Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Competitve tdm 4v4 maps.

Yay, i see some problem with tdm 4v4 maps, we have only 3 good competitive maps (atelier, dreadfull place and osp), and 2 from these 3 ports from quake, its means...WE NEED MOAR!111. I know we have awesome mappers in xonotic, so maybe they make some 1-2 real deal tdm 4v4 competitve maps?
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

i would like to see minideck played in a high skill match.

I think it would be an interesting experiment.

zeroql and asyyy couldn’t be on the same team though.

[Image: 30613520.jpg]

+1 Mirio Big Grin

Well we had duel, nexball and CTF mapping competitions, next one should be TDM maps realistically.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(11-21-2012, 11:08 PM)s1lence Wrote: i would like to see minideck played in a high skill match.

I think it would be an interesting experiment.

zeroql and asyyy couldn’t be on the same team though.

Minideck?Big Grin

Yeah, we definately need more TDM maps, I suggested a TDM mapping contest on IRC already yesterday.
[Image: 11878.png]

(11-22-2012, 06:34 AM)Diomedes Wrote: Minideck?Big Grin

it would be fun to watch. it would be a contest between zeroQL and asyyy to get to the nexgun, and then their teams to defend them.

What factors makes the map count as 'competitive'?

(11-22-2012, 04:11 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: What factors makes the map count as 'competitive'?

no tubas.

Basically Smilecythe, a map that is balanced enough (and big enough), for say 2v2 - 4v4 TDM gameplay at a competitive level. E.G not 4x 100armours on the map, not putting the hlac in, no tuba. Normal core weapon's, different area's of the map e.g different rooms, more complex build then standard pub maps, a balanced map, so not everything on all one side, different area's for team's to be able to control, quad/shield (or maybe both).

That's a good list there. Actual building of a map is down to a mapper ofcourse, if it flows well and fit's for 2v2 - 4v4 TDM gameplay and allows the above mentioned stuff then it's likely it will be liked by the competitive community.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

[Image: 4LHtsUrRmBM9O9elMyBAKg]

... although the lack of hlacs is not really in the favor of the hutty sector of competitive gameplay

hutty that one time on the vehicles sever Wrote:actually, HLAC is kind of U.P. ...

just because the current balance under powers it does not mean that it is useless ...

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...1#pid36681

well its there you just need to play it
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] More information in TDM scoreboard? Dodge 3 4,252 06-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Old maps / "low-quality maps" Debugger 8 9,253 02-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
Question [SUGGESTION] TDM uses team spawn entities VNilla 5 6,726 05-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Last Post: VNilla