Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightning Gun Concepts

for that I was just going off of the concept art. After talking with samual I am going to be redoing the wires somewhat.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I have never noticed that the wires are different on the concert art...
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Not that the one your currently working on isn´t good enough but what happened to this?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=400]

I've also been working on mine a little since I got some issues with blender resolved.

[Image: kRZPA4W.png]

I have absolutely no idea what to do about making a nice stock though.

Apparently I am no longer assigned to doing the official lightning gun so don't worry about anything I did. On the other hand, who knows what
other things I will make...

Ummm... what happenened to yours? Can you at least provide us with sources, so maybe somebody else can model it further, texture it, etc.?
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Well, there is a problem of it being the same as Shadow's, so it became obsolete...

Maddin Wrote:Not that the one your currently working on isn´t good enough but what happened to this?
http://forums.xonotic.org/attachment.php?aid=400
I don't know answer to your question but this model, which I REALLY like by the way, is very similar to T:A Spinfusor.
Light spinfusor:[Image: Light-Spinfusor.jpg]
Normal Spinfusor:[Image: Soldier_spinfusor.png]
[Image: 12684.png]

Maddin Wrote:Xonotic != Tribes Ascend
And the point of your truism is.... (?)

As Tribes is not Xonotic (Captain Obvious is obvious) it´s not good to copy over concepts from it. We can create our own style can we?

Maddin Wrote:As Tribes is not Xonotic (Captain Obvious is obvious) it´s not good to copy over concepts from it.
That was my point, and that's why I posted these pictures: to help avoid future similarities, which in my opinion are obvious in picture I referred to.
Quote:We can create our own style can we?
Hell yeah!

I've put the blend up of what I think was the most recent version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wbb87tk5w6r1g...ntex.blend

(06-14-2013, 03:19 PM)Maddin Wrote: As Tribes is not Xonotic (Captain Obvious is obvious) it´s not good to copy over concepts from it.

well g4spr0m has a point. it looks needless similar to the tribes spinfusor
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Maye this has some interesting parts one could make similar on the lightning gun?
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost....count=7784

BTW I am taking a break from this model to work on some other stuff, until we can get the concept locked down. (that's why no updates)
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

It's been a long while since I was on Xonotic but i'm ready to take another shot at the LG, however it would be extremely useful if we had some sort of agreed concept.

(03-09-2014, 03:30 PM)Faraday Wrote: It's been a long while since I was on Xonotic but i'm ready to take another shot at the LG, however it would be extremely useful if we had some sort of agreed concept.

Samual's current plan for the arc is to modify the HLAC model for it because there is no other, which would look really ugly Sad so let's get the ball rolling soon!

Actualy, I have been thinking about submitting this as the lightning gun:
[Image: 0_c20d1_b1ccce07_XXXL.jpg]

I am mostly done with the model, and now going onto UV unwrapping (which is quite tricky with such a shape). The texture you currently see is just a placeholder.

Not bad, looks like organic... thing.

aa, your work is very good but i don't feel like it is going along Xonotic style at the first impression. It is animalish kinda sorta. Because i know that every first impression can really be wrong i gave it another good look. Than i realized that that was the only thing i hated about half-life. Those animal stick-on-your-hand thingies that vomit bombs or bees after you fed them with goo. Actually i just realized that i felt disgusted when using those. Your weapon is just not of right style imo. Don't get me wrong, your work is good, but just don't feel right in combination with xon imo.

On the other hand i always liked more "slim" look of the weapons. Nex is bigger than the player model and like it is meant to be used by a giant. Crylink also.

I am just saying, not judging.

(06-14-2013, 03:19 PM)Maddin Wrote: As Tribes is not Xonotic (Captain Obvious is obvious) it´s not good to copy over concepts from it. We can create our own style can we?

The thing about style determining in a mass led project is tough. Because too many styles are colliding. I think that is the main thing bothering Samual in the first place.
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

The model seems to have a lot of sharp and weird looking brushes sticking out everywhere, the "claws" especially, not sure what you're going for with that.

(03-11-2014, 10:20 AM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: Not bad, looks like organic... thing.
(03-11-2014, 01:27 PM)Pendulla Wrote: It is animalish kinda sorta.
He did point out it's just a placeholder texture. I'm sure he can get it look close to crylink for instance, with real textures.

Yes, i was heading for crylink sort of look, since these two weapons fire electricity, use same ammo, and apart, crylink just looks awesome. The gun is made of some plastic or metal and contains purely mechanic components.
I do not understand what you are trying to say about "sharp and wierd brushes(?)"

I think that would look kick ass for a lightning gun, but doesn't really seem fitting for a crylink replacement.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(03-13-2014, 03:57 PM)aa Wrote: I do not understand what you are trying to say about "sharp and wierd brushes(?)"

Whatever those polygon things are called, I'm no 3D guy. Looks a bit randomly placed at the end of the claws, but then again I don't know what your texture scheme for them is.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re-Lightning Maps Wolf-Snipe 3 2,751 04-18-2020, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Wolf-Snipe
Thumbs Up We need our own Big Freakin' Gun Harmata 9 6,455 04-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Harmata
  [PSA] Lighting is NOT spelled "lightNing" Mr. Bougo 14 11,582 12-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Last Post: aa
  Duelmap concepts Debugger 6 5,348 05-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Debugger
  Minigun/machine gun model kojn^ 2 4,263 04-13-2011, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Morphed
  new gun model: electro theShadow 30 34,465 01-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  New Ray gun F1rst16 7 5,028 09-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Last Post: rainerzufalldererste