Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] In-game IRC?

Hey guys, I thought it would be a neat idea to develop an in-game IRC mini client. I always see some people on IRC while they are playing the game, but I just thought it would be cool to be able to access the chat rooms using Xonotic as well...

What do you guys think?

Well we are planning to use IRC in some various different ways, but it requires being coded. There have been ~3 attempts at integrating IRC into the engine, but none of them really fleshed out as people did it independently from the dev team and never followed up when requested.

If you're interested in coding this, get in contact with me and i'll set you up with a dev environment and all that... But otherwise, it's not a priority for our team right now.

If you can find an IRC client with skinning abilities you might want to make a few Xonotic skins Smile

I think if your gona develop an in-game irc client at least give the options to turn it off or on or make a separate window like UT2004.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Add pickup bot to official IRC channel? poVoq 2 2,013 06-12-2020, 02:13 PM
Last Post: poVoq