Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic Nationscup has started!

The back up players will get their chance to play which is a nice experience for them and will also make the game more balanced. But this lineup has never played together before and therefore big teamplay shouldn't be expected. I'm trying to be realist: the very most people are not looking forward to watch 2-3 maps of ffa. It's not up to me ofc, nvc/kojn/antibody can do whatever they want and if they think it's worth it they probably gonna do it.

And if there is one person who has respect for every team, that's me. I think you don't have an idea how much time and nerves it takes to get everything organized. I talk to everyone, listen to their wishes and try to resolve problems. But whatever, I don't have to defend myself here.

(08-22-2012, 03:37 PM)Mirio Wrote:
(08-22-2012, 01:53 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Will cast again as long as i'm in if nvc can stream? Will know in a few days Smile

Play your damn game! Sad

Would love to Mirio. Sunday is best for us, but since PCLizard is hardly on at the moment it's hard to arrange. Unless Antibody can arrange it with the NA players in PCLizards absense. He has the Nexuiz machinima tournament finals tomorrow so I doubt he will be online till Saturday at the earliest. I will see if Antibody can contact the american players.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Just to note. We can play on Sunday as far as i'm aware currently. So if the american team can then were good to go, just would need to set the time.

(08-22-2012, 03:59 PM)asy7um Wrote: The back up players will get their chance to play which is a nice experience for them and will also make the game more balanced. But this lineup has never played together before and therefore big teamplay shouldn't be expected. I'm trying to be realist: the very most people are not looking forward to watch 2-3 maps of ffa. It's not up to me ofc, nvc/kojn/antibody can do whatever they want and if they think it's worth it they probably gonna do it.

And if there is one person who has respect for every team, that's me. I think you don't have an idea how much time and nerves it takes to get everything organized. I talk to everyone, listen to their wishes and try to resolve problems. But whatever, I don't have to defend myself here.

Well they streamed GER (b or a team?) vs Scandinavia. I've never played together with them, and have not played much tdm either. And our match got streamed. For me personally I would like to watch lower skilled match, and if that's possible I really encourage those streaming it and such to do so(im not able to play(well spectate in this case) since im on a small trip and only got streaming as an option.

You know.. there are such things like demos.

Feel free to stream the match or organize a stream.

p.s.: to enhance the amount of your tdm experience you might consider to stop ragequitting (which in fact reduces your playing time!)

(08-23-2012, 12:17 PM)machine! Wrote: I've never played together with them, and have not played much tdm either.

Morfar, ai and juve are on the irc. you just need to contact them there to arrange some training matches. So you can train and play with them. ever thought about that?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Also, it is likely that UK will play NA on Sunday, waiting on NA at the moment Smile

I said I encourage, I do not demand. Also I think it's better to ragequit than taking out the rage on your opponent or someone else, which I've done and is not proud about.

EDIT: @Cortez: no I haven't, I don't really use irc.

I'm ready to help take down the yankees!

26th August – 9th September
Group 1:

Russia vs. United Kingdom
United States vs. Eastern Europe
No Match: Austria

Delayed from first round:
Austria vs. Eastern Europe
United States vs. United Kingdom

Group 2:

Germany vs. Latvia
Serbia vs. Team LuNe
Poland vs. Scandinavia

Delayed from first round:
Poland vs. Team LuNe: 2nd map

So now we play mother Russia...

I think I need to pull Eastern Europe's asses together...
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(08-30-2012, 01:55 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote: So now we play mother Russia...

In mother Russia Xonotic play you!!

Similar way to how in mother Russia airline complain about you. Never fly with S7, even BA Baracus wasn't able to sort that one out. Had to sit it out in Moscow's worst hotel. Inconveniently located just inside the outskirts of Domodrovo airport.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

So whats with UK, USA and Eastern Europe? Will you ever play? This is so disappointing.

Austria and Russia are almost any time ready to play.

just for the record and to put some life in this topic, it seems Poland vs Scandinavia will happen on friday evening.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

I think we're playing someone this Sunday... Right Kojn?

I'm pretty much ready to play at any time and I think that BlaXpirit is too but as always I don't know what is actually happening, but I visit here every day just in case.

Update: new group, drop-outs and schedule: http://www.xonotic-gaming.org/blog/?p=273

So, now I am inactive.... ok, signing off...

Team Eastern Europe hasn't managed to play a single match in the past 6 weeks. Last week they arranged a match vs Russia but only BlaXpirit showed up which made team Russia gather and wait for nothing. What exactly to you expect from me? Shall the NC run till 2014 so your team maybe plays a game? Other teams lose their motivation to play if they always have to wait so that's why inactive teams dropped. Usually I'm open to all kind of complaints but this time they go to /dev/null.

No email, no PM, no forum post, only the week is specified, how am I supposed to learn about the match? Thats why I posted here, because obviously I am missing something.

In that case your team captain is to blame. On the other hand, if you had the feeling that nothing works you could have tried to contact your team members or talked to the admins. Theoretically I can still put your team back in the tournament IF you manage to organize a lineup that is willing/able to play.

It's a shame Kojn quit... I still wanna be in team UK! Sad

UK PLAYERS, SEND ME A PERSONAL MESSAGE SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT THE MATCHES.

CLICK HERE TO SEND A MESSAGE.

rocknroll237, if you are really motivated you can organize an UK/NA mix team - there should be plenty of available players.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic Nationscup - Sign up here asyyy 168 154,731 11-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Mirio