Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where can I find an alternative sound effects pack? (bullets, walking, etc)

I'm pretty fond of the Source engine (by Valve) myself, but got into Xonotic, and really like it as well. I like the fast pace at which gameplay is conducted, which is a change from the usual TF2 and CS:S. Rolleyes

Source has a large ecosystem, and there are various 'alternative' packs for Half Life 2, including sound fx packs and texture packs. It's this amount of mods and user-created content that I miss in non-Source games.
I've Googled around for packs like this for Xonotic, with little luck, except for sound packs purposed for maps. Are there any modification packs like this for Xonotic? Or anything from Nexuiz or other games which is compatible? Any central place for them?

That would be considered cheating for most admins. See this recent discussion http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=3581

EDIT: I guess it applies to sound but I can't speak for other admins about this, actually. I think the discussion above is still somewhat relevant.

sound is a separate discussion ... that one is based mostly on graphics ...

the key point is that halflife is primarily single player .... so sound changes only effect you

but xonotic is multiplayer ... so changing sounds may give you an advantage ...
(like in duels the armor shard sound is very loud ... but the small health sound is quiet)

in causal mutiplayer noone will care ... but in clan wars and such ... this kind of thing can be a big deal

---------------------

most community made content (well technicly all of xonotic is communtiy made content Tongue) is in the form of new maps

as for sound packs ... I don't know of any ...
If you wanted to make one ... go ahead ...

I have an alternate sound package. I'll upload it here later.

(10-21-2012, 08:20 AM)hutty Wrote: sound is a separate discussion ... that one is based mostly on graphics ...

the key point is that halflife is primarily single player .... so sound changes only effect you

but xonotic is multiplayer ... so changing sounds may give you an advantage ...
(like in duels the armor shard sound is very loud ... but the small health sound is quiet)

in causal mutiplayer noone will care ... but in clan wars and such ... this kind of thing can be a big deal

I can still imagine some sounds might benefit players if they were louder or had a different spectrum. I don't have an opinion on this, but I'm sure one could argue that some sound packs might be considered as cheating, just like texture or model packs might be. Of course, not all of them would be, but it's very hard to draw the line. So, again, it's better to outright ban the usage of any modification pack at all, be it sound or textures or models.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music How can I replace the announcer sounds with the ones I want? tempest 1 500 02-07-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Lava Sound Ch4mp 5 5,316 06-11-2016, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Beagle
  Sound packs weapons and items Beagle 5 6,095 05-23-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Beagle
Music Music and Sound forum section discussion unfa 19 27,760 07-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Powerup sound lasting through respawns unfa 5 6,866 07-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Music Different ambient Noises (sound loops) unfa 0 3,021 03-31-2014, 02:28 PM
Last Post: unfa
Music 4 wind ambient sound loops for Xonotic unfa 0 3,021 03-31-2014, 09:37 AM
Music Another portion of Forcefield sound loops. unfa 1 3,994 12-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Wink Extra sound effects for notable frags/games unfa 0 3,271 12-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Music Got a sound for plasma artilerry :D unfa 7 8,427 10-10-2013, 03:28 AM