Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
texture wish list

[Image: 3RR4Gk75TBzRbQ1C1ara17]

As some of you may already know ... I have been working on some textures ...

Are there any textures that you feel are missing from xonotic? ...
suggest something and I will attempt to add it to the pack

list so far
-- more metal textures (exx style ... less rusty though)
-- cleaner indoor/lab textures (darker than facility (lightspeed textures ))
-- glass textures ... different types/dirty glass
-- usable non-orange wood textures ...
-- grass/rocks/leaves ...
-- picture based signage (indicating arrows - donotenter signs - stuff for tutorial maps)
-- animated computer screens

It's spelled mayan.

(Don't mind me, I'm just taking precautions here.)

a clean prefabricated looking texture set like the one used on lightspeed, but one that doesn't blind people when bloom is enabled.

What Silencer means is that your texture set has to be 'clean' and futuristic, but it can not be completly white and completly grey.
Note from me: Don't overdo contrasts, make some aircraft like panels, glass, and cool trims and panels (optionally blue/red trims for ctf games)

Would it be relevant to ask for textures for the lighting beam on the upcoming lighting gun?
I think we could use something better than what we have as default so far.

Quote:It's spelled mayan
I really do not think this would fit with xonotic's style ... unless you can prove me wrong with concept art ... or something ...

Quote:a clean prefabricated looking texture set like the one used on lightspeed, but one that doesn't blind people when bloom is enabled.

That is a tricky one ... bloom in xonotic is only evil when there are very large patches of brightness ...
some examples ... the ground in sandstorm ... is not all that bright ... but because there is so much of it ... bloom goes crazy ...
also ... the phillipk2x set will also blind you if used incorrectly ...

... but sure ... i'll make some lighter/cleaner panels ...

Quote:Would it be relevant to ask for textures for the lighting beam on the upcoming lighting gun

... I am focusing on a map texture set right now ...
.. what do you mean by default? ... there is no lighting gun atm ... (the old electro hack does not count) ... the the tesla turret makes a nice lighting effect ...

I was talking about the electro hack lol,
I was just wondering because there has been a lot of emphasis on the lighting gun being in the new balance,
and I just wanted to see if there was anything going on related to that.

But since this is just about map textures(I thought it was a general texture wish list) I guess it's not relevant to this thread.

I guess I really didn't make that clear at the top :/ ...

Mayan and Egyptian (with the hyroglyphs, painted columns and all that (egyptsoc doesn't have any of this) think Unreal and UT.

No reason ruins won't exist in the future.

also, we really need glass at some point that doesn't look like absolute shit. imagine how good solarium could look with realistic-ish glass.

also we need floor textures, there currently aren't many that are decent looking out there.

and props.....

Cool metal textures would be nice, exx's ones are soo rusty, we need clean maps too! Smile

(11-19-2012, 03:52 PM)HellYeah Wrote: Mayan and Egyptian (with the hyroglyphs, painted columns and all that (egyptsoc doesn't have any of this) think Unreal and UT.

No reason ruins won't exist in the future.

I support this.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

also we could use some replacement for the hilariously bad energy shield texture that's used on newtonian, and elsewhere.

Quote: imagine how good solarium could look with realistic-ish glass

... um .. how could solarium's glass look better without using reflections? ...
(solarium has way to many reflections right now ...)

Quote: think Unreal and UT

I have not played either of those games ... so ... ...

but also .... I dont want to be directly copying what another game does ...
why not something new ...

why not heiroglyphs on red stone ... or white stone ...
what about glowyness ...
golden metal?

did the ainchent civs even use stone? ...

what if they used concrete ...

or lived on floating islands ...

or underground caves ...

Concrete doesn't last. That's why there's none of it from 30,000 years back. The ancients knew that they were to use stone if they wanted certain buildings to last.
When romans used concrete, much of that didn't last even 2000 years unless encased in stone, their stone structures are still with us. Also unequal stone sizes and shapes are used to resist earthquakes. The ancients weren't dumb, and the even more ancient ancients were very smart.

(11-20-2012, 11:20 AM)hutty Wrote: ... um .. how could solarium's glass look better without using reflections? ...

specular/gloss/normal maps

Quote: Concrete doesn't last
yeah ... guess your right there ....

specular and gloss are the same thing ...
how would glass have a normal map if it were flat ...
a distort map may be nice ... if I can get it working right

meanwhile ... providing visual references from games that did glass right might be a good idea

[Image: 3Kv8V65tl9fdXmVHJdok0m]

and then I realize that the map i'm working on would work best with a stone block texture set ....

maybe a combination of castle in the sky ...
http://www.thefilmpilgrim.com/wp-content...g-city.jpg

minecraft aether mod
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc24jn...1_1280.png

and basic xonotic techyness

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Map development/prototyping Texture Set Julius 6 1,196 08-14-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Baker
  List of Free/GPL Models & Programs AllegedlyDead 7 14,241 10-26-2021, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Dares
  Help, how I create a new texture for mapping? derrant 9 4,861 09-02-2021, 05:08 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  Textures: evillair's eU Texture Set Julius 1 1,716 11-27-2020, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Julius
  [NEED HELP] Texture problems in MD3 exported models (Quake 3) xLuca91x 9 6,590 03-31-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: xLuca91x
  Texture release thread _para 10 6,089 03-14-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: _para
  Tech texture set by Cr4zy now officially distributed under GPLv2+ license illwieckz 3 3,079 10-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Julius
  Texture and Player Model Creation Help Molnija 5 4,974 09-30-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Molnija
  [SOLVED] 3d texture? Z(Rus) 2 3,847 01-23-2016, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Z(Rus)
  Anyone needs an already-existing texture upscaled? acerspyro 0 3,146 07-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Last Post: acerspyro