Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Downward BETA 3

2nd Beta

- more lights
- better patch texturing
- bad brushes fixed

[Image: galcdmsr8odke6iwxbrf_thumb.jpg][Image: vb4qienm73dqw65rx34_thumb.jpg][Image: n1gtdvzsq0htbk36qzn_thumb.jpg]

Download: last post !

Looks lovely! Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

indeed it does.

I do have a few pointers though, mostly regarding aesthetics.

1) the skybox seems to clash with the rest of the map. Maybe something with a bit of orange glow would be more appropriate, but that's just me.

2)the lava texture seems a bit odd, and you could probably find a better one, but again, that's just me.

although what would be awesome would be an animated lava texture. Wink
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

(05-01-2010, 06:00 PM)theShadow Wrote: 1) the skybox seems to clash with the rest of the map. Maybe something with a bit of orange glow would be more appropriate, but that's just me.
I disagree with you. Blue skybox seems to me well contrasted against orange lava - that are the coulours of Xonotic Smile Looks like this is going to be a main official map Wink

(05-01-2010, 06:00 PM)theShadow Wrote: 2)the lava texture seems a bit odd, and you could probably find a better one, but again, that's just me.

although what would be awesome would be an animated lava texture. Wink
Maybe panning layers of a shader?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

well, maybe he can help by bringing the color of the skybox down into the map. just have some blueish tinted panels. nothing dramatic, just a little hint here and there.

just a thought.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Map looks interestin I just got back in so will check it out, I'm not too sure about these item layouts though cortez..I will give feedback here on it.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

it looks really good. imo there is too much of this yellow-black-warning-....erm, you know what i mean Smile too many maps use that.

as theShadow said, the lava looks a bit odd. and the skymap has a low quality.

the lighting is really good Smile

Loving it so far, with some work this would be a fantastic 1v1 and 2v2tdm map and I'm not saying that to be polite.

However there's a major problem, I think item placement needs work. There is a crazy loop you can use to completely dominate the map. Basically, with some practice to not get stuck and slowdown at the right places, if you laser-out of the rocketlaucher room you can very easily string pick up: rl, mega armor, electro, nex, crylink, mortar and small armor all in under 5 seconds, and come back to rl before it respawns. I'm not sure what to suggest, but maybe moving one of those weapons to either the megahealth room (maybe on the ledge where there's 2 rocket boxes?) or the room with lava and ammo would help. There would be a bit more distance between them and make it impossible (or at least much harder) to pick up all weapons and come back to start point to pick them up as the respawn again.

Visually I love the map, nothing to say there.

EDIT: I think rl and nex are fine where they are, but for other weapons maybe moving one to lava/ammo room (that room could use an important item, but I like that there's no hp/armor there) and another in MH room would spread out weapons quite nicely. I would move mortar for sure.

Spoke to Cortez about this, happy to go over the map with him when he is next online and say where I think he should move some of the items too (mainly ammo and shards/health..like the mortar is not good at the moment).

Think it could be a good 1on1 map too, but i'm guessing the amount of lava around will piss people off will add a lot of luck to it.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

http://www.filefront.com/16390999/downward_b3.pk3

changed the itemplacement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM] Tatami Gash - 1st Beta Rush 1 1,564 05-09-2022, 06:44 AM
Last Post: PenguinMafia
  [CTF/DM/NB] Ascent (beta 5) _para 22 8,027 07-16-2020, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [DM/DOM] - Map Beta - Slagpit Notavi 8 3,269 07-15-2020, 11:36 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy