Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CTF]Gravetron

My first map, its small sized whit ctf, ft and dom.
Its inspired by VVVVVV's gravitron.
You'll need to turn on reflections because warp zone's are essential to the map.
You'll also need the map Heavy metal (by Maddin) because I use his glass shader.
Thanks to divVerent, CuBe0wL, Morphed, LordCanistra, tZork for helping my and giving advice on irc.
Things can be changed (cortez666 suggested that to make the hallways wider) and detail can be added, but I don't think I'll ever get around to do that so I'm releasing this. map files included if anyone wants it.
ps: The platforms are made from doors because I don't know how to make them stop moving upwards when your not standing on them. That meant you could get stuck in the engine room. However the doors introduce a different bug, when you keep standing on them when they close/lower you get "inside" of them. You don't get stuck but you may be invincible to other players.

[Image: jIjLE.jpg]
[Image: FVNAR.jpg]

Attached Files
.pk3   gravitron.pk3 (Size: 3.02 MB / Downloads: 24)
Skyward Fire

The Gravitron is a fucker. Big Grin I hope the map is not so annoying. Smile

If you want that I make the shader and texture files for your glass then tell me! It´s better to seperate the maps. Wink

(08-26-2011, 04:52 PM)Maddin Wrote: If you want that I make the shader and texture files for your glass then tell me! It´s better to seperate the maps. Wink

Its pretty much just copy and pasting your map shader and glass texture and renaming the references from your mad to mine, isn't it? I can do that. Smile
But I wasn't sure how you would feel about me just copying your work...
Skyward Fire

You also have to edit the paths in the shaderfile. It´s ok when you copy/paste only the glass shader and texture.

Although it has a nice side effect: People also download my map! Big Grin

(08-26-2011, 04:36 PM)O.I.B. Wrote: [....] However the doors introduce a different bug, when you keep standing on them when they close/lower you get "inside" of them. You don't get stuck but you may be invincible to other players. [....]

That's not a bug, that's a feature! Big Grin
4m038105 - Be the change.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,671 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,152 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,502 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario