Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] 2 vehicle ideas

1. a standard mech with 2 legs like this:
[Image: MechA.gif]

2. a hybrid of turret and vehicle

my idea is to place a turret and if you link(target,targetname) a seat to it you can control the turret and you see the world how the turret would see it
but if youre not in the seat the turret is inactive or maybe with a spawnflag of the seat it will become a standard turret

and the seat can be anywhere as far awy from the turret as you want but the seat isnt moveable, indestructable but the driver can easily be killed and the turret receives damage if you shoot it
if the turret is destroyed your point of view will be at the seat

this would be nice for vehicle maps, assault, ons, ...

Well, I don't play vehicles but the first one seems just like the Spider but with two legs, and iirc there's a repairing vehicle which have a spot for a gunner in it. Smile

I like the second idea, but the first is really just a different model/animation on the crawler.

The second one looks like a manned turret. I like it.

He first one is... i think ther should be a mech that would differ from the spider by beeing higher, faster and weaker.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(10-27-2012, 12:05 PM)aa Wrote: The second one looks like a manned turret. I like it.

He first one is... i think ther should be a mech that would differ from the spider by beeing higher, faster and weaker.

yes you could enter every turret... just not sure if it makes sense to enter a tesla but it would be funny

yes it should be faster and with lower armor and the weapons are machinegun like the spiderbot and a seeker like missile launcher but not too powerful
i mean it would be cool to have another walking vehicle

and i know the repairing vehicle its cool but imho the driver should be able to control the guns if noone

Quote: it would be cool to have another walking vehicle

Yeah, I think it would be nice to have another walking vehicle. Smile

by the way, i had never seen the "repairing vehicle" (BumbleBee, i persume?). Which maps have it?
Havving no acces to weapons sounds bad, the driver should have a small mg.

(10-27-2012, 12:47 PM)aa Wrote: by the way, i had never seen the "repairing vehicle" (BumbleBee, i persume?). Which maps have it?
Havving no acces to weapons sounds bad, the driver should have a small mg.

the driver can only heal primary and secondary afaik so if youe alone you cant do anything except flying

if all turrets can be manned, then wats the point of idea 2? Remote manned turrets?
And how do you man a turret?

edit: i got the idea № wrong. corrrected now.

idea 1 is a mech you can drive it like the spiderbot but its faster and light armored the point is to have another vehicle which is weaker but faster than the spider bot and slower but stronger than the speeder

idea 2 are remotely manned turrets and you enter a seat which can be everywhere but the seat has no guns itself you can control a turret with it and turrets are those standing guns which automatically shoot you

(in the previous post i meant that fat airvehicle)

(10-27-2012, 01:07 PM)aa Wrote: if all turrets can be manned, then wats the point of idea 2? Remote manned turrets?
And how do you man a turret?

manable turrets have been planned for a while, but they probably never be realized as there is no developer for turrets anymore.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

tZork will be back! Smile

Wink 
Will he??? You made my day!!!

How about a mecha that would for it's mobility operate like players? As in you could do bunny hopping etc..?

(11-08-2012, 08:08 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: How about a mecha that would for it's mobility operate like players? As in you could do bunny hopping etc..?

how about a jetpack instead.

If you want something like a car, a tank, a plane, or a helicopter I can make the code for you. I've added several of such things to a secret unreleased (much, it's released somewhere and is opensource of course) version of xonotic. My version of xonotic has 12 vehicles.

(11-09-2012, 06:46 AM)HellYeah Wrote: If you want something like a car, a tank, a plane, or a helicopter I can make the code for you. I've added several of such things to a secret unreleased (much, it's released somewhere and is opensource of course) version of xonotic. My version of xonotic has 12 vehicles.

Sounds interesting, keep us posted! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,069 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Assault map ideas Lee_Stricklin 8 12,419 03-29-2015, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] Vehicle dynamics suggestion-damping factor zwz 6 7,620 07-10-2014, 05:10 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Some unique ideas about single player level design zwz 0 3,520 05-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Last Post: zwz
  [SUGGESTION] Some unique ideas about single player level design zwz 0 3,350 05-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: zwz
  [SUGGESTION] Some ideas from my FPS experience simbian 6 7,536 02-11-2014, 03:50 AM
Last Post: thimo
  [SUGGESTION] per-weapon/vehicle camera toggling Lee_Stricklin 5 6,153 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [SUGGESTION] Ideas on how to make the game more accessible spamyak 6 7,775 08-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Last Post: edh
  [SUGGESTION] A vehicle Tank Idea aa 13 11,933 08-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: satuim
  [SUGGESTION] Singleplayer ideas thread ThePWTULN 13 18,456 04-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Last Post: aa