Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Crylink secondary

I'm not up to date when it comes to autobuilds, but I've noticed crylink's secondary got changed quite a bit, it's not as spammy now and much more ammo efficient than it was before.

Discuss.

I like it, but I would rather make the previous secondary more useful by lowering ammo consumption and make the primary have less anti-pull-force.

I dislike it, the earlier state of the crylink could have been adapted to repace the hagar and still serve the same function in CTF as it currently does.

Now with this we still have no beautiful ammo symmetry

[Image: 3RR4Gk75TBzRbQ1C1ara17] ...

I like it ...

It matches the nexuz crylink better ...

I'd like to know how it is different from electro primary. Does it do more or less damage, how much splash does it do, does it have a velocity impact on the target like primary has? I haven't had time to test this lately, so anyone who designed this function might like to enlighten me?

Judging by how it feels I like it.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

It's slower and the shots spread.

Do they really spread? Have to take a close look.
My Xonstats Profile

(11-12-2012, 04:24 AM)Halogene Wrote: Do they really spread? Have to take a close look.

Ok I had a closer look now, it seems it actually has a little bit of spread but that's so low that it's hardly noticeable or hardly has any effect whatsoever. Projectile speed seems to be about the same as electro primary, could be it's a tad slower, but I'm not sure. Refire time is slower than electro primary. Crylink secondary eats two cells, electro primary four. It does more splash damage than electro (33 dmg if you fire straight down to the floor as opposed to 24 dmg with electro), in fact it seems to do ONLY splash damage. When hitting a target directly (head area), it does 33 dmg, electro does 40. When hitting the target at feet area, so with the floor nearby, the damage can go up to 48 with crylink secondary, whereas it seems to stay at 40 with electro. Electro primary seems to have a small push effect from the explosion whereas the splash damage of Crylink secondary drags you towards the one that is shooting.

The splash of crylink secondary is rather powerful, you can shoot the floor two feet beside the target and you will drag the player to that place. The crylink particularity that once one particle hits a target all explode instantly seems to apply also to secondary.

These are my observations, I don't know any numbers about crylink secondary.
My Xonstats Profile

Well, as I said before, this is better than previously but feels a little bit as a quick duct-tape resolution. If fixing the previous instead of creating a new one would be prefered(IMO), since this one may just introduce other problems...

I really like the change of the secondary. For me at least the pull and spread make it an ideal weapon to chase someone who is not in close range, which was something I did feel was lacking a bit before. I believe the crylink has become one of the most balanced weapons for me in terms of primary/secondary usage, so yeah, I like it. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion for the Crylink Halogene 25 23,967 05-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Last Post: rafallus