Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic Community Blog

What is this?
This blog is an initiative to gather news and quality content from the Xonotic community. Including but not being limited to tournament news, tutorials, map releases and servers.

Why not use the official blog on xonotic.org?
The official blog on xonotic.org is very strict regarding user-generated content as the owner of the website is(?) legally liable for everything being posted there. As a consequence it is a pain in the back to get your content on that blog. I have a life outside of xonotic which keeps me busy and I just want to post my stuff somewhere without having endless discussions, editing and revisions. I hope that's understandable for everyone in some way.

Who will write there?
Everyone is welcome. Drop me a message here or on irc along with your preferred username, a valid email address and a short description about what you want to contribute. I for one will write about the nationscup, important map releases and (hopefully) interesting discussions inside the community.

Where can I find it?
http://www.xonotic-gaming.org/blog/

Suggestions and constructive criticism is welcome.

I have some experience in interviewing and doing (not VoD's like last time) match reviews for games, though, they all were in my native (Latvian) language. Anyway, I'm ready to do, at least, the interviewing (players, developers, etc.) part freely. Just someone have to re-check my English afterwards, since it's not my native language. Smile

Cool! Gonna spread the word.

Very nice! Smile Will look forward to post something then.

Very nice indeed. Smile

zivs, did you get my PM?

looks fine

Added to my rss reader.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Interesting. Does your competitive package contain anything that does or potentially infringes third party intellectual property rights? If not, I'd be curious why posting this on official Xonotic blog was not feasible (though probably this has been discussed in-depth already...).

I think though that emphasizing the competitive aspect of Xonotic and providing assistance to newcomers with competitive ambitions is a good and valid strategy to promote the game. Good job!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

The mappack contains non-gpl maps, e.g. aerowalk and some tdm maps.

(08-09-2012, 03:35 AM)asy7um Wrote: The mappack contains non-gpl maps, e.g. aerowalk and some tdm maps.

5 in total + the q3 package

+ Hub3aeroq3a_nex_r4
+ Map-dm-ospdm1_nex_r2_fix (The Edge)
+ Map-dm-ospdm5_nex_r2_fix (Deep Inside)
+ MIKEctf2_nex
+ Moonstone
+ zzz_q3a_compat_alpha1 (textures, models, etc. needed to run quake3 maps properly)
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,602 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,646 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
  Community Frag Movie Demo Call srkdy 9 8,523 12-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Islinn
  Razer Comms Xonotic community created jUBjUB 3 4,554 07-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) kojn^ 88 69,000 04-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  Community frag movie - need demos ! tobster 0 2,868 09-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Last Post: tobster
Video KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic Community Movie | Xonotic 0.6 [HD] zeroql 43 57,173 10-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  Teaser for Killing X-Zone - Xonotic Community movie zeroql 28 28,236 10-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Mepper
Exclamation Community frag movie ? tobster 8 9,708 08-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Last Post: tobster
Video Xonotic Community Fragmovie - Promo - zeroql 87 90,105 06-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Last Post: .Danny.