Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Source Spotlight: Xonotic

Hi Guys,

I've been making a series called Open Source Spotlight on my YouTube channel, and I've featured Xonotic this week! Really love what you guys have done with this game Smile

Hope you guys like the video, and I hope you don't mind me posting this here, this seemed to be the most relevant place.

Cheers,

ThatDaveCarter

Very nicely done! Smile

As for the weapons, if used RIGHT they can be each very powerful. E.g. the rocketlauncher you used can guide rockets by just holding the left mouse button and move your mouse into some direction. The secondary mode of it detonates the rocket making it easier to hit your opponent in air. Generally it´s easier to aim and shoot at the ground/feet of the opponents with splash weapon (rocketlauncher, grenadelauncher, electro, etc.).

There is a lot to learn in Xonotic even if you won´t expect that from this FPS.

Nice stuff Dave Wink
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

Cool stuff man. For other open source games, you can try out hedgewars, Zero-K, and Unvanquished. Those are some really good ones.

inb4 balance thread! Tongue

Interesting video and someone who likes the menu(?!).

I like the menu too :-).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Thanks for taking the time to review our game!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Very nice ...

thanks

Hi Guys,

Glad you liked the video! As Maddin said if the weapons are used right, they're perfect. I think for me, it was a little bit different than I had expected, that's not to say it's wrong so I hope it didn't come across like that Smile

Cheers,

Dave

No problem, nobody is perfect. Smile

I enjoyed your review very much, great audio quality, great voice to listen to.
Bonus points for the quick and simple explanation of the Xonotic history.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Xonotic Bot Orchestra is now OPEN! divVerent 4 6,000 01-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  7zip won't open file as archive Couch_Potato_MOJOceratops 5 35,359 01-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Spaceman
  Full corresponding source code for Nexuiz 2.5.2? twistedlincoln 8 14,735 06-05-2010, 03:47 AM
Last Post: CuBe0wL