Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
decent configuration

Hello guys, may u please help me set up my xotonic settings so I can play the game with out lagging. maybe you have a config file that works for slow pc or something lol. thanks Big Grin

Dell latitude d630
Processor: Intel T7300 Core 2 Duo (2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 4MB Cache)
Graphics: Intel GMA X3100
Operating System: Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit and debian linux squeeze
Display: WXGA+ 1440 x 900 (matte)
Hard Drive: 160GB
Memory: 3GB

I wouldn't say your system is too slow, I've had Xonotic working on worse but you're going to have to except some lower graphics settings. The closest result we have listed on the benchmark was for an E7300 which managed 23fps on low although I can't vouch for how good a result that is without getting my hands on the hardware myself:
http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/3/wiki/H...quirements

There already are config files in the game for different settings. In the effects menu the low, medium, normal, high and ultra are all linked to preset config files and in addition there is omg and ultimate. Looking at your setup you should probably try 'low' setting and then experiment to see how it performs. Try then switching everything in the effects menu off. 'OMG' preset can be reached through the console by typing exec effects-omg.cfg but it is confusing to play sometimes! I wouldn't recommend trying anyone elses config until you have tried some different configurations yourself, after all, without understanding everything that is in the config file, you can't say that it will be better or not.

You might want to take a look at the built in benchmark:
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2562

As you have both Windows and Linux, compare the 2. Often Linux can be faster at lower settings in particular as it is more efficient in CPU and has better memory management but benchmarking under both will give you the answer.

Also use the SDL executable rather than the one. Normally SDL is quicker.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Configuration File for InstaGib Comp-Content [CISN] Neigdoig 0 431 07-17-2023, 11:58 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  What's your Hotkey/HUD Configuration Mirio 119 171,244 07-29-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Ashurion-Neonix
Information Trackball configuration TrackBallUser 4 4,540 02-09-2018, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Help with game configuration. Andrii 7 10,352 02-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  [SOLVED] A few questions regarding the configuration language Melanosuchus 16 15,152 08-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Melanosuchus