d1337r reporting in. Hai!

Hello world of Xonotic Smile

HAI!

This IS fun!
[Image: 10676.png]

Good evening, gentlemen.
Looking forward to the initial release. Smile
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Hi, I'm Will. I do quite a bit of ActionScript3 programming (flash). I post most of my stuff to my deviantart page, here. I also do some Python, which is also fun (:

I'm prepared to help with the development of the game, but I don't have any QuakeC or C/C++ experience. I'd also be interested in trying to port things over to a different (better?) language, perhaps Lua.
Parents of young organic life forms are warned that towels can be harmful, if swallowed in large quantities.

I guess I missed this thread... Hello there!

Hey guys

I'll try my best to get as many of my friends as possible into this game
[Image: 716.png]

!citonoX evil gnol dna olleH
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

Hai!
Im a programmer, happy to lend a hand, also a web developer, enjoy some graphic design (i am but an amateur) and I know Quality Assurance and software engineering rather well.

(03-23-2010, 08:19 PM)Will Wrote: Hi, I'm Will. I do quite a bit of ActionScript3 programming (flash). I post most of my stuff to my deviantart page, here. I also do some Python, which is also fun (:

I'm prepared to help with the development of the game, but I don't have any QuakeC or C/C++ experience. I'd also be interested in trying to port things over to a different (better?) language, perhaps Lua.

I don't think Lua is better, apart from anything else QuakeC is compiled for the quake VM, and as thus is rather speedy.
I'd love to learn QuakeC, or at least how the QVM works (I know C and C++ fairly well). I also use Mac aswell as linux, and could help test all that sorta stuff!

[Image: sig2.png]
Check out my site: www.alisdairrankine.com!

(03-24-2010, 08:07 AM)EvilSpaceHamster Wrote: I don't think Lua is better, apart from anything else QuakeC is compiled for the quake VM, and as thus is rather speedy.
I'd love to learn QuakeC, or at least how the QVM works (I know C and C++ fairly well). I also use Mac aswell as linux, and could help test all that sorta stuff!

Its not really about better.. right now the engine can ONLY use compiled quakeC. So if one wanted to use "an other language" it would require either expanding the engine or exchanging it. And both requires quite a some changes and porting the current code is not as easy as it sounds and can require damn LOTS of work. Some math showed that it could take up to two years to reproduce the current code.. porting will be some less work but still quite a lot.
Its just not practical and quakeC is not that bad once you got to know it. After all it was created specificly for gaming needs.
Besides changing the engine would probably require to drop some features, eyecandy, not to mention servers because of a different protocol. Its not just impractical but impossible within a realistic timeframe Smile

However i think Blub was working on adding some new language to the engine but i think the idea was to be able to have BOTH QC and this new thing work in parallel?!? Huh
Real signature is still in production!

Hai peoples! Big Grin

hai-lo

WASSSSSSAAAAAAP
Latest obsession.

Hai Tongue
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Oi! I'm master[mind]. I have a decent knowledge of C(if decent means linked lists[which I'm proud of Big Grin ]), and can produce some very decent sequenced music. I hope I can help. I enjoy the less structured(i.e. company like) atmosphere here. That was one reason I wasn't so keen on helping with Nexuiz development. If it helps, I'm a quick learner. I'd like to see what I'm capable of before I hit the real Computer Science world. I am just glad to see Nexuiz reincarnated in a better form!

master[mind], feel free to download the git repo and look at the code, even contribute things you might think useful.

Talk to the other developers about it.
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Ohaiiiiiiii

herro
[Image: forum.png]

Erusavion here. Proud of the community for taking an initiative.

And, Hi.

"Hai" Smile
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

Ohai.

O hai!

This forum needs 3 letters in a username instead of 2, hence I have a really long name now. Suggestions for new sig/avatar on the back of an Internet please.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

How - D!

My sig is great, but you can't have it.
This is my laser, this is my gun,
This is for plinking, this is for FUN!

BrFJ: wtf with the jumpad
BrFJ: rofl
vael: oh, you'll wtf with the... a few more times don't worry

[Image: badge.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool indie games thread asyyy 15 12,568 01-01-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Julian758
  Blog Self-promotion thread machine! 14 17,995 08-30-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  XONOTIC USER MUGSHOT THREAD Smilecythe 121 138,483 08-30-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Fragmovies from other games- thread Smilecythe 25 24,804 04-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Matuka
  Obligatory meme thread asyyy 284 398,178 02-23-2016, 11:38 PM
Last Post: SnowblindPariah
  Reflex thread machine! 45 50,210 08-01-2015, 03:25 AM
Last Post: SPLAT
  Gave the Unreal Tournament pre-alpha a spin, here's my breakdown Lee_Stricklin 2 6,546 03-27-2015, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  The Big Happy Birthday thread! CuBe0wL 53 91,183 10-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Anybody here played TuxRacer before? satuim 20 16,498 10-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer
Lightbulb Dropbox Referrals Thread of Awesomeness Schicko 10 13,819 08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo