Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clan Recruitment - Days of Dour - 2020

Brick 
Greetings,

I've been working on a website project related to a gaming clan exclusively for xonotic. The project aims to create a group of like-minded players looking to practice and organize competitive matches.
By ALL MEANS, experienced players are welcome to join up as well, but i'm speaking to new players looking for a clan... I would like to grow a small-niche community in order to produce tournaments. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5 tourneys are the dream. We have the TECH to produce, we just need the players! I have FIVE I.R.L. friends ready to join up.

We are recruiting!

A separate goal in this clan is simple: make friends. Games are always better with friends. {DoD} utilized both IRC and Discord to make this a cinch for members.

This is a new project, with a NEW discord and NEW website.
Just wanted to post this to like-minded people and see if anyone resonates.  Big Grin

You can check the website here: Days of Dour Website (website is a work in progress).
And here is a link to the discord: Days of Dour Discord (Discord is a work in progress).
Anyone looking to build a new clan, make some new friends, and TRAIN XONOTIC HARDCORE, Please respond!

See you on the server!

- Ridgebeam
Days of Dour {DoD} is a NEW clan recruiting NEW players. Founded in 2020: Game like its 1999

My Stats | Days of Dour Clan Website | Request a Match | Clan Rivalry | Clan Alliance | Join {DoD} | Rank Yourself |

[Image: 170114.jpg]

Heh, this looks quite promising. I myself am not really interested in joining any Xonotic clans anymore, however I'd like to give you folks some advise/tips/tricks to improve your overall skill and performance in your future matches =]. You can do a lot of crazy stuff if executed right, and it's not even hard to learn, you just have to practice it.
[Image: 8848.png]

(07-11-2020, 04:51 AM)RazorDodger Wrote: Heh, this looks quite promising. I myself am not really interested in joining any Xonotic clans anymore, however I'd like to give you folks some advise/tips/tricks to improve your overall skill and performance in your future matches =]. You can do a lot of crazy stuff if executed right, and it's not even hard to learn, you just have to practice it.

Awesome, Thanks RazorDodger!

I realize that Xonotic is not in its infancy, when clans may have been more relevant (or fun). I've only known about the game for less than a year. But one thing is certain, I LOVE OLD SCHOOL CLAN GAMING. I grew up with it, and for that reason, I tend to seek out or create a small-niche community in order to get better at the game and make friends.

With STATS like xonotic keeps, there is a fun Roll-Play element inside the "clan culture" (I.E. - ranks, medals, awards, titles, permissions, rolls, etc.)... Some of which I would like to make use of inside {DoD} depending on numbers and activity.

I have 5 I.R.L. friends that I play all my games with, and they are all FPS players - They will all be "joining" and practicing Xonotic in the coming weeks. So at least there may be a more prevalent presence of {DoD}Clan-tags in Xonotic Servers. And that seems fun  Big Grin

Also, I like designing websites and organizing information - So that is a separate but just as important part of the equation to the FUN I like to create with games I play. 

Days of Dour {DoD} is a NEW clan recruiting NEW players. Founded in 2020: Game like its 1999

My Stats | Days of Dour Clan Website | Request a Match | Clan Rivalry | Clan Alliance | Join {DoD} | Rank Yourself |

(07-11-2020, 04:51 AM)RazorDodger Wrote: Heh, this looks quite promising. I myself am not really interested in joining any Xonotic clans anymore, however I'd like to give you folks some advise/tips/tricks to improve your overall skill and performance in your future matches =]. You can do a lot of crazy stuff if executed right, and it's not even hard to learn, you just have to practice it.

I've been working on the site a bit. Going to work out a few "systems" to gamify the Clan Website a bit. Will take stats directly from members' profiles. Calculated the total = Rank.

A "bounty" system will come soon... I have some fun ideas for the community.

Hey Razor, your videos are awesome by the way.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star New Clan? CISN's New.... [CISN] Neigdoig 0 611 02-07-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Star [NEED HELP] Recruiting Clan Mamber’s (Velocity) Dynamx_FPS 1 1,060 02-07-2024, 08:36 PM
  Anyone interested in me starting a clan? [CISN] Neigdoig 5 2,303 01-12-2023, 10:10 PM
  Clan for women? MarisaG 2 3,378 09-16-2018, 09:18 PM
Last Post: MarisaG
  Would like to join a clan and set up a clan server for free... MarisaG 4 3,896 09-16-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: MarisaG
Rainbow [4-bit]Games community clan. Mysyk 1 2,679 08-25-2018, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Mysyk
  [unconnected] - clan CrrazzyRulezz 28 30,157 02-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Last Post: zykure
  eLeMenT clan is up neXus 15 16,262 10-28-2016, 04:01 PM
Last Post: kwakkiezalf
  [AC] Duel Clan Ch4mp 8 10,545 09-11-2016, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Ch4mp
  Relentless Slaughters [-R|S-] Clan ATOMjke 4 5,988 06-25-2016, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe