Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
unfa's music | Space Pirates (v.04)

Very nice style. I think 33 could do with some more variety/action though (it feels quite repetitive at the moment.)
Also, it appears that you are missing metadata tags from your songs. I would definitely add an "artist" field at the least (I don't know if lmms can do this, but exfalso [foss program, should be in your distro's repos] can).
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

(07-19-2010, 11:14 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Very nice style.
Thanks Smile
(07-19-2010, 11:14 PM)Roanoke Wrote: I think 33 could do with some more variety/action though (it feels quite repetitive at the moment.)

I see. I wanted to make this track giving people lots of energy for dancing, fragging or whatever Smile Check the .3 version, maybe you'll find it less repetitive that the .2 version.
Actually the .3 was ready two weeks ago but I was away on holidays and were luckily off-the-internet there Smile

(07-19-2010, 11:14 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Also, it appears that you are missing metadata tags from your songs. I would definitely add an "artist" field at the least (I don't know if lmms can do this, but exfalso [foss program, should be in your distro's repos] can).

Oh, I sometimes want to upload the track as soon as possible after I finish it, but now I'am adding my name and email to ogg files tags using Tag Tool. Anyway, I'am gonna checkout Ex Falso also Smile thanks for listening and feedback Smile

Now I''ve uploaded the 33.3.

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Music 
Hey! I've started another track for Xonotic this morning, it is kinda trancy Smile
100% synthesis, no samples used, so to edit this you only need some plugins (::Invada:: plugins are somewhat new to me, TAP and C* are popular)

Warning: this track is :very: repetitive but is also morphing over time, when I was listening to it I got in some kind of trance Smile Hopes it will work like that in-game, gotta test it while playing online or so... maybe you can do some test for me Smile That would be great.
As always - constuctuve criticism is welcome, as I want to make my best here.

Due to my limited bandwidth, I can't upload the Ogg file, but if you have installed LMMS and Ubuntu Studio Audio plugins metapackage, you should be able to render the song, as it doesn't use any samples Smile

Track is 6:40 long right now, and it wasn't prepared for looping yet:

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

I will upload the audio file as soon as my poor connection let me Sad
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Changes changes changes Smile

One of the instruments needs tweaking but I'am happy with the rest. Especially the kick Smile 100% synthesis.

Didn't manage to update the tags in uploaded file, but if you add:

Code:
loop_start = 2633151
loop_end = 23698368

to the Ogg file tags, it should loop (more or less) seamlessly in Xonotic. Testers wanted! Big Grin

wow, cool Smile i only dont like the "snare-storm" (first at 2:43)

and i can't image how a map fitting to this would look like...

I think I'am starting to discover how to make Dubstep. Here is one song:

Experiment-4
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

100% synthesis. It still needs a lot of work to be good (too repetitive and long right now)

Tell me If you think that music of this kind can be used in Xonotic. For Movies? Gameplay? Dunno, this is just an experiment, but I decided to let you all know about it Smile

Warning: This song contains ultra-low frequency tones (30~90 Hz). To hear them you need some good headphones or stage speakers or subwoofer. This is a very important part of the song. Make sure you can hear it with your hardware before asking "where's the bass?" Wink Also - I'am not taking responsibility for any popped speakers. You are playing it @ your own risk!

No more-2
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Here is a title I've started yesterday. It's a happy, energetic Drum & Bass track with a little bit of 'oriental' fell to it Smile

Track is done with 100% synthesis in LMMS. No samples used.
Pure. Fukcing. Electronic. 5h1+.

You know this track got me in a trance, I looped myself two parts of it, and I couldn't stop dancing to it Blush

I know it's a little bit too short right now, I think I will make it twice longer, but the second (or first) added half will be different, I can't repeat those existing melodies anymore. The track is looped to work in Xonotic so you can use it in your map stright away. I was testing it while playing Nexuiz minsta and it gave me a nice dose of adrenaline and speed. I think it's good for in-game but reapeating too much, perhaps No more-3 will be there to solve that.

By the way: I've created it using LMMS 0.4.5 but then finished and rendered with LMMS 0.4.8 which have made the source file amazingly big Angry Some bug must have came to life, I hope that won't ruin my work Dodgy gonna report it...

No more-2 put a smile on my face. Not only does it sound like it would suit maps where you are trying to either fetch something or grab control points, it sounds very reminiscent of some of the chiptunes that played on 16 bit games. This NEEDS to be put on either a domination or keyhunt map.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

go unfa!!!!

YOU ROCK MAN!

(or should i sed. ,: U STEP MAN!)

ANYWAYS , yay!

:^

Thanks for good words Big Grin I really appreciate them!

I've created "No more" after some nostalgic trip with the VICE Commodore C64 emulator. I was listening to music made for it, looks like it have gone deeper into me that I thought Wink
Heavier bass? No problem Big Grin

I'am not gonna waste words, I'll be back with updates and/or new tracks Smile

Balance 1
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Early version but I coudn't resist to post it Smile
Main focus here was mixing of basses and drums.
Some trippiness have grown in it Smile

100% synthesis of course.

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

This track has improved a lot since last version. It is looped for Xonotic using Ogg tags. I didn't test it in-game but it should work fine. I'd be very happy if someone could test it in-game Smile

And of course (am I writing this word right?) I hope you'll like this track and that It will make playing Xonotic more fun/exciting/eargasmic if you'll get to like it enough to include it in 1.0.

Re(g/t)ards!

Wow, I'm really liking the 35.4 and 35.5 tracks. They sound like really good videogame music, something that ironically has been absent in most videogames for the last 7 years.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(09-30-2010, 07:39 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Wow, I'm really liking the 35.4 and 35.5 tracks. They sound like really good videogame music, something that ironically has been absent in most videogames for the last 7 years.

Thanks Smile I'am pleased to read that Smile

No More (v. 4)
[AUDIO]

Just a quick update. I'am not uploading sources for this because due to some bug they are 19 mb big.

I think I got some nice pulsing bass, I see lots of room for improvement, Work In Progress...

wtf did you do with the bass instrument from the second version? sorry, it sounds horrible now.

and i don't like the pulsing bass, it does not fit.

sorry again, but version 4 is a step back from version 2 in my opinion.

No More (v. 5)
[AUDIO]

Check out this JayKay, it's much better Smile

Yeah, that bass was screwed totally... IDK how could I do this to it... now it's back to normal. Just eq-ed a bit.

And the whole got longer. Now it's 5 min 19 sec, and has some more variation in melody. I think I'am going to alter the bass sound and make several slightly different sounds because it's boring when it plays so long and is the same.

I've spent today about an hour with this looped in BG playing Nexuiz (cheers, Mr. 4m!) and I was pleased. Anyone else wants to test if it's good in-game?

Analogish (v. 2)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Here is the second version of my tune inspired by the sounds of Polivoks:
[YOUTUBE]

Regression (v. 1)
[AUDIO]

A piece of stuff I've made today with Hydrogen, Ardour, a mixer, a keyboard and some cables Big Grin

Mummy (v. 1)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Another one! Big Grin
Another one fully synthesized with LMMS.
I was playing Nexuiz with it in bg, and I was almost always last Big Grin But that propably doesn't have anything to do with the music Wink

Damn, this new track is probably some of the best work you've done. A little on the short side, but sounds pretty good. Can definitely frag to this.

(11-25-2010, 06:46 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Damn, this new track is probably some of the best work you've done. A little on the short side, but sounds pretty good. Can definitely frag to this.

Thanks Smile

I was looking for some old stuff I've made and I've found some interesting ones. Might be worth further work.

Hamster (v. 1)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

36 (v. 1)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Balance (v. 2)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Who said spammin' tunes isn't fun?

Waves (v. 2)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

New tune!

Flowing drum&bass like thing with a thick feel.

I hope you'll like it Smile

How do you guys feel about Waves? Personally I fell that the main bass/lead instrument is repeating it's part too much, but I'am not sure it this is bad. It propably is, and I have to work on this one to give it some refreshing touch, so it can be fatigueless listened to for 15 minutes Smile

Anyone was fragging with this playing in BG? Share how did it feel! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC kay 590 675,169 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  An attempt to produce a background music - decadium derrant 2 2,192 09-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: derrant
Music Music from out side forum Kotangens 4 2,803 08-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic music has Royalty? Narutex216Bits 1 2,383 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  Xonotic OST (Officially Accepted Music) Mirio 18 33,141 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  Free sfx for your music. djwayn 1 5,104 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: djwayn
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,601 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Low interest in music development - why? unfa 28 30,043 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Jar-El
  I would like to use Xonotic's music in my Red Eclipse fork 98digger 3 5,715 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: machine!
  Orchestral music for Xonotic BuddyFriendGuy 9 13,969 07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy