone want to use it?

I have invites to give away. It could make collaboration on Xonotic projects easier and more efficient.

Chime in regardless of your feelings about Google.
This is my laser, this is my gun,
This is for plinking, this is for FUN!

BrFJ: wtf with the jumpad
BrFJ: rofl
vael: oh, you'll wtf with the... a few more times don't worry

[Image: badge.png]

I was thinking about the same thing some weeks ago. It would be nice if developers would interract through google wave.

I have an account, rarely use it.
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

I have an account for months, never used it because it was unstable.
But thanks for the reminder, it looks to run a bit better now.
I still have 21 invites lol.

I have and account too. I think it should be better if we wait for the official release and some plugins to use with it.

I have an account and some invites. I was recently playing with it a bit and it looks pretty awesome!
There are some nice plugins - for brainstorming, voting, giving feedback, drawing, even gaming...
I was amazed that it all works in realtime over the internet.

Would be nice to collaborate over it!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

I don't like the web client.

I would use it if where a console client, text based. The web one take too much resources and is not particulary good.

(04-26-2010, 02:52 PM)Tei Wrote: I don't like the web client.

I would use it if where a console client, text based. The web one take too much resources and is not particulary good.

I'am not sure but I think the idea behind Google Wave was to create an easy and graphical colaboration toolset.
Ask Google if they are planning to add a console client...

What do you think the console should be like, Tei?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(04-26-2010, 02:52 PM)Tei Wrote: I don't like the web client.

There is a console-based client:

http://code.google.com/p/wave-protocol/w...soleClient
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

(04-26-2010, 01:14 PM)Aleator Wrote: I have and account too. I think it should be better if we wait for the official release and some plugins to use with it.

This is definitely true, but it can never hurt to be an early adopter when the tech is free! I remember when Gmail was still early on and I was like the only person in my town who had a Gmail account. Now its rare if someone doesn't have one!

(05-01-2010, 11:51 AM)Vael Wrote: I remember when Gmail was still early on and I was like the only person in my town who had a Gmail account. Now its rare if someone doesn't have one!
I belive it will be the same with Google Wave. I'am ready to test it, anybody know how to find ourselfes on Google Wave?

Your profile wave should tell you your address.

I'm themarkshark@googlewave.com

I'am unfa00@googlewave.com

Google Wave is the most hyped product on the Internet since the launch of Google Gmail. We take a look at what he has to offer and whether it will really replace email.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spambot wave Mr. Bougo 7 6,928 12-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: PinkRobot
  Stumbled upon a cool search engine that I like more than Google Lee_Stricklin 6 10,101 03-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Last Post: mood
  Google Translate Beat Box Machine Dokujisan 14 21,571 12-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Last Post: maxp00n