Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silent Siege [Duel]

Looks good, can't wait to try it.

What changed:
  • Colors, lightng (more vivid and warm now)
  • Maps skybox, Its darker now.
  • layout in 3 places
  • details and detail brushes.

Screesnhots:

[Image: xonotic20120913220514-00.jpg] [Image: xonotic20120913220523-00.jpg]

[Image: xonotic20120913220546-00.jpg] [Image: xonotic20120913220600-00.jpg]

The main post in this thread also updated! Feedback as alwasy and now even more will be appreciated.
The map is avaliable on Exile servers.

Stunning
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

Thank you, Ida17h! That means a lot for me.

I am currently working on 2 different projects because on this one I had logo textures difficulties. I would like Asyy to post good and fixed logos textures for final version.

BTW: the stairs you can see in the botton right screenshot no longer exists in a final version (replaced by ramp).

These screenies are so sexy, they should be all over the front page!

SilentSiege
[Image: silentsiege.jpg]
  • Fixed lighting
  • Fixed some textures and added sponsor's logos
  • Made clipping
  • More details

DOWNLOAD:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/90490112/silentsiege_final.pk3

GJ Justin! Smile

Solid duel/dm layout, good job. :)

ty for the nice duel map .... Big Grin

uploaded it to Prophets Duel Server

GreetZ Su

Hello everyone!

Im bringing this thread alive due to bad things that happen to the map in 0.7 relese. Basicaly after all uptades I made and after relesing silentsiege-final version it was taken to offical Xonotic mappol (which is great of course). Since then I had basicaly no imact about what is happening with it. From time to time Kuniu informed me that he is working on it. I was ok with that (it's GPL) and gave him a couple pieces of advice about map.

0.7 relese came and I launched it for the first time, looked on the map list in the offical maps and what I saw made me angry.

I allready talked to Kuniu, so I think there is no need of saying what I saw there. In short: Several things vere broken, but the most painfull for me was fact that my shaders were removed...

When I asked why: I was told that there were some difficulties with textures names.. Therefore I decided to make new version and agreed with Kuniu about that:

This version includes following changes:
  • all my shaders are back as well as new one and easter egg
  • fixed bugged 0.7 texture on the stairs
  • made more details, removed some brushes
  • changed shader
  • Now spawn points are not indicated, I moved old spawn indicators to the weapons
  • I made barrels breakable,
  • Some weapon clipping in the corridors and doorways, so now you can bounce your granades easier as well as run more recklessly (no more freakin bumping)

Please DO NOT download this version before you make sure you removed older 'silentsiege_final.pk3' from your data folder

Old good SilentSiege is BACK IN BUSSINES! Rolleyes

PS: So this is the file that should be fine. If anything is missing... Just tell me.

uhm, well

The map is officially included into Xonotic now, a lot of things have been foxed by kuniu so the map could make it into 0.7. It is very unlikely that anyone will play the latest version (your version) as the servers themselves use the official version (no dl'ing needed, no additional space needed). No further explanation needed I think.

(06-15-2013, 11:35 AM)Justin Wrote: Please DO NOT download this version before you make sure you removed older 'silentsiege_final.pk3' from your data folder

Why keep the same name??? It will be incompatible with servers that run a different version than clients do, which will cause glitches.

I think I've told you about this before. Always rename your bsp and pk3 files when you make a change, no matter how minor that change is!

Quote:uhm, well

The map is officially included into Xonotic now, a lot of things have been foxed by kuniu so the map could make it into 0.7. It is very unlikely that anyone will play the latest version (your version) as the servers themselves use the official version (no dl'ing needed, no additional space needed). No further explanation needed I think.

I know, but there are some mistakes and things that require fixing. I will do it.
EDIT: Mr. Bougo, Download link removed.

Neither do I know what "foxed" is, nor do I understand why you still put time into this map as it is official now. Kuniu spent hours of work fixing this map up so we can include it. Event though there might be some mistakes (such as the stairwell-trim), there is no reason to come up with complaints. Textures/shaders were removed as they are not GPLv2 compatible.

ok, i am responsible for including Silent Siege to official maps for Xonotic and i'm aware of some issues with the current official version of this map. I will make sure to fix them with Justins help as soon as possible.

Also, i don't think releasing another version of this map, which in fact is supposed to compete with the official one, is the thing you should do, Justin.

I'm aware you might be dissapointed with the current state of your map, but i mentioned this to you several times already, i'm willing to fix all the existing issues.

(06-15-2013, 02:32 PM)Debugger Wrote: Textures/shaders were removed as they are not GPLv2 compatible.

that actually is not true.

Anyway, i sorted this thing out with Justin so no need to continue this discussion.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Quote:
(06-15-2013, 02:32 PM)Debugger Wrote: Textures/shaders were removed as they are not GPLv2 compatible.

that actually is not true.

Anyway, i sorted this thing out with Justin so no need to continue this discussion.

That is correct. Anyway this problem is now solved.

Quote:nor do I understand why you still put time into this map as it is official now.

I put lots of work in my maps, does not matter if they are offical or not. Thats for example why I am working on Imprisoned and finishing Catharsis right now. I am reaching the maximum potential from my projects. And such comments and situations make me angry.

Quote:there is no reason to come up with complaints

Look above.

Anyway: Lets just say that's it. No need to continue shouting and taking offense, as Kuniu said: nobody is perfect.

Thank you guys for this experience. You never know when you will learn sth.

And thanks to you two for resolving this so quickly! That's such a relief.

What debugger said is that you started to work on your latest version of the map source and doesnt use the one from 0.7. so there are 2 different versions and you waisted your time because the official is the which will be played.

(06-15-2013, 03:28 PM)Justin Wrote: I put lots of work in my maps, does not matter if they are offical or not.
this part is damn funny.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

What's the problem with him working on his map? If he has his own "real" version of the map the officiall can be however the mapping team wants and his version the way the map was meant to be.

Both debugger and cortez seem to takes this very seriously while it doesnt really matter to them.

(06-17-2013, 11:21 AM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(06-15-2013, 03:28 PM)Justin Wrote: I put lots of work in my maps, does not matter if they are offical or not.
this part is damn funny.

Mabye I wasn't clear: I work very hard on my maps whether they will be included as official or not. Of course it matters for me if they will be official or not, but the amount of commitment and dedication stays the same. Whats so funny about it?

Quote:so there are 2 different versions and you waisted your time because the official is the which will be played.

I didn't waste any time. I talked to Kuniu and we agreed thats the way it should be done, cause several bugs and problems occured in 0.7 verison.

huehue edit

Great, but there's a new bug though. Tongue You get stuck when after you teleported, maybe placed the destination too long into another brush?

Thanks, Mirio, thanks Machine. Here is download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9049...nal-r2.pk3
All shaders are properly renamed, clipping, teleport exit fixed, no spawn idicators, some brushwork fixed and other things kuniu asked me to add (like info_autoscreenshot or logos)

Im not yet sure about mapinfo, Could you take a look at it, kuniu?

PS: Thank you Debugger for your help and sorry for my reaction 2 months ago. I was pissed off about missing shaders and some texture bugs that occured in offical 0.7 version.

How did my last message end up before that ^ message o.o

Because he deleted his old post.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow [RELEASE] mvxdm05v09 - Silent Seas munyul 26 11,754 01-09-2018, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Justin
  [Duel] Mint (was: [Duel] Unnamed WIP map) monad 10 11,505 07-31-2015, 02:54 PM
Last Post: monad
  DM- Siege theShadow 30 33,411 12-20-2010, 04:27 AM
Last Post: FruitieX