Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
unfa's music | Space Pirates (v.04)

Music 
[Image: banner.png]

Welcome to my music thread here on Xonotic.org! Fell free to comment - any feedback is very appreciated (except "lol dis sux" and "lol dis rox") Smile Also don't hesitate to remix my stuff, just grab the source file and drop me a line about what you've done with it Smile

Tracks are listed with all their previous versions. Oldest tracks/versions are located lower. Newest stuff is on top.

Xonotic soundtrack propositions:

Space Pirates (v. 04)
[OGG AUDIO] [LMMS SOURCE]

Eureka (v. 07)

Wonderful (v. 04)

Hit Me In The Phase (v. 5)

Robot Head
[OGG AUDIO] [MP3 AUDIO]

Heavy Metal
v. 6
[A]

Stone Hard

UMDCDTS
[MP3 AUDIO] [OGG AUDIO] [LMMS SOURCE]

Dreaming
[AUDIO] [SITE]

Inverted (v. 4)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Beat (v. 1)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Loopy-Schwoopy Tune (v. 2)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]
v. 1
[A] [S]

Waves (v. 3)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]
v. 2
[A] [S]

Hamster (v. 1)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

36 (v. 1)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Mummy (v. 1)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Regression (v. 1)
[AUDIO]

Analogish (final)
[AUDIO]
v.2
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Balance (v. 2)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]
v. 1
[A] [S]

No More (v. 5)
[AUDIO]
v. 4
[A]
v. 2
[A] [S]

Experiment (v. 4)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

35 (v. 5)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]
v. 4
[A] [S]
v. 1
[S]

33 (v. 3)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]
v. 2
[A] [S]
v. 1
[A] [S]

29 (v. 4)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]
v. 3.1
[A] [S]
v. 3
[A] [S]
v. 2
[A] [S]
v. 1
[A] [S]

25 (v. 6)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]
v. 5
[A] [S]
v. 3
[A] [S]
v. 2
[A] [S]

23 (v. 8)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]
v. 7
[A] [S]
v. 6
[A] [S]
v. 5
[A] [S]
v. 4
[A] [S]
v. 3
[A] [S]

Other unreleated (made with OpenMPT):

Ziemny Ambient (Ground Ambient) - rather peacefull (but goes dark at the end!)
[A]
Portability Test - lots of distorted dark sounds (they might get you high)
[A]
einlamron.ein (lamron.ton)
[A]
Take Off Your Mask one of the most *finished* works of mine
[A]
Take Off Your Mask (dark mix) same as above but with lower basses
[A]
8Bit nice apreggios out there I think
[A]
Rusty Tower - Kick@$$!!
[A]
Watch The Dragon! chiptunish - starts happy then goes DARRK!
[A]
Ekstrakt (Extract)
[A]
Mina Pressed Sycdomc name was made of 'Compressed Dynamics'
[A]
Elphonia an epic piece of sound
[A]
He Wants Your Love drum'n'bass
[A]
Winter Float airy tune
[A]
Black Hill that was a nice dark havy one...
[A]
Tricks simple and mostly happy
[A]
5000 RPM fast and insane
[A]
Paper solo guitar darrk tune
[A]

Wanna more?
[DIRECTORY]

I release this for free use inside Xonotic under the same license as Xonotic. If used outside Xonotic - this contetn is licensed under the CC 3.0 BY-NC license: [LICENSE]
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

AWESOME! It sounds like something that I would hear from a mid 90s CD game and sounds like it would suit Xonotic pretty well.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I'am really glad to hear that Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Whoa, I like this a lot. Man I love that bass line and that eerie pad on top, the drums make it all fit nicely. Honestly, tho most music people have posted lately is quite good, this is my favorite so far. I never commented on music before because I always disable music while playing (I want to hear the game sound without distractions) so I feel it's not my place to give opinions, but this song is something I could see myself listening to while playing, so, good job mr. unfa.

Hehehe classic! LMMS is a fun program to use it must be said Smile

Thank you, nifrek Smile

What do you mean, Sepelio? Smile

I say this NEEDS to get in Xonotic along with a lot of SC0RP (menu them especially), BLKRBT (Quiet, Traveler, Variable), and Kay's (Brutal and Unnecessary especially) stuff. Just picking the right tracks out of the ones that were submitted would give Xonotic a soundtrack that most retail games can't even touch.

Oh wait.

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

sorry for the wording, some words might be wrong. please ask if anything is unclear Smile

to the new version: you made the basic sound more dull (?) (you can hear the difference in the first 3 seconds). that is very good imo.

i would suggest that you make this new, high pitched sound at the beginning more clean, atm it is quite scratchy. and imo the parts from 2:08 to 2:58 is too messy. the sound which is going from left to right and back all the time is disturbing; maybe you could try it without the left-right-change?

additionally you made the whole track a bit louder. revert that! Big Grin

and the end is wonderful for looping Smile

after a bit tweaking this has to go into xonotic Big Grin this is really good.

23.3 is probably the best of the two versions, but I don't think it would hurt to have both in the game.

Oh wait.

(04-28-2010, 11:17 AM)jaykay Wrote: to the new version: you made the basic sound more dull (?) (you can hear the difference in the first 3 seconds). that is very good imo.
Yay, I have added some equalisation to the main bass instrument in .4. I think this way it sounds more "dirty". Anyway in .5 I've added some higher frequencies to add more shape to this.

(04-28-2010, 11:17 AM)jaykay Wrote: i would suggest that you make this new, high pitched sound at the beginning more clean, atm it is quite scratchy.
Done. Now it sounds much smoother.

(04-28-2010, 11:17 AM)jaykay Wrote: and imo the parts from 2:08 to 2:58 is too messy. the sound which is going from left to right and back all the time is disturbing; maybe you could try it without the left-right-change?
Messy part unmessed. I was worried of it by my self before Smile Thanks for giving me impulse to fix that Smile
Panning effect made slight to not disturb.

(04-28-2010, 11:17 AM)jaykay Wrote: additionally you made the whole track a bit louder. revert that! Big Grin
Oh, yeah. Loudness war is dangerous. Need to be careful Wink Gonna turn it down a bit... oh, I forgot to do it. In .6 it won't be so loud Smile

(04-28-2010, 11:17 AM)jaykay Wrote: and the end is wonderful for looping Smile

after a bit tweaking this has to go into xonotic Big Grin this is really good.
Thank you very much Smile

(04-29-2010, 04:38 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: 23.3 is probably the best of the two versions, but I don't think it would hurt to have both in the game.
Could you say some more, why do you prefer .3? That would be helpful Smile I hope you'll like the .5 even more Big Grin

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

this sound at 0:25 is genius. at 0:35 and 2:19 the main theme gets too silent imo.

you should use this sound more often. maybe make a part only with this as main-theme-player....

overall its the best version imo. well done Smile

Thanks Smile

I made it less repetetive a bit by varing some patterns in time, also added some more gentle keys in the background. This will most likely be the final version:

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]
(04-29-2010, 02:40 PM)jaykay Wrote: you should use this sound more often. maybe make a part only with this as main-theme-player....
Could you explain? I don't get what's about main-theme player. And... what sound should I use more often? Some instrument?

(04-30-2010, 02:59 AM)unfa Wrote:
(04-29-2010, 02:40 PM)jaykay Wrote: you should use this sound more often. maybe make a part only with this as main-theme-player....
Could you explain? I don't get what's about main-theme player. And... what sound should I use more often? Some instrument?
i meant the sound at 0:25. you use it only once, but it is so good and fits perfectly that you should use it more often, maybe even add a part where this "instrument" gets an own melody...

i dont like this monotonic, high buzzing sound starting at 2:28.

the main beat was smoother at the beginning of 23.5. in 23.6 it is "sharper" at the beginning and gets smoot at 0:10. that was better in 23.5.

the part from 0:38 to 0:50 sounds more chaotic than in 23.5, too chaotic imo.

in 23.4 you had a sound starting at 2:07w hich was choppy (?). i liked this choppyness, but the sound was too chaotic.

Meanwhile I'am going to upload some of my previous creations. All of those are made in OpenMPT. Those are mostly finished or unfinished (what?), some of them are really good, it could be very hard to edit any of those. I'am not sure if they are signed with my name... anyway - they appeared in the first post.

very nice Smile

i don't want to annoy you, and i know you wrote the track is finished, but two small issues:

the sound at 2:08 is too loud and ends too abrupt. the new instruments melody is always the same and ends a bit abrupt too.

the new instrument and the new part starting at 3:24 are awesome.

please make a .8 Big Grin

Alright, I will. But that would be the last one Tongue Thanks for your assistance, jaykay Wink

Now to the .8:
- some single long soft keys hits turned down
- not so repetitive melody for the soft keys that start at 2:34
- more interesting stuff with the "choppy" lead instruments in part that starts at 3:25
- now it would loop best from the end to 0:25 Tongue and for that I see three options to solve this problem:

- cut off the intro to make song loop nicely (would be a little pity)
- extend the song so the climax at the end is not wasted - but that would make this song 5 or 6 minutes long which I don't like
- implement into Xonotic some music system that will let me loop the song not only from beginning to the end but from point A to point B. I started another thread for this: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=359

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

awesome. very well done Smile

(05-03-2010, 08:46 AM)jaykay Wrote: awesome. very well done Smile

Thank you so much for your help on this one Smile

23 is done, now it's time for...

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

(05-03-2010, 09:15 AM)unfa Wrote:
(05-03-2010, 08:46 AM)jaykay Wrote: awesome. very well done Smile

Thank you so much for your help on this one Smile

23 is done, now it's time for...

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Now THAT sounds like videogame music. Something I haven't really heard a lot of in videogames lately.

Oh wait.

Thanks, Lee Smile
Here is the next version. Improved a lot. I think the main rig is rather done. Now just tweaks, tweaks, tweaks, tweaks and tweaks Smile
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Improved indeed.

Oh wait.

sorry, i don't like it that much. the sounds which are added at 0:40 (i think drums and bass) just don't fit to the rest. they're just... normal while the rest (the "instruments" which played at the beginning) are something completely different.

(05-05-2010, 01:31 AM)jaykay Wrote: sorry, i don't like it that much. the sounds which are added at 0:40 (i think drums and bass) just don't fit to the rest. they're just... normal while the rest (the "instruments" which played at the beginning) are something completely different.
Hmm.. I had a big problem with adding proper bass to drums in that parts with drums Tongue Maybe it isn't perfect yet. I'am going to make my best out of it Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC kay 590 675,184 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  An attempt to produce a background music - decadium derrant 2 2,192 09-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: derrant
Music Music from out side forum Kotangens 4 2,803 08-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic music has Royalty? Narutex216Bits 1 2,383 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  Xonotic OST (Officially Accepted Music) Mirio 18 33,142 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  Free sfx for your music. djwayn 1 5,104 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: djwayn
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,602 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Low interest in music development - why? unfa 28 30,043 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Jar-El
  I would like to use Xonotic's music in my Red Eclipse fork 98digger 3 5,715 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: machine!
  Orchestral music for Xonotic BuddyFriendGuy 9 13,969 07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy