Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Weapon - shotgun

Hi, I don't know if you will be using the old shotgun model but I have this idea:
the shotgun barrels are revolving as you shoot (primary), and then shot quickly but reloading all barrells after that. (secondary)

I just would like to say that i have played a lot of FPS and when i played Nexuiz i was shocked that th e primary weapon : shotgun is very powerful !
According to me we should make the shotgun less powerful

Your not along DJZelDarK..it is way too powerful, it is going to be corrected though Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(05-02-2010, 10:26 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Your not along DJZelDarK..it is way too powerful, it is going to be corrected though Smile

That's what you think... The last I checked the weapons were WAAAY past screwed in the git. We now have basically three machine guns (four if you count the easily exploitable camping rifle) with varying accuracies, power, and usefulness, a rather irritating to use anti-spammed electro, a nade launcher that pops shots that blow up too quickly with secondary, a Hagar that's been neutered on it's secondary (it has the EXACT same secondary that the TAG had), an equally FUBAR shotty. Fortunately we got assholes (like myself lol) that can point that out and it's still in development, meaning it aint supposed to be used for playing and on top of that it seems to look better and run better (I can MAX it and HOLD 40+fps) and will probably knock UT99 off it's throne upon version 1.0.

HEY! I think I found the balance file! Smile Time to start tweakin' (copy pasta 2.4.2) it.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

The shotgun should NOT be nerfed. It just shouldn't be a starter weapon lol. There is no reason to have more than one starter weapons anyways. Just keep the shotgun as is and buff the laser a little bit.

(05-03-2010, 02:17 AM)FreakOfNature Wrote: The shotgun should NOT be nerfed. It just shouldn't be a starter weapon lol. There is no reason to have more than one starter weapons anyways. Just keep the shotgun as is and buff the laser a little bit.

YES IT SHOULD!!!! They are even changing the color of it to bright orange and it's going to fire 50 caliber foam balls and do 1 damage. lol Personally I think a super shotgun identical to one that C Brutail proposed would balance the game. In my eyes the shotgun is Xonotic's enforcer and should be fairly useful in every situation but NEVER BE THE BEST WEAPON TO USE.

Oh wait.

(05-03-2010, 02:41 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: In my eyes the shotgun is Xonotic's enforcer

Maybe we should allow picking up second shotgun (like enforcer in UT99) instead of making a Super Shotgun?
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

so they are reworking all weapons? so much for idea. I like both laser (as a weapon) and shotgun. they are underestimated, sometimes when you shoot people they don't even return fire. but shotgun instead of other weapons is mostly suicide.

Shotgun is too strong, should be nerfed. 2.4.2 balance is a good idea.

Just got done tweakin' the files and got something a bit faster than 2.4.2 was. I wasn't able to do a straight copy paste of it because something couldn't be touched in the physics file as a means of countering a cheat, but I did get something that feels pretty good. The weapons from what I can tell are balanced now with the shotgun feeling similar to the 2.4.2 one. I would upload the file on here, but when I put it in a standard 2.5.2 install the game didn't act right.

Oh wait.

If you upload it, people could find out why it did not work.

(05-05-2010, 06:01 PM)Roanoke Wrote: If you upload it, people could find out why it did not work.

I heard from tha dude with teh mad coder (divVerrent) skillz that the code handles the physics a bit differently in Xonotic than it did in Nexuiz 2.5.2. Though if you want, you can take a look at them as they are still quite amusing (lol superman across a map) if you try to run them in 2.5.2.

You'll need to move these into the data20091001.pk3 archive found in Nexuiz/data. That pk3 is a zip file so if you have to, you can extract the archive and then zip it again to add the files, just make sure the file extension at the end of the file is .pk3 and zip.

Physics (they don't work right in 2.5.2) think the command line to run these would be exec_physicsLeeStricklin.cfg
http://dev.xonotic.org/attachments/65/ph...icklin.cfg

Weapon Balance (you might want to re-name this file and definitely back up your old one) assuming you rename this you'll need to use the command line exec_<whatever you named the file>.cfg
http://dev.xonotic.org/attachments/61/balance.cfg

Oh wait.

You don't need to put them in the archive, just copy them in /data

Oh lol didn't know that.

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Fixed shotgun spread as a cvar lerh050 1 810 09-03-2022, 05:59 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,835 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] Super Shotgun pickup Paulby 2 2,068 11-15-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] XonStats weapon graphs regardless of past games played Antares* 1 2,689 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon Balance and Presentation 2016 hutty 28 19,799 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,121 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,825 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] per-weapon/vehicle camera toggling Lee_Stricklin 5 6,183 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon damage Damasco 17 14,505 07-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Last Post: ShuffleShot
  [SUGGESTION] Share your opinions only on weapon balance! rocknroll237 67 52,597 02-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo