Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightning Gun Concepts

BTW

Why Morphed is not doing this? I thought he was Royal Modeler for Xonotic Project.

(12-30-2012, 07:15 AM)Majki Wrote: BTW

Why Morphed is not doing this? I thought he was Royal Modeler for Xonotic Project.

So I'm not good enough for you? Sad

BTW I've dissolved the scope/ammo meter down to 2 faces - any more and it loses the curve I was trying to achieve. I also removed the end of the node under the barrel - it's just a plain cylinder now - as in the picture.

Faraday Wrote:So I'm not good enough for you?

Lol, no. I'm just asking.

I'm positively surprised by your work so faraday, keep it going! On a side note, am I the only one who thinks that the cylinder looks a bit clumsy on that model? Not a big deal though, only aesthetics.

asyyy, me too, I think that the cylinder should be slimer and lighter.
I also think that the top capacitor/ power cell should be tilted towards th buttstock, so it loks more elegant.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(12-30-2012, 01:35 PM)aa and asyyy Wrote: am I the only one who thinks that the cylinder looks a bit clumsy on that model?
asyyy, me too, I think that the cylinder should be slimmer and lighter.
I also think that the top capacitor/ power cell should be tilted towards the butt-stock, so it looks more elegant.

Which cylinder is that exactly?

And I don't seem to follow you on where you want me to tilt the capacitor to.

I've been playing a bit of Bioshock and looking at some commercial Nexuiz lately and I've been thinking about a different design altogether but I'm a bit concerned that it will just end up looking like a hagar clone. I was thinking of a claw like weapon with a tesla coil sticking out of the end. Surrounding it are 4 nodes that connect to the weapon when it fires. I can't really draw and I'm too lazy to upload a sketch - you'll have to imagine it.

Do you mean something like this?

Wait, did you say something about claw like? well, never mind, here it is:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-08-2013, 02:19 PM)aa Wrote: Do you mean something like this?

You made this!?

It's beautiful.. Although I wasn't really going for steampunk or alien-esque design, rather some sort of experimental military technology, like the original design.

EDIT: aa teach me to model or i will spam your inbox to hell and back

No, it was my shadow.)

Sereosly now. I have spent around 6 hours on it. Had to skip school, but it was worth it.

I dont like the fact it looks seam punk, it is supposed to hhave alien view.
Another problem, is that it has 100000 squares. After recounting to triangles it will almost double. Of course I will heavilly cut down on polies, but I am not sure if I will be able to do it smoothly enounght- i mean if it is possible. what is the maximum poligon count for weapons?

(01-08-2013, 04:30 PM)aa Wrote: No, it was my shadow.)

Sereosly now. I have spent around 6 hours on it. Had to skip school, but it was worth it.

I dont like the fact it looks seam punk, it is supposed to hhave alien view.
Another problem, is that it has 100000 squares. After recounting to triangles it will almost double. Of course I will heavilly cut down on polies, but I am not sure if I will be able to do it smoothly enounght- i mean if it is possible. what is the maximum poligon count for weapons?

IIRC 2500 or 4000 tris?

also i don't think that gun would look good from a first-person perspective.

(01-08-2013, 02:19 PM)aa Wrote: Do you mean something like this?

I think it looks pretty, but previous concept IMO is sth more fitting for lightning gun than this one. This one maybe could work as a fireball or maybe tag seeker/other anti vehicle weapon.

I will work on it. tell me, what is bad about it. Tell me what can be improved.Ll me what shapes are goo or bad.

I dont care about purpose and i can change the look q little bit to fit better.

I think that fireball would fit nicely, but I can remember reading somewhere that all energy weapons should look alien like, and the others should look human...

aa: Nice!

But I don't like the three mushrooms sticking out of it.

Too many curves imo...
Great designer Doug Chiang (the one designing characters and locations and starships for Star Wars) once said: Good project is just a few [perfectly matched] lines [that work together flawlessy]. So try to simplify it, create a general shape of the gun and then add some details. Talk to the Shadow too.
The end of the gun looks like flower.
The place you hold the gun looks like a dragon.
And the top flower is so funny (or was it supposed to be mushroom too?O_o)!

Which end?
I know the center looks ugly, but i dot know what to do there. any ideas?

"good project" i never had any project- i never had project, i just started doing it, amnd that was it.i know it is not the way to handle things, but i didn have time to think.)

WHat is bad about drogons?

ThE top mushroom is supposed to be aiming device.Smile or just a quake sign.Smile no idea how it should work.

I Like mushrooms!SmileBig Grin

ДПЗ-Concept-C

An update. -a -b shows two variations of centerpart. Also some further ideas.

```~~~ ;3 ~~~```
~~bad kitty enterprise~~

The first design is cool but the style is a bit off, almost cartoonish.
The claw-thing looks biological... hmm how about making the front part look like this: http://abisharp.files.wordpress.com/2012...-fish.jpeg
clawy, toothy, electric fish-thingy gun

(01-09-2013, 04:10 PM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: almost cartoonish.

entirely cartoonish

lol guys, what's happening to my one? Its fairly ready unless you want me to add more.

If you are finished, you should start texturing it... if you can...

But as I said already, the cylinder-under-the-barrel should be thiner. scale it to 0.9 or 0.8.

what exactly do you mean by "finished"? For the normal map it could certainly use more detail, and the back also looks a bit unfinished to me... after all the weapon isn't only seen in 1st person mode.

Overall I think it's a nice start however.... just one problem with the design... in 1st person the top cylinder will totally block the view on the front part, which in turn (especially with the animations you proposed) is probably the most interesting part in 1st person view... if it wasn't largely obstructed from view Wink

Faraday's model is looking nice for sure, with some adjustment could be really cool. Thank god someone finally fixed the spelling of the topic.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Announcer mic check and forum thread.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoo-electron

(01-17-2013, 08:02 AM)bitbomb Wrote: Thank god someone finally fixed the spelling of the topic.

Wink

(01-15-2013, 02:52 PM)poVoq Wrote: what exactly do you mean by "finished"? For the normal map it could certainly use more detail, and the back also looks a bit unfinished to me... after all the weapon isn't only seen in 1st person mode.

Overall I think it's a nice start however.... just one problem with the design... in 1st person the top cylinder will totally block the view on the front part, which in turn (especially with the animations you proposed) is probably the most interesting part in 1st person view... if it wasn't largely obstructed from view Wink

The cylinder is now smaller (0.9) and the back is less jagged. I'm now getting the model ready for texturing.

Bumping thread - let's keep this alive! I will post a new pic of it soon I haven't changed it much since before.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re-Lightning Maps Wolf-Snipe 3 2,742 04-18-2020, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Wolf-Snipe
Thumbs Up We need our own Big Freakin' Gun Harmata 9 6,436 04-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Harmata
  [PSA] Lighting is NOT spelled "lightNing" Mr. Bougo 14 11,567 12-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Last Post: aa
  Duelmap concepts Debugger 6 5,331 05-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Debugger
  Minigun/machine gun model kojn^ 2 4,258 04-13-2011, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Morphed
  new gun model: electro theShadow 30 34,424 01-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  New Ray gun F1rst16 7 5,023 09-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Last Post: rainerzufalldererste