Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] I broke my hud... :(

EDIT: Issue resolved by typing
Quote:hud_panel_healtharmor_size "0.45 .08"
in console via mudkip's suggestion on IRC. This allowed me to drag and resize the panel again.

I was messing around with the panelHUD editor and dragged the health/armor panel to be the full size of the screen.
[Image: BV1NK.png]
Now I can't drag the panel or resize it, so i'm forced disable the panel entirely.

Is there any way to reset to default the HUD?

There seriously needs to be a big ol' button for that.

there does ...

deleting your config will reset to default hud .... but it will delete all your other configs too ...

Is there any way i can fix it without deleting my config?

Could i just edit it or is it like a million lines?

solved. see edit to main post.

What are you talking about, that seems like a cool hud to me.

I agree that there should be a way to get out of these situations without resetting everything or changing cvars by hand... But that's a problem for when the HUD system gets rewritten, I think.

(10-11-2012, 12:58 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I agree that there should be a way to get out of these situations without resetting everything or changing cvars by hand... But that's a problem for when the HUD system gets rewritten, I think.

Hm, we already have default values for *all* cvars, and the config system shows which values were changed. (I'm talking about the red "config editor" in the main menu.) To reset your hud, all you have to do is reset all cvars beginning with "hud_" to their default values. Actually that is were I found some of the "hidden" features the HUD has ;-)
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

(10-12-2012, 02:05 PM)zykure Wrote: Hm, we already have default values for *all* cvars, and the config system shows which values were changed. (I'm talking about the red "config editor" in the main menu.) To reset your hud, all you have to do is reset all cvars beginning with "hud_" to their default values. Actually that is were I found some of the "hidden" features the HUD has ;-)

Sure, but that resets your entire HUD config. All you want to do in this situation is undo the one thing that got messed up, and not loose the rest of the work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [NEEDS INFO] Mapvote broke lol Acidphase 0 2,463 08-31-2013, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Acidphase
  [NEEDS INFO] x11 update broke netradiant theShadow 3 4,950 04-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Last Post: theShadow
  [SOLVED] framestep 10 broke my video? infested999 2 4,141 01-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  [SOLVED] disable hud and gun for screenshots Minkovsky 3 7,117 10-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Minkovsky
  [BUG] HUD Editing Glitch - Replicating Cursor Friskydingo 0 2,279 10-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Friskydingo
  [SOLVED] Problem with HUD [SOLVED] ThePWTULN 4 4,445 08-03-2010, 06:00 AM
Last Post: FruitieX