Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] enabling picmap

im new at this, and ive been scouring the config menu, but i cant find where to enable pic map. any help here?
[Image: hawken.png]

Code:
gl_picmip_world 1337
and then restart the renderer:
Code:
r_restart

to clarify, you type this in the console. which can be opened by pressing the "`" key.

thanks! (oh, am i glad this game has a console, i hate pc games that don't have one!)
1 more question. i can turn this off by setting the cvar to "0"?
[Image: hawken.png]

yes: 0 is no additional compresssion, and negative values will reduce picmip on textures that come picmiped by default (but i don't think any textures currently do this).

There should also be a command to get the description of a given cvar, but I can't figure it out Big Grin
(although you can find a description of any cvar through the graphical cvar editor, by going to settings>misc>advanced settings...)

Do get information about the cvar just start typing in the first letters (like 'gl_picmip') in the console and press TAB. It will list the matching commands and shows information about them.

Or use the apropos command in the console. apropos picmip will list every cvar and command that contains picmip in its name or description. But don't spell it picmap Tongue

Will putting 'apropos' in front of any word work in the same way?

Of course. Look at the command's description: type apropos and press tab.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [SOLVED] Single player: Enabling Cheats? hack-wizard 1 17,160 01-20-2016, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Mirio