Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silent Siege [Duel]

hmm, okey.

YOU MADE THE FUCKING BEST MAP EVER THANK YOU SO MUCH!
[Image: 22172.png]

No, Thank YOU. Without players we wouldn't have maps. I'm super elated you like it!

This truly is one of the best Xonotic duel maps, I just re-read the entire thread and apparently I never stated that o.O

For me, this map ranks just as high as stormkeep and fuse with regard to duel gameplay.

Absolutely deserved official map :oD
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

It's an official map (https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic-maps....ge.mapinfo )! Wink

But yeah, awesome map. Though I prefer it in 2on2tdm than in duel, it's perfect size for that and provides more vertical action than the other popular 2on2 ones.

(11-26-2014, 04:47 AM)machine! Wrote: It's an official map (https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic-maps....ge.mapinfo )! ;)

I know, I was trying to say that its official status is absolutely well-deserved. :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(11-25-2014, 04:33 PM)Justin Wrote: No, Thank YOU. Without players we wouldn't have maps. I'm super elated you like it!

I just had my first win against RandomeR there.(I know i am a noob Tongue )I also won a round against Psycho there what i usually can't.

(11-25-2014, 06:36 PM)Halogene Wrote: This truly is one of the best Xonotic duel maps, I just re-read the entire thread and apparently I never stated that o.O

For me, this map ranks just as high as stormkeep and fuse with regard to duel gameplay.

Absolutely deserved official map :oD

True,my friend.

(11-26-2014, 04:47 AM)machine! Wrote: It's an official map (https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic-maps....ge.mapinfo )! Wink

But yeah, awesome map. Though I prefer it in 2on2tdm than in duel, it's perfect size for that and provides more vertical action than the other popular 2on2 ones.

Hmm,never played anything else than duel on it.

Before this map was there my favs were stormkeep and final rage.This beats both.

Only thing I dislike about this map is the mega hp room. It could use a little simpler structure imo, like maybe a teleporter instead of stairscases without any boxes and stuff that you can hide behind to. That area just feels kind of overdone and cramped, not sure how else to put it. I would propose an additional teleporter replacing the "sealed door" graphics at the vicinity of the rocket launcher which would take you next to hagar or something. It's never been very hard to defend an area in Xonotic, especially with damage through floors/mid air detonation (upper floors) and excessive electro spam (lower floors). Adding a new teleporter there could provide some intense ambush schemes to that area.

Of course, you don't have to do anything regardless the suggestion. It seems to play quite fine as it is now too although I'm never going to play it with Kojn because he's a fucking asshole in maps like this.

Angry

(11-29-2014, 02:48 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Only thing I dislike about this map is the mega hp room. It could use a little simpler structure imo, like maybe a teleporter instead of stairscases without any boxes and stuff that you can hide behind to. That area just feels kind of overdone and cramped, not sure how else to put it. I would propose an additional teleporter replacing the "sealed door" graphics at the vicinity of the rocket launcher which would take you next to hagar or something. It's never been very hard to defend an area in Xonotic, especially with damage through floors/mid air detonation (upper floors) and excessive electro spam (lower floors). Adding a new teleporter there could provide some intense ambush schemes to that area.

Of course, you don't have to do anything regardless the suggestion. It seems to play quite fine as it is now too although I'm never going to play it with Kojn because he's a fucking asshole in maps like this.

Angry

Ok,the boxes there really aren't needed,but except for that i think it's ok.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow [RELEASE] mvxdm05v09 - Silent Seas munyul 26 11,748 01-09-2018, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Justin
  [Duel] Mint (was: [Duel] Unnamed WIP map) monad 10 11,503 07-31-2015, 02:54 PM
Last Post: monad
  DM- Siege theShadow 30 33,408 12-20-2010, 04:27 AM
Last Post: FruitieX