Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@ Archer's new Dark Horizon

(10-08-2012, 11:18 AM)Archer Wrote: Submission for my track Dark Horizon, it was finished for a long time, but I forgot to optimize some bits and pieces here and there, now it's done and ready for ingame usage.

This one is best suited for dark maps, think of graveyards, cemeteries, dark fortresses, or some modern ruins!

Track name: Dark Horizon (Click for SoundCloud preview)
OGG file: Dark Horizon.ogg
Source file: x4_8.als

I'll just repeat what I said for my previous tracks, because the same applies to this one:

This track has been made with Ableton Live 8.0.1.

Some of the drum samples are once again part of public soundfonts, but there's a great deal of home-sampled ones as well, mostly playing on the background (you can hear them somewhere in the intro).

All the other instruments are fully synthesized (By me, custom settings), entirely with the Analog synthesizer in Live and a lot of effects.

I hope it's good enough to be included somewhere in a map :]

Damn, it's amazing, I have to say, it is even better than your previous songs! I literally think you should make all songs for the game, your music really have that Xonotic feel IMO, music does much in a game so if all songs where in the same style like yours this "Xonotic feeling" would become even stronger!

(10-08-2012, 01:43 PM)machine! Wrote: Damn, it's amazing, I have to say, it is even better than your previous songs! I literally think you should make all songs for the game, your music really have that Xonotic feel IMO, music does much in a game so if all songs where in the same style like yours this "Xonotic feeling" would become even stronger!

I don't know why I had to merge this post twice into this thread. Weird.

Anyway, you put this reply in a separate thread so I merged it for you Wink

Mr. Bougo!!!!!! Tongue

(09-23-2010, 10:11 AM)divVerent Wrote: NOTE: this is a SUBMISSION THREAD. No discussion is to take place here - create a separate thread for that. Instead, you are to submit files (via URLs) here, and I take them to our official music submissions list, then delete the post so I can always easily see which tracks I still have to add. If discussion IS started here, I ask the moderators to use the "split thread" feature to split it out to a separate thread; do not delete posts that are not submissions, just split them away!

I know I shouldn't be posting, but thank you machine :]. It kinda depends on how others think of it as well.. I actually love some of the music in Xonotic right now.

Anyway, if you want to discuss my/other tracks I think it would be better to post stuff in here: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=173

and then quote my submission from here overthere or something so people know what you're talking about Smile

EDIT: Nvm I did that already, discuss there Big Grin
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

(10-08-2012, 02:53 PM)machine! Wrote: Mr. Bougo!!!!!! Tongue

(09-23-2010, 10:11 AM)divVerent Wrote: NOTE: this is a SUBMISSION THREAD. No discussion is to take place here - create a separate thread for that. Instead, you are to submit files (via URLs) here, and I take them to our official music submissions list, then delete the post so I can always easily see which tracks I still have to add. If discussion IS started here, I ask the moderators to use the "split thread" feature to split it out to a separate thread; do not delete posts that are not submissions, just split them away!

Oh my! I'm very, very sorry about that. I completely missed the point. It's split back now Smile

(EDIT: Just a suggestion, could you quote the post you're referring to in your first post up there? By this I mean the entire quote block that you get when you hit "reply", so that we get a reference to the original thread.)

EDIT2: I want to merge this into the discussion thread Archer mentions in his post here, but I'll wait for your permission this time ;P

(10-08-2012, 05:10 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Oh my! I'm very, very sorry about that. I completely missed the point. It's split back now Smile

(EDIT: Just a suggestion, could you quote the post you're referring to in your first post up there? By this I mean the entire quote block that you get when you hit "reply", so that we get a reference to the original thread.)

EDIT2: I want to merge this into the discussion thread Archer mentions in his post here, but I'll wait for your permission this time ;P

NP! I did add quote to Archer's songs post. Smile

(10-08-2012, 03:06 PM)Archer Wrote: I know I shouldn't be posting, but thank you machine :]. It kinda depends on how others think of it as well.. I actually love some of the music in Xonotic right now.

Anyway, if you want to discuss my/other tracks I think it would be better to post stuff in here: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=173

and then quote my submission from here overthere or something so people know what you're talking about Smile

EDIT: Nvm I did that already, discuss there Big Grin

Big Grin

Hmm, now we can discuss it here as Archer mention I guess, hmm this thread became quite messed up... sorry about that! XD

sounds like TRON music Big Grin
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music New track (WIP) - Toxic Sludge (New name = Sulphur) Archer 12 12,830 10-26-2021, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  Track: "Dark Space" - techno / house unfa 0 2,983 02-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Last Post: unfa