Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic Community Movie | Xonotic 0.6 [HD]

Very good frag(s)movie! Smile

Concerning ingame sounds: I realised that too, at least the laser and the hit sounds seem to be custom ones (I think you edited them right?). So it´s not the video´s or music´s fault... just personal preferences... Wink

[Off-topic]
Could we possibly let ZeRoQL make the default HUD config for next release, they look a bit nicer than the current default IMO
[/Off-topic]

Very good music and editing Wink. Most frags are decent, some really awesome! Although I think it's a bit long, my head is dizzy after watching it Big Grin

Update: I watched it a second time. I know you're not going to do any changes, but I have these four minor things to rant about Smile (don't feel offended please)
1) The beep sound made by the rocket launcher once you start guiding the rocket is horribly loud and hurts my ears. Due to this sound I have to reduce the overall volume which is too bad, because I personally like the music and the general editing
2) Similar problem with the announcer sounds: they are too loud compared to the rest. They somehow feel to me as if they stick out of everything else.
3) The amount of particles spawned is too much. I often have the problem that I don't even "see" the frags, because they are covered by so many VFXs, like smoke or funny particles. Best examples are the teleporters and blood from killed opponents, they produce way too much. It's already hard to spot what's going on in general, due to the high detailed textures.
4) at around 7:30 the frag with the electro plasma balls reflected by the jumppad: if someone does not know that map he has no idea what's going on, or why the frag is so "unbelievable" as Antibody is commenting. You really should include a second camera perspective that shows what actually happened.

Also sometimes it feels as if some parts of the action were artificially accelerated (1.5x speed for example). Maybe that's just me not having played the game in such a long time, or not really knowing Xonotic to begin with (just Nexuiz).

(10-06-2012, 08:02 AM)GreEn`mArine Wrote: Very good music and editing Wink. Most frags are decent, some really awesome! Although I think it's a bit long, my head is dizzy after watching it Big Grin

Update: I watched it a second time. I know you're not going to do any changes, but I have these four minor things to rant about Smile (don't feel offended please)
1) The beep sound made by the rocket launcher once you start guiding the rocket is horribly loud and hurts my ears. Due to this sound I have to reduce the overall volume which is too bad, because I personally like the music and the general editing
2) Similar problem with the announcer sounds: they are too loud compared to the rest. They somehow feel to me as if they stick out of everything else.
3) The amount of particles spawned is too much. I often have the problem that I don't even "see" the frags, because they are covered by so many VFXs, like smoke or funny particles. Best examples are the teleporters and blood from killed opponents, they produce way too much. It's already hard to spot what's going on in general, due to the high detailed textures.
4) at around 7:30 the frag with the electro plasma balls reflected by the jumppad: if someone does not know that map he has no idea what's going on, or why the frag is so "unbelievable" as Antibody is commenting. You really should include a second camera perspective that shows what actually happened.

Also sometimes it feels as if some parts of the action were artificially accelerated (1.5x speed for example). Maybe that's just me not having played the game in such a long time, or not really knowing Xonotic to begin with (just Nexuiz).

1.) Well ye, ingame sound is little bit high.Cant do anything about it now, but for next movie i will fix that.
2.) One of mine friend (movie maker) wanted me to remove all announcer sounds, coz he got bored of him saying AIR SHOT all the time.But i allready captured all frags like that so, it would be alot of work doing it all over again and stuff Smile
3.) I wanted show how game looks in high quality, but i guess for next movie less particles Smile
4.) Most ppl understand that frag, they are not retarded Big Grin and i also tried do add camera view but it didnt work, kojn was to far or something, so it didnt register in demo.

Thanks for criticism Smile i will know how to improve my next movies in future.
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

About 4: I'm not saying that I don't understand the frag, I realize that the balls are deflected, and that the opponent (by random luck) was right at the point in the air so that they could hit him. But it would have been nice to see the opponent die.

Due to the occlusion handling on the server (anti-wallhack), the opponent would not be included in the demo of the fragger, but if you manage to get the demo from the victim, you could show the frag from the third perspective (or maybe even from the first perspective of the victim).

Also, since you seem to do a lot of recording anyway, let me point out that you should really use the Nexuiz demo recorder I created a few years back, because it will work with Xonotic just fine. Given that you maintain your frag clips with that tool, you can simply re-record all frags with different graphics settings (or with a pk3 that silences announcer sounds) with the click of a button, have it record everything overnight.

oh man, you should gave me that before i started the movie Sad but anyways nice work on the app very usefull!
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy

Very much enjoyed the movie Smile

Some constructive critism:
Some frags just feld like they didn't belong in a fragmovie. I saw for example you, zeroql, failing at rocketjumping, missing a ton of shots, turn around and make one nice nexshot. I made shots like that too, with only one missed shot before them, but just didn't give them to you, because they weren't perfect. In a fragmovie, missing one shot can be ok sometimes, but more... no.
If you are watching a fragmovie you expect godlike skills: amazing frags (as ridiculous as possible), perfect aim, perfect movement. Quite a few frags are like that, but there are a few where someone just misses a ton of shots, bumps in walls, and that is just very bad for the pace of the movie, and it's general awesomeness.

Quote:If you are watching a fragmovie you expect godlike skills: amazing frags (as ridiculous as possible), perfect aim, perfect movement.
That's why we all wait for Mepper: The Movie

(10-07-2012, 08:26 AM)zeroql Wrote: oh man, you should gave me that before i started the movie Sad but anyways nice work on the app very usefull!

I told you about this when you first started to record, but you paid no attention!!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(10-07-2012, 12:10 PM)asyyy Wrote:
Quote:If you are watching a fragmovie you expect godlike skills: amazing frags (as ridiculous as possible), perfect aim, perfect movement.
That's why we all wait for Mepper: The Movie

What about kojn the movie ? Big Grin

Was this submitted to Reddit for example?

And ofc - unbelievable video.

nop, but you can post it there if u want Smile just paste here the link so i can update the main post

There was one already it seems? Also has a small discussion on it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1...what_some/

Or is Majki's post different in any way that I - unfamiliar with Reddit - do not know? Smile
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Quick! everyone upvote the reddit post!

PinkRobot, Reddit is categorized in "reddits", also called "subreddits" for clarity. They are mostly independant. Majki posted it to /r/gaming which is a hellhole but is also a subreddit that is visible on the front page by default (for logged in and logged out users).

The link you posted is a submission to the /r/Games subreddit, which aims to be /r/gaming without the circlejerking. This is helped by it not being a default subreddit. It's less visible but the mindset is much more mature. Then, it has also been posted on /r/linux_gaming (post) which is a more specialized subreddit with not a lot of subscribers.

It got the most attention in /r/Games, which is a good thing IMHO.

Great movie Zeroql, thumbs up! Btw, our friend Gronkh promoted the movie on his twitter, thus the high viewer numbers on youtube recently :-)

kojn: CONFIRMED TO BE A 50 BPM, INHUMAN-REFLEX ROCKET LAUNCHER MAGICIAN.

That. Was. AWESOME!

Great job to everyone included, you are all awesome at this game (and this only goes to further your egos!) and you all performed just as amazingly well, at least in that video. Smile

I couldn't help but feel like some of the shots, especially those faraway shots with the sniper rifle were lucky at best. Wink

And I really do wonder if fisume plays with blood settings that high, LOL. Or maybe he just gets endless headshots and gibs.

if sounds are needed to be sorted next time , then let me know.

t

:^
[Image: 227.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video XONOTIC DUEL CUP #10 HIGHLIGHTS (ZENSPORTS & ROCKET JUMP ZONE) zeroql 0 971 11-11-2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,602 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  DOXA TOURNAMENT - Frag movie zeroql 0 1,667 04-26-2020, 04:46 PM
  [Frag movie] Mirification #9 Mirio 4 3,764 03-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,658 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
Video Xonotic frag movie betas zeroql 0 1,859 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
  [Frag movie] Mirification #8 Mirio 0 3,964 02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,848 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
Video Xonotic: Movie collection zeroql 8 13,896 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  F*CKMEGEDDON: A Xonotic Frag Movie Smilecythe 15 14,796 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Last Post: rixur