Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEEDS INFO] Thinking about making a machinima, a few questions...

Video 
I am planning on making a machinima with a few friends and one of the games we are considering is Xonotic. I have a few things I would like to know:

1: most importantly is it possible to make the player's head and arms follow his aim up & down? (without any major code changes, I'd rather not have to build the game myself and I doubt if it came to that I would have the necessary skills)

2: how do you remove the blur effects that happen when health is low or the player is under water? I would record a demo and do the camera work afterward so that is problematic.

3: I used r_letterbox to hide the interface, but player names and the arrow pointing to the strength boost thing (I still don't know exactly what it does...) still showed, how would I disable them?

4: I used camera_enable and camera_free to detach the camera from the recorded player, which works but lets the camera go through geometry. when spectating it is blocked, is there a way to enable that?

5: is there some way to rewind in a recorded demo? that would be somewhat handy...

thanks in advance.

1: no idea
2: hud_contents_blur 0 (for liquid) hud_damage_blur 0 (for damage)
3: use r_draw2d 0 instead of letterbox
4: no idea
5: no idea

wow, that was fast thanks!

one more thing: I can't seem to find a way to move the free camera vertically without looking up or down, how would that be done?

In the terminal or in autoexec.cfg:
Code:
bind a +moveup
bind b +movedown
(replace a and b with whatever keys / buttons you want to use, find out the name of the special ones from the binding menu by trying to bind said keys or buttons to other things)

1: IIRC this would require skeletal animation, which is currently unsupported.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

(10-27-2012, 04:11 AM)Minkovsky Wrote: 1: IIRC this would require skeletal animation, which is currently unsupported.

darn... are there any plans to add it?
Xonotic is better than Red Eclipse (the main other game we are considering) for this in all other ways... Confused I'll have to see what my freinds think...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Making a Private Server LordIrish 2 7,150 03-06-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: LordIrish
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic 0.8 completely froze my Mac a few times Player110 0 2,111 06-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Player110
Information Useful Info: How to ask questions the smart way edh 17 19,517 09-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Last Post: machine!
Tongue [NEEDS INFO] Emily's Dedicated Thread For Questions and Help Seek. emilydale1993 6 6,751 03-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Last Post: edh
  [DISCUSSION] Model-based terrain: Two questions Minkovsky 3 4,599 12-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Minkovsky