Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenGL ES 2.0

Sad 
Hi, Guys!

I would like to run Xonotic on my Asus Transformer Infinity tf700t (Tegra3) Ubuntu linux. I know that 2 yrs ago in darkplaces added support of GLES2 renderer. So, I got sources from xonotic git, changed & built it with SDL 1.3 & GLES2 on tf700t.
After running I get black screen and glsl errors in console.

Question: Why Xonotic doesn't support GLES2 renderer? Linux is goes to ARM - we need good games on it.

If anyone interested - I can support development, but I'm not a gamedev for now...

Attachments:
  • tf700.patch.txt - patch with my not so dirty changes
  • build.log.txt - build log
  • es2_info.log.txt - gles2 information with EGL & GL extensions

Attached Files
.txt   tf700.patch.txt (Size: 15.48 KB / Downloads: 3)
.txt   build.log.txt (Size: 44.89 KB / Downloads: 4)
.txt   es2_info.log.txt (Size: 2.35 KB / Downloads: 7)

I don't think I can help you, but can you please post the errors that you get? That might be helpful to someone trying to troubleshoot this.

(03-11-2013, 05:06 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I don't think I can help you, but can you please post the errors that you get? That might be helpful to someone trying to troubleshoot this.
Of course, I attached patch (ugly) & log.

Attached Files
.txt   gles2.patch.txt (Size: 17.28 KB / Downloads: 6)
.txt   log.txt (Size: 1.55 KB / Downloads: 3)

Since you're a bit familiar with the code, I suggest you talk to the devs on our development IRC channel, #xonotic on irc.freenode.org. Most of the time they are not really available, so you might have to idle for some time on the channel to find them.