• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing Player Badges

Badges are down?

Quote: This means that you'll get your new badge only after playing a new game

Could this be part of it Mr B?

(09-02-2012, 04:02 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote:
Quote: This means that you'll get your new badge only after playing a new game

Could this be part of it Mr B?

I don't think so, not updating your badge doesn't mean it will be deleted.... Anyway, it seems the whole Xonstat server is down, I can't access my stats page either Sad

EDIT: Hm just as I posted this, badges are up again. But my stats page shows "Error 500" now Confused
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Sorry guys, we had a server upgrade this morning that broke a couple of things, stats (and thus badges) included. We should be up and running fine now, and our upgrade is complete.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Just a short update on player badges - my latest changes to artwork and code are now merged into Xonstat, and your badges will be updated shortly after you play a match.

Apart from smaller changes to the artwork, I fixed the rendering of some characters in the player nicks, e.g. ':' or '|'. This applies e.g. to my own badge, and I'm happy now with how it looks! Big Grin

(09-05-2012, 05:24 PM)zykure Wrote: Just a short update on player badges - my latest changes to artwork and code are now merged into Xonstat, and your badges will be updated shortly after you play a match.

Apart from smaller changes to the artwork, I fixed the rendering of some characters in the player nicks, e.g. ':' or '|'. This applies e.g. to my own badge, and I'm happy now with how it looks! Big Grin

Could you maybe add the new artwork I presented for the badges a while back if you didn't do that yet?

This one I mean: [Image: xonstat_batch_badges_img_dark_wall14.png]
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

May I ask why it's split off in the middle, I think it would be cooler with just the first section of the image and make it longer. But I can't deny it looks really good as it is though, GJ!

(11-13-2012, 09:45 AM)machine! Wrote: May I ask why it's split off in the middle, I think it would be cooler with just the first section of the image and make it longer. But I can't deny it looks really good as it is though, GJ!

Ehm..

Look:
[Image: 9335.png]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=963]

See why it's split off now? Tongue

In other words, it's nothing more than an improvement of the one that's currently being used.

Okey, but why have a split in the first place? Tongue Anyway good job it's very much improved I have to say! Smile

(11-13-2012, 10:13 AM)machine! Wrote: Okey, but why have a split in the first place? Tongue Anyway good job it's very much improved I have to say! Smile

I tried to explain that, the thingy that generates the signatures is programmed to generate em like that, so splitting them up will make stuff look better, more organized.

Comparing this to a single background color for example will show that it's indeed easier on the eyes.

I would agree that the split looks quite pronounced the way you're proposing. It's almost as if they were two images side by side. I would mostly blame the metallic-looking corner with the screw indent.

Mine wont update anyway :x

(11-13-2012, 10:27 AM)Archer Wrote: I tried to explain that, the thingy that generates the signatures is programmed to generate em like that, so splitting them up will make stuff look better, more organized.

Yeah, but I why not change that too then? Tongue

Ah yeah, this needs to be merged asap! Big Grin

Archer, I did not forget your changes; actually I added them to my personal Xonstat fork quite a while ago Smile But at that time Antibody wasn't available iirc, and then I had a lot of other things to attend to. Anyway, it just needs to get merged into official Xonstat by Antibody, and then we're good to go with three badge styles to choose from.

@asyyy: That's also something we need to ask Antibody about, since the update code itself looks correct. Maybe it's some database issue?

(11-13-2012, 01:10 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I would agree that the split looks quite pronounced the way you're proposing. It's almost as if they were two images side by side. I would mostly blame the metallic-looking corner with the screw indent.

But honestly, It's like that now as well, almost looks like 2 separate images Tongue

(11-13-2012, 01:39 PM)machine! Wrote: Yeah, but I why not change that too then? Tongue

You know, that would be possible indeed. I parametrized all the pieces of text (position, fontsize, alignment etc), so if you are interested you could create an entirely new layout. (Look at the "minimal" style for example, it's also quite different than the normal one.)

Best way to get the code to play around with it is by checking out the Xonstat git repository, then look inside the directory xonstat/batch/badges/ for the code. It's all Python, with the Cairo lib being used for rendering.

No worries - no one brought it up until now, so it must not have been urgent! I'll put it on my to-do list to merge this.

BTW: Sorry if I sounded like a feature-demander-biatch or sth...

Hey all, just a short update: Apart from a few issues with player badges being fixed by now, the time has also come for another badge theme you can choose from. It was done by Archer, and you can embed it by using the subdirectory "archer" in the badge URL: http://stats.xonotic.org/static/badges/archer/###.png

[Image: 9216.png]

@Archer: Thanks again for creating this really nice-looking theme! Smile

Very nice to see this being in use now, thanks! Big Grin

Updated my tiny user script to change that to the minimal theme as well
https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/142535

(sorry Archer Tongue)

Thank you for making it, Archer. Sorry I took so long to get it running in production. With zykure's recent changes to the structure of how badges are generated, it is now much easier for me to test. This means I can incorporate changes quickly, woohoo!

(02-02-2013, 02:27 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Updated my tiny user script to change that to the minimal theme as well

Haha, I totally saw that coming Tongue

Hello, it's-a me http://stats.xonotic.org/player/28301 but http://stats.xonotic.org/static/badges/m.../28301.png doesn't shows my badge.

I need to enable something?

Thanks Smile
XMPP Conferences
xonotic@conference.jabber.org → General discussion
xonotic@conf.jabberes.org → Spanish-speakers
I pronounce it Shonotic.

I'm forcing an update of the badges now. Check back in a few hours and it should be there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing ulp (eventlog parser) dyin 7 10,144 02-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Rage_ATWM