Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nexuiz 2.3 maps question?

No, it's not. What makes you think so?

Hmm did those pk3's work on your end,They are not working on my end and how do I use touch it seems nothing wants to work in my game I guess its just Linux.

Where have you placed the PK3 files? Here is some help for touch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_(Unix)
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

kidx, can you type these two commands in the Xonotic terminal? To access the Xonotic terminal, press shift escape:
Code:
which models/ctf/banner_blue.tga
which models/ctf/banner_blue.dds
then tell me the EXACT result that is output in the terminal.

I put all pk3's in data,Touch don't work on Linux mint mate version.Also the commands you said to put here is the results.

which models/ctf/banner_blue.tga isn't anywhere

Yes it does, you're just using it wrong.

Please do as instructed in my post just above this one.

Ok what ever your pk3's don't work in the data folder, you on windows or Linux? i am on Linux and i am not gonna argue.I cant get any pk3's working in Linux mint, so yeah and i have tried your way i am running Linux mint 13 Maya mate mate does this have anything to do with it?

I'm on Linux and I'm still waiting for you to follow my instructions. Type the two commands and give me the exact output of each of them.

Quote:which models/ctf/banner_blue.tga isn't anywhere

I already did don't you read lol.

I think you will find that a majority of the players active on this forum are using Linux. We haven't had a poll about that, maybe we should, but I would definitely put my money on Linux being used most. Smile
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

(09-07-2012, 07:54 PM)kidx Wrote:
Quote:which models/ctf/banner_blue.tga isn't anywhere

I already did don't you read lol.

Oopsy. Sorry about that.

That isn't the exact output by the way. You should copypaste from the terminal instead of copying by hand, that's more convenient. Run Xonotic from a terminal or use the condump command:
Code:
condump output.log
will put the contents of the terminal inside /home/kidx/.xonotic/data/output.log assuming your username is kidx.
(EDIT: ) /home/kidx/.xonotic/ is a hidden directory, usually file managers don't show these unless you configure them to. Or you could type the path directly into the address bar.

By the way, that's the exact place where you should put the pk3s. Can you tell me the output of this command so that we can be sure that you did put it in the right place?
Code:
ls *.pk3

here is the dump lol,I hope this really helps alot. http://pastie.org/4684543 Oh I thought you put them in the extracted xonotic folder,My bad let me try this now that you mention it maybe mine works as well,I just never noticed it.Wow the flag works now i need to use touch, so yeah ill have to go over all your pk3's so yeah ill stick all my mod's there from now on ok.

Code:
Added packfile data/wbgs_dds.pk3 (32 files)
Added packfile data/wbgs_jpg.pk3 (48 files)
Added packfile data/xonotic-20120308-data.pk3 (4131 files)
Added packfile data/xonotic-20120308-maps.pk3 (4008 files)
Added packfile data/xonotic-20120308-music.pk3 (16 files)
Added packfile data/xonotic-20120308-nexcompat.pk3 (4314 files)

First of all, oops. I should have prefixed the filenames with zzz_ because pk3 files that modify original files have to come after "xonotic" alphabetically.

Secondly, I asked you not to use both pk3s at the same time.

Thirdly, I don't understand what you're saying about touch now. I use touch to create empty files when building pk3s that need to include them, that's all.

If you don't need to share your mods, sure, do whatever you want in your data directory, you don't even have to package things. You can also make a directory called zzz_wbgs.pk3dir and put the contents of the pk3 in there, no need to bother with archives.

Ill be sharing dont worry after all you guys have been a big help,Ill also be making a CTF Xtreme damage server.

I can't get touch to work how do I go about creating a blank dds,You guys rock linux rules.Also how do I compile Pk3's again, I used pakscape but it is giving me an error now.

Code:
touch ./whatever-filename
what's not to work here? :-P

but I guess if you really want there are at least a couple of other ways to create an empty file like:
Code:
echo -n "" > ./whatever-filename
or
Code:
dd if=/dev/null of=./whatever-filename
ctrl+c
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(09-09-2012, 01:20 AM)kidx Wrote: I can't get touch to work how do I go about creating a blank dds,
Try looking at this page that I posted earlier:
http://www.computerhope.com/unix/utouch.htm

(09-09-2012, 01:20 AM)kidx Wrote: Also how do I compile Pk3's again, I used pakscape but it is giving me an error now.

You need all of the files for your map in the separate /maps, /dds, /models, etc. directories TOTALLY separate from the rest of the game as you want to build only these files into the pk3, not the whole game. Let's say I create a directory called /home/myxonoticmaps/mapname and I have inside it the /maps, /dds, /models, etc.

cd into /home/myxonoticmaps/mapname and then do:
Code:
zip -9rDX mapname.pk3 *
This will compress all of the files and directories in /home/myxonoticmaps/mapname into mapname.pk3.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

(09-09-2012, 03:08 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote:
Code:
touch ./whatever-filename
what's not to work here? :-P

but I guess if you really want there are at least a couple of other ways to create an empty file like:
Code:
echo -n "" > ./whatever-filename
or
Code:
dd if=/dev/null of=./whatever-filename
ctrl+c

That's overkill. You could just do this:
Code:
> whatever-filename
Also (in my case), dd doesn't block on /dev/null, no need to ctrl-c it. Do you need that?

I chose touch because that way he can't cause any harm to existing files.

kidx, I can't help you anymore, sorry. I feel we're getting stuck in a situation where you ask for help and don't read and address the entire content of my posts which makes me unable to help you further.

Not only that, but you often fail to provide me with detailed information to help you at all. I KNOW touch doesn't work for you, you've told me three times already. But you've only said that it doesn't work. There are thousands of way it could not work, and you seem to expect me to guess out of thin air what yours is.

pk3 files are zip archives. Look at my examples I sent you, that's how pk3s should be made.

Quote:http://pastie.org/4684543

Wow i give my out put witch i can quote also gave you my command outputs for the commands, You told me to put now you say i dont provide you with anything try reading sir.Also touch then file name dont make the file blank try providing commands that works fo touch as an example you have shown every thing but touch how you do all i want is the easy way not a hard way is that hard to ask for,Also the case me failing to provide info just read.Also echo -n is it like this?

echo -n "/home/kidx/Desktop/xonotic-20120308-maps/dds/models/ctf/banner_blue.dds"

@Mr. Bougo: like I said at least a couple of other ways. Hmmm, about dd, when I was writing that I needed to use ^c, now I don't, weird, maybe it's cause I was doing sth cpu heavy at that time.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Ok echo now works and touch dont weird must have been doing somthing as well, i am gona test this on another file to make sure it works.

***EDIT***

Now nothing is working i edit a dds file,With an image there and it goes to defaule no image and i can still open it in gimp where as,another image I cant any ideas or fixes i am following you guys do I need to download any extra software to make this work? I am on linux mint 13 maya mate.

***EDIT***
I had to do cd /home/kidx/desktop/ my folder,Now its working fine thanks alot i hope the next time i post here it will be a finished release of my HD textures mod for WBGS/C14N=xTrEmE thanks alot guys.

In short: if the path provided to touch is a file that does not exist, touch will create it. If it already exists, it will update the timestamp of the file without changing its contents.

In long: here's the manual page. Have you tried to understand what the hell you were doing, or are you just expecting to follow step-by-step instructions?
Code:
TOUCH(1)                         User Commands                        TOUCH(1)

NAME
       touch - change file timestamps

SYNOPSIS
       touch [OPTION]... FILE...

DESCRIPTION
       Update  the  access  and modification times of each FILE to the current
       time.

A FILE argument that does not exist is created empty, unless -c  or  -h
       is supplied.

A  FILE  argument  string of - is handled specially and causes touch to
       change the times of the file associated with standard output.

Mandatory arguments to long options are  mandatory  for  short  options
       too.

-a     change only the access time

-c, --no-create
              do not create any files

-d, --date=STRING
              parse STRING and use it instead of current time

-f     (ignored)

-h, --no-dereference
              affect each symbolic link instead of any referenced file (useful
              only on systems that can change the timestamps of a symlink)

-m     change only the modification time

-r, --reference=FILE
              use this file's times instead of current time

-t STAMP
              use [[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.ss] instead of current time

--time=WORD
              change the specified time: WORD is access, atime, or use: equiv‐
              alent to -a WORD is modify or mtime: equivalent to -m

--help display this help and exit

--version
              output version information and exit

Note that the -d and -t options accept different time-date formats.

DATE STRING
       The  --date=STRING  is  a mostly free format human readable date string
       such as "Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:21:42 -0800" or "2004-02-29  16:21:42"  or
       even  "next Thursday".  A date string may contain items indicating cal‐
       endar date, time of day, time zone, day of week, relative  time,  rela‐
       tive date, and numbers.  An empty string indicates the beginning of the
       day.  The date string format is more complex than is easily  documented
       here but is fully described in the info documentation.

AUTHOR
       Written  by  Paul  Rubin, Arnold Robbins, Jim Kingdon, David MacKenzie,
       and Randy Smith.

REPORTING BUGS
       Report touch bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org
       GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
       General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
       Report touch translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/>

COPYRIGHT
       Copyright © 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.   License  GPLv3+:  GNU
       GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
       This  is  free  software:  you  are free to change and redistribute it.
       There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

SEE ALSO
       The full documentation for touch is maintained as a Texinfo manual.  If
       the  info  and  touch programs are properly installed at your site, the
       command

info coreutils 'touch invocation'

should give you access to the complete manual.

GNU coreutils 8.17                 May 2012                           TOUCH(1)

waht zip prgram you reconmend for pk3 pakscape is not working.

When you say "X is not working" without any further explanation, people assume you're using it wrong.

I don't know any fancy graphical interfaces to zip. I use zip in the commandline, sometimes 7z.

No its giving me an error like wont duplicate the error packing and no i knw how to use it i used,To run windows before this not hard.Also can you give me a 7z command example for packing a .pk3?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chat color question Molnija 0 2,335 11-14-2018, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Molnija
  Quick question ... devnexen 4 4,242 04-15-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Kim Jong-Ben
  Where can I find the self animated weapons from Nexuiz? MirceaKitsune 14 16,764 11-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  Question and Rant on the LG and MG changes. GegoXAREN 5 5,586 11-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Last Post: hutty
Photo XPM Question? kidx 4 4,975 09-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Last Post: kidx
  Weapon Settings Question? kidx 22 17,961 08-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  A question of getting started with Quakec timetopat 5 7,565 07-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Last Post: timetopat
  Mac OS X, NSGL (Cocoa) based port of Nexuiz Ender 11 21,286 06-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Last Post: merlijn
  Xonotic's Direction? What do we have to do Learning from nexuiz's mistakes. kojn^ 67 78,221 06-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  After an git update, all Nexuiz server can't be used. liberty 17 17,423 04-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Last Post: nox