Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TourianTourist is playing now

[Image: Errr....Hi-there-Joker.......jpg]

I'm one of those many German players who recently got into Xonotic because of Gronkh's show. I never heard about Xonotic or Nexuiz before, which is a shame, because I always enjoyed these kind of arena shooters.

It all started with Turok: Rage Wars on the N64. No, this is not a joke, that was my first "big" multiplayer shooter game, which was kind of fun. Naturally I progressed to the PC playing Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament. I really enjoyed the latter and sticked with the Unreal series for a long time, playing all Unreal games including the popular UT2004 and even the stylish Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict on the Xbox.

However, after that I stopped playing shooters for a while. It wasn't until early 2010 that I had the horsepower to play UT3. I mostly played that shooter in the last two and a half years, it has its issues (like the menu and especially the server browser), but the core gameplay is great and with HOLP maps it's a very enjoyable arena shooter. I also tried Quake Live, but that's just not how I like my shooters.

So, here comes Xonotic. And it's great. It's strength for me personally is that it does everything right, what UT3 and Quake Live did wrong. It already starts with the menu, it's lightweight, fully customizable and always ready. Like in good old UT. I also enjoy the fast bunny hopping. xD Xonotic is definitely interesting and I will keep playing.

I also made some maps for UT and UT200x. Maybe I'll get back into mapping with Xonotic's editor, I'll already have some ideas. But not in the next months, because I'm too busy with some other projects (where Xonotic is perfect for in between).

Next to shooters like UT and Xonotic I enjoy playing Minecraft on the PC. And I'm one of those guys who buys Nintendo stuff to play Zelda and Metroid, I just can't help it, I love those games. xD Well, but that's pretty much it. I don't own a Xbox360 or a PS3, nor do I like modern shooters like CoD or Battlefied.
[Image: 13320.png]

Howdy.

Quote: Xonotic is definitely interesting

That's exactly what's kept me playing. Smile

wow ... im a minecraft/nintendo stuff ... person too ...

(although I'm still stuck on gamecube :3 )

Hi.

What a nice introduction! Welcome to Xonotic, and you might want to have a look at the basic basics thread, although you already seem to know your stuff pretty well :o)

Looking forward to seeing you in-game!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

howdy? Welcome to Xonotic!

Quote:howdy?

RIGHT... THAT'S IT!

*Rocknroll237 prepares to murder Justin with his Glock...*

Welcome to Xonotic!

Welcome! So, you're a UT guy too? =) I guess I know exactly what you mean when you say "Quake Live is not how I like my shooters". For me that was even the case with Nexuiz, when I checked it out for the first time some years ago. It just had this "quake-ish" feeling to it... Xonotic however, it really feels like a perfect mix of UT and Quake!

Looking forward to seeing you on the servers again! Also be sure to show up in the IRC channels, apart from the forum that's where the most off-game action goes on Smile
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

(09-21-2012, 01:47 AM)zykure Wrote: Welcome! So, you're a UT guy too? =) I guess I know exactly what you mean when you say "Quake Live is not how I like my shooters". For me that was even the case with Nexuiz, when I checked it out for the first time some years ago. It just had this "quake-ish" feeling to it...
Xonotic still has a "quake-ish" feeling to it imho. It's a lot faster than UT, you have the typical space maps, jump pads and so on. From UT you get secondary firemodes and dodging, but the latter never gets used online and doesn't feel right anyway. So, to me Xonotic feels more like Quake than UT.

But that's not what I meant about Quake Live. While I prefer the UT gameplay, Quake can be still fun though. So, my problem with Quake Live was not the game, but everything around it. You know the whole start from browser / free to play system. To play custom maps and mods, you have to pay for a premium account. And even if you do so, you can't install your own custom maps and mods. By now you even have large distracting advertisements in the maps. While you're having a nice DM on Campgrounds, the game tells you to buy Call of Duty. It's a joke. And I'm not paying for an inferior version of a game, which I already own.

Welcome!

Welcome, glad to have you on board. The more the merrier as I always say!

Hello Smile
[Image: 11436.png] (PLAY/Drunk/Rudi_Aut ^^)

Hallo Landsmann Smile Schau auch mal auf dem Instaserver vorbei.
[Image: 2405.png]

(09-26-2012, 11:07 AM)Micha Wrote: Hallo Landsmann Smile Schau auch mal auf dem Instaserver vorbei.
Klaro. Insta find ich in Xonotic übrigens sehr geil gemacht.

(Instagib in Xonotic is awesome.)

Welcome to Xonotic !

I saw you on DCC's servers a few days ago Smile

Welcome Big Grin
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

(10-01-2012, 04:48 AM)SpiKe! Wrote: Welcome to Xonotic !

I saw you on DCC's servers a few days ago Smile
I remember you, we had a nice and fun duel on Warfare until some other players joined and ruined the match. Big Grin But we should repeat that some time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello all, i am here about playing this game eyeofpara 1 2,414 10-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Been playing on/off for a bit but... wxyzzyrd 3 3,151 04-16-2018, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  Hi i just started playing and _exclusive 12 7,994 08-29-2014, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  Getting back in to PC gaming and started playing mute86 3 3,837 03-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Last Post: DauX
  So, I'm on the forums now! KingPimpCommander 4 3,811 06-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SouL
  Now then... What's this forum thing about...? MrDetonia 5 4,412 04-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Jhonny